Canberra Memories (No Low Floors)

Moderator: Busnerd

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Coach_Captain
Favourite Vehicle: MAN Mk1.... They rule.

Canberra Memories (No Low Floors)

Post by Coach_Captain »

Here is a selection of Action buses, taken over the past years.

I am like a Royal Family Member..
Better than taking the horse and cart
I drive the Silver SmartBus... and it's a Mercedes!!
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Re: Canberra Memories (No Low Floors)

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

I know I've asked the Q before (but I cannot remember the answer) BUT, why are some blue over orange and others orange over blue :?: Also 1 or 2 have white behind rear window where the others are the blue or orange :?: I still think the old Renault/Macks are an attractive design (at least from the front) :mrgreen:
E.L.Wood
Favourite Vehicle: PMC Adelaide bodied Elwood

Post by E.L.Wood »

Tas Bus Nut wrote:I know I've asked the Q before (but I cannot remember the answer) BUT, why are some blue over orange and others orange over blue :?: Also 1 or 2 have white behind rear window where the others are the blue or orange :?: I still think the old Renault/Macks are an attractive design (at least from the front) :mrgreen:

looking at the ACT bus site and the fleet lists there are 2 variants, PR100.2 mark 1(blue over orange) and PR100.2 mark 2(orange over blue) - each has a different livery, I'm not sure of the actual difference between the 2 except the mark 1 are B42D while the mark 2s are B43D- can anyone else provide any other differences between the mark 1 and 2 versions.
There are also mark 1 and 2 versions of the PR180.3 bendies.

http://www.actbus.net/index.php
yolo seems to be a bit of a trend!
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Thx Hayden. Looks like ALL the Mk.Is (inc.180s) were blue/orange whilst the Mk.IIs & Mk.IIIs are orange/blue. Cheers
Ryan
Favourite Vehicle: PR180.2 Mk1

Post by Ryan »

You're correct that the liveries were blue over orange on the Mk1 PR100.2's and PR180.2's, and orange over blue for the MK2.

There are however a handful of Mk1's that were repainted following the removal of special liveries and as a result carry the orange-over-blue scheme. Including withdrawn units, those buses are 690, 751, 760, 775, 798, 808, 835, 840, 853 and 869. Of those, only 808, 835 and 840 are still in service, 869 is being used on training only and the rest are gone.

In terms of other differences, the Mk2 vehicles feature flip-dot destinations while the Mk1 have roller blinds. Again there are two exceptions - 808 and 869 were retrofitted with flip-dot displays. The seating layout also differs slightly, and the bag rack is behind the driver on Mk1's, whereas it is on the near-side with the Mk2's.

The PR100.3 and Darts introduced another twist on the livery - they are orange over blue with a grey skirt. The new orange, green and white livery has appeared on all new vehicles since 2004 - The Irisbuses, Scania L94UB and K320UB and MAN 18.310 & 18.320's. Again one exception is 490, a demonstrator Scania K230UB which is all white with a small splash of orange and green on the near side front corner.
Get on Board - http://www.actbus.net - Canberra's Transport Enthusiast Website
• Website • Forum • ACTION Fleet Wiki • Gallery • Retired ACT Transport Employees Club •
ajw373

Post by ajw373 »

Ryan wrote:You're correct that the liveries were blue over orange on the Mk1 PR100.2's and PR180.2's, and orange over blue for the MK2.

There are however a handful of Mk1's that were repainted following the removal of special liveries and as a result carry the orange-over-blue scheme. Including withdrawn units, those buses are 690, 751, 760, 775, 798, 808, 835, 840, 853 and 869. Of those, only 808, 835 and 840 are still in service, 869 is being used on training only and the rest are gone.

In terms of other differences, the Mk2 vehicles feature flip-dot destinations while the Mk1 have roller blinds. Again there are two exceptions - 808 and 869 were retrofitted with flip-dot displays. The seating layout also differs slightly, and the bag rack is behind the driver on Mk1's, whereas it is on the near-side with the Mk2's.
808 actually came new with flip dot rather than being retrofitted, it was also delivered in a livery for the National Gallery painted in an Elvis theme. As for the differences between MKI and MKII the seat colour also changed in the MKII's, those being a grey colour instead of the blue used on MKI's.
Ryan
Favourite Vehicle: PR180.2 Mk1

Post by Ryan »

ajw373 wrote:808 actually came new with flip dot rather than being retrofitted
My mistake - you are correct. That said, the original flip dot was replaced at some point.

Compare the original here and here to what it has currently.
Get on Board - http://www.actbus.net - Canberra's Transport Enthusiast Website
• Website • Forum • ACTION Fleet Wiki • Gallery • Retired ACT Transport Employees Club •

Return to “Photos - Canberra/ACT”