ABC Bus Company

New Zealand Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc.

Moderator: Vitalstatistix

Forum rules
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
ABC Bus

ABC Bus Company

Post by ABC Bus »

hi all, I am searching for photos of the ABC Bus fleet from the 60s and 70s, my dad drove for them in the 60s and I remember very well the Leyland Worldmasters as they were being built at the depot.
We lived in New Lynn and I'd ride my push bike around the yard on weekends, but alas took no photos.

I drove myself for the ARA out of the Wiri depot in the very early 80's and would to be able to get my hands on some photos of the Daimlers and VAMs, Mercs and MANs.

So if anyone can help or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. :D
Vitalstatistix
Favourite Vehicle: MAN NL262 with VoithDIWA 851.3

Re: ABC Bus Company

Post by Vitalstatistix »

Have you tried the Omnibus Society?
http://omnibus.org.nz/buslocation/index.html
im zug zum flug

The road to success is always under construction.
Check out my Instagram @scottsiakia90
ABC Bus

Post by ABC Bus »

yes thanks have had a wander through there, but trying to get good photos of the Worldmasters is tuff,
Vitalstatistix
Favourite Vehicle: MAN NL262 with VoithDIWA 851.3

Post by Vitalstatistix »

A bit before my time. Only other avenue I am aware of is nz-urban-transport on yahoo groups. A request there might shed some light.
im zug zum flug

The road to success is always under construction.
Check out my Instagram @scottsiakia90
ptlivestock

Post by ptlivestock »

The buses of the ABC fleet were quite reasonably covered photographically by quite a number of people from the early sixties until the end of the companies existance. Some of these photos have been on NZ Urban, and there may now be some on the Omnibus Society site, however the vast majority were at some stage uploaded to the Yahoo group, HistorticNZbuspics where some may still be archived. Also still on the group in the message archives are a vast number of emails between members talking everything ABC including the antics of the former owner. A lot of good reading, but you will have to trawl them. A search "ABC" will turn up everything and give you reference to what photos have been in circulation and from whom ;-)

Peter Trevor
ptlivestock

Post by ptlivestock »

ptlivestock wrote:The buses of the ABC fleet were quite reasonably covered photographically by quite a number of people from the early sixties until the end of the companies existance. Some of these photos have been on NZ Urban, and there may now be some on the Omnibus Society site, however the vast majority were at some stage uploaded to the Yahoo group, HistorticNZbuspix where some may still be archived. Also still on the group in the message archives are a vast number of emails between members talking everything ABC including the antics of the former owner. A lot of good reading, but you will have to trawl them. A search "ABC" will turn up everything and give you reference to what photos have been in circulation and from whom ;-)

Peter Trevor

Return to “New Zealand Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc.”