worth a read

Darwin/NT & Tasmania Transport Discussion
metro_tas
Favourite Vehicle: Anything volvo or leyland

worth a read

Post by metro_tas »

trolling the internet and found this....

http://nicksknitting.blogspot.com/2011/ ... buses.html

was it you neil? lol
yoda

Re: worth a read

Post by yoda »

Sounds like a keyboard warrior hoping to get a bite.
metro_tas

Post by metro_tas »

pretty vile attack on the driver tho..... gotta love ketboard warriors!!!
crayner

Post by crayner »

Oh god I was enjoying that until I saw the name of the author. Someone I thought was a fairly bright guy, that I went to high school with.
You guys should be on the look out for the revolution!
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

metro_tas wrote:was it you neil? lol
ME :?: I thought of YOU :!: I love older passengers. They are not ars#holes like most of the younger ones :twisted:
VolvoDriver
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10M artic/Scania L94UB

Post by VolvoDriver »

What a whingeing nit
leyland clippers
Favourite Vehicle: Ansair buses & coaches

Post by leyland clippers »

No money no ride :roll: It's not rocket science. :mrgreen:
Hobart,The Way Life Should Be
metro_tas

Post by metro_tas »

what the fine people of hobart don't realize is if we the drivers are short it gets docked from our pay.... I wonder if he gives strangers money or tells them to go away???
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

No arguments about the money side but you all seem to be pointedly ignoring the allegation that the driver deliberately left two elderly passengers behind which to my mind (if true) is not acceptable behaviour.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
royaltiger
Favourite Vehicle: Royal Tiger Worldmaster !

Post by royaltiger »

metro_tas wrote:worth a read
no it's not! :shock:
Love this island!
metro_tas

Post by metro_tas »

royaltiger wrote:
metro_tas wrote:worth a read
no it's not! :shock:
just wanted peoples opinions
royaltiger
Favourite Vehicle: Royal Tiger Worldmaster !

Post by royaltiger »

metro_tas wrote:just wanted peoples opinions
Easy Jim, it was my take on the content. There are proper channels to make complaint, to embellish them on a public forum with a mixture of hysteria and distorted facts without oppotunity for reply or explanation makes such ravings irrelevant. CCTV never lies and it proves many a complaint to be frivolous, it would be interesting to have seen the outcome in this case.
Love this island!
missingthepoint

Post by missingthepoint »

First of all this was sent to the Metro Customer Complaint service and after about a week of back and forth emailing that was going no where, I decided to post it publicly on the blog. The back and forth emailing continued until they didn't reply; I probably could have continued further but I knew I would inevitably become more personally frustrated and they wouldn't be able to identify the driver (even though I gave them as much detail as you would assume necessary).

Second of all Ciaran, the title is sarcastic which I thought was obvious enough with the terribly edited Paint picture.

Third, Jim ("what the fine people of hobart don't realize is if we the drivers are short it gets docked from our pay.... I wonder if he gives strangers money or tells them to go away???") - just reiterating, this is what I sent in the email and I was just asking Metro if what I was told was true or not; another point that they conveniently avoided.
I have seen bus drivers take down people's details and the people are then required to pay back the money to the nearest Metro station. And for your information, I do give people money when asked politely or if the person is in obvious need of it (i.e. for catching a bus).

Most of you seem to be missing the point, it isn't about people trying to get on the bus and avoid paying for it. It's about a bus driver who was doing a terrible job; he refused to pick up two legitimate passengers (disadvantaged ones at that) and a bus driver who pretty much attempted to take my girlfriend hostage. As we were exiting the bus, she was voicing her opinion and disapproval of what he had done then he closed the bus doors on her and attempted to continue on his route. Let me emphasis that she was not yelling or cursing him, she simply pointed out in a polite manner that he had avoided picking up two people which he should have for reasons we didn't get. Before she said anything we had discussed that she should be polite and nice about it because everyone knows how many abusive idiots we all have to put up with on the buses and being aggressive about it, wouldn't change anything.
metro_tas

Post by metro_tas »

true M im not agreeing with the allegations of the driver but ive always tried to the right thing by passengers and let many go if I think they are genuinely under hardship but many just try to score a free ride :( and after the trouble I have heard lately a fine example being bus 302 smashed drivers window, smashed windscreen, desto glass, windscreen wiper blade I can see why some drivers are on edge. i havent missed the point of this blog but still like to share things I fond on the net. As for the driver closing the doors I dont know why they would have chose this option as I would much prefer (as a driver) to let people have their say and hope off if its not resolved this way I ask them to make a complaint stating my bus number, route number and I.D, number :) I know personally sometimes once I have left a bus stop people want to catch it for example at traffic lights ill never open the doors at traffic lights, or if im going to clog a major road cant do that either. I hope I have clarified my view on this. This is my personal take on it and is in no way shape or form the view of metro.

Return to “Discussion - Other States (NT & TAS)”