Eagle Model 10 history

New Users (or anyone else) is/are welcome to ask questions in here to which the answers might be obvious to most but you simply don't know yourself or are unsure where to find the answer. You can also ask questions about the working of the forum or anything else you may think of.

Moderator: MAN 16.242

Forum rules
### This section is a NO FLAMING ZONE! That means you cannot reply "harshly", abusively, sarcastically or in any negative manner to members. ###
Peter W

Eagle Model 10 history

Post by Peter W »

I have recently purchased a very nice 1983 Model 10 Eagle that was retired from service and turned into a motorhome in 1997. Can anybody help with the history of this coach? The last rego was 239CTA as per the receipt from Stan Biega. Chassis No. 1EUAN6A16DH060006 and 6V92T Engine with Allison 4 speed auto. Any info appreciated.

Thanks.

CCCC
Favourite Vehicle: Silvereagle and Scenicruiser

Re: Eagle Model 10 history

Post by CCCC »

Im sure one of the bus nuts will fill you in with all the info you require shortly.
What we really would like from you is more pic's. :D
Peter W

Post by Peter W »

Here's a few from when I first went to inspect it. I'm in the striped shirt.The other fellow in the grey t-shirt bought it just out of service in 1997 and did the motorhome fitout in conjunction with a motorhome builder who supplied and fitted the cabinets. Engine had a full out of frame rebuild around 10,000km ago but the bus was driven less than 1,000km in his last two years of ownership hence the sale. After a few minor repairs for changeover to NSW rego I took it for a 2,000km run with no major problems.

CCCC
Favourite Vehicle: Silvereagle and Scenicruiser

Post by CCCC »

I'll bump this back up to see if someone knows its history.

Nice conversion done.
Peter W

Post by Peter W »

Thanks CCCC. I think it was originally a Greyhound import as they brought quite a few Eagles in but I don't have any evidence. The previous owner said Stan Biega had a few of them for sale in 1997 at the asking price of $65k but he bought this one for almost half - slow moving stock. The coach was then only 14 years old but we were coming out of 'the recession we had to have' so maybe times were a bit tight and a company went bust. I have no idea what happened to the others. Maybe some found their way back into service for a few more years. I have been told there are only 12 Model 10 Eagles in the country.
mrobsessed
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Reliance

Post by mrobsessed »

Fantastic vehicles. 239 was ex- Greyhound 1053, one of the many purchased by the Sitas for Coachtrans on the Gold Coast, all ex-Greyhound. 1053 was the only Eagle 10 in Pioneer livery, so there is surely a pic floating around somewhere of it.
ross johnson

Post by ross johnson »

About 10 years ago, there was an Eagle [10 ?] ' living; in the Sydney Hills district. I used to see it occasionally, and remember it had been converted into a Mobile home. Usually was showing " ON TOUR " if heading [apparently ] of on a trip, and " SYDNEY " if spotted returning to the area. Whether this is the same one, I don't know. Was in great external [at least ] condition.
rOjO43
gen man
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Worldmaster CRT2/1

Post by gen man »

Peter W wrote:Thanks CCCC. I think it was originally a Greyhound import as they brought quite a few Eagles in but I don't have any evidence. The previous owner said Stan Biega had a few of them for sale in 1997 at the asking price of $65k but he bought this one for almost half - slow moving stock. The coach was then only 14 years old but we were coming out of 'the recession we had to have' so maybe times were a bit tight and a company went bust. I have no idea what happened to the others. Maybe some found their way back into service for a few more years. I have been told there are only 12 Model 10 Eagles in the country.
Greyhound had 13 Eagle 10's, numbered 1001 to 1008 & 1051 to 1055 in their fleet, of which a lot of them ended up at Coachtrans/Pacific West on the Gold Coast, when Greyhound sold them off. I'm sure there were at least a couple of others imported into Australia, possibly one by Doug Lever, who used to own Lever's, Queanbeyan & currently owns Bega Valley Coaches in Bega, NSW. Other people on here might know more about them.
need red GA:521, 831.
AAT-Kings:
2014 - Year of Privatisation!

Return to “New Users/Ask a Simple Question”