Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Gday

Re: Bus rollover - Jindabyne

Post by Gday »

You have been lucky cccc :)
snowdog

Post by snowdog »

I have been up in the snow country more then 500 times over a perioud of 7 years driving coaches for a national company. I only had to put chains on 7 times, 5 early in the mornings and 2 late afternoons.
And only because the national parkes rangers told me to do it.
Daz
Favourite Vehicle: 4964F Heritage

Post by Daz »

When practicing in the yard, always remember- unclip the frigging inside chain first. Especially when the boss is watching :shock: :oops: :evil: ...

I witnessed three distinct emotions when it was done the wrong way and the chain fell in- confusion wondering what happened, anger as the victim tried ruthlessly to get it out, then sadness as he realized his attempts were useless.

Daz
Did you hear the scarecrow got an award? He was out standing in his field.
Gday

Post by Gday »

snowdog wrote:I have been up in the snow country more then 500 times over a perioud of 7 years driving coaches for a national company. I only had to put chains on 7 times, 5 early in the mornings and 2 late afternoons.
Funny, Ive only drive up/ down maybe 150 times over the past 20 years, and of those times, maybe 20-25 trips have been on chains (admittedly most were in Vic fields). Obiously Im not as experienced as you, however, if National Parks guys get you to put them on, there is probably a good reason.
BTW I reckon I would be 75% afternoon fitment (My groups seem to drag out until after 5pm, and there is usually some bloody ice around), you must have been doing that god early dog service up
snowdog

Post by snowdog »

I was many times early out of canberra to thredbo arrive thredbo 0630 and depart 0830 coming home. Dont miss it.
snowdog

Post by snowdog »

Anybody know who the coach belongs to???
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Have you read the posts above??
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

snowdog wrote:I have been up in the snow country more then 500 times over a perioud of 7 years driving coaches for a national company. I only had to put chains on 7 times, 5 early in the mornings and 2 late afternoons.
What more proof do you want of global warming :)
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
8 SPEED
Favourite Vehicle: Anything 420hp or above

Post by 8 SPEED »

hillshoist wrote:i was at suttons forrest with my coach on friday night and my group where having dinner ,
this coach in question pulled up(tv 3777) opened the front door and several empty beer b ottles fell out when the driver opened the door. the pax onboard took out 4 cartons of empty beer bottles, one pax urinated on my coach plus another threw a beer bottle at my coach whihc broke , these pax where so intoxicated it wasnt funny. the driver was dressed in a ripped pair of jeans black scruffy t shirt and thick black rimmed glasses frames with no lenses and his hat on sideways , this guy had no authority as he said it was a private charter , no accrediatation on the bus , andther driver looked like he should be riding a skate board not driving a bus
the front door of the bus also had a tube running out side the door with a funnel inside the bus for them to urinate .
this driver was clearly not a regular bus driver and him and his group were discusting .
its people like this who bring down the coach industry. its discusting you can go and hire a bus just because you have a licence to drive it ,no authority,no snow licence , and clearly no experience , i watched this coach drive away from suttons forrest onfriday night and thought to myself what a complete disaster waiting to happen, and clearly thats what happenned , this accident is the result of letting your pax drink and be fools on the bus and also a driver who is clearly inexperienced behind the wheel of a coach with 50 people onboard .
at suttons forrest there waS MYSELF and 3 other coaches who witnessed this appauling behavior , my belief now is this should be reported to the ministry as this shouldnt .
hapen and will bring concequences down on the whole industry because of a few cowboys
i genuenly hope no one is badly injured but this is the result of rules in place that have clearly been ignorred or broken
Maybe a quick call to the boys in blue might have done the trick.
THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR HORSEPOWER
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Perhaps you can offer some advice to cities all over Europe and North America who lose their bus transport in ice and snow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kMkYhc4F2g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytb3jiNZcbU&feature=fvsr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWbFbKikmQA

Articulated buses are a particular hoot. :)
andyr

Post by andyr »

Considering where the vehicle came from and the fact that it was a "private charter" (as mentioned by hillshoist) I wonder whether OTSI will get involved?
Bedford-29

Post by Bedford-29 »

Can I ask a question this bus rollover happen down at Jindabyne how come the accident report say Kangaroo Valley that what has me confused are we talking about one accident or two different bus accidents.As the bus involved was G & S Mini bus TV-3574.
Previoulsy known as United Diesel 15
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Emm Kay Vee wrote:Yes andyr, just today I was reading this horror story: http://www.otsi.nsw.gov.au/bus/Investig ... eserve.pdf
That's appalling. Apart from the obvious duty of care matters I'm staggered that buses now don't have more failsafe layers of braking Trams have three systems, buses seem to have no more than passenger cars a few decades ago and an electric retarder switch that can easily be disabled by a connector coming apart (as they often do). An appalling lack of design diligence as well as the human failures.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Bedford-29 wrote:Can I ask a question this bus rollover happen down at Jindabyne how come the accident report say Kangaroo Valley that what has me confused are we talking about one accident or two different bus accidents.As the bus involved was G & S Mini bus TV-3574.
The report linked to is NOT about Jindabyne - it would take a lot longer to prepare such a report.

It was posted as an example of what such a report may look like,
Living in the Shire.
Mr Scania
Favourite Vehicle: Scania

Post by Mr Scania »

Hillshoist
Did the bottle thrown at your coach do any damage ?
AL

Post by AL »

Pee funnel and the vehicle hired from Bus & 4WD sounds like Oz Snow Adventures rather than a private bus........
Gday

Post by Gday »

Shame..... DIKHEADS and SNOW seem to go hand in hand dont they.
Bedford-29

Post by Bedford-29 »

A pee funnel and the poor motorist behind lovely gee there some idiot coach company`s out there.I think if they have half brain and going to use a coach or mini bus that ain`t fitted with toilet on a longer trip that is longer then two hours.To pull into a roadhouse or a rest area that has a toilet block.Not have a funnel and a length of hose so you pee strewth what a health hazard.
Previoulsy known as United Diesel 15
LB608

Post by LB608 »

TV3777 was noted for sale 30/4/11 on Trucksales.com.au.
Daz
Favourite Vehicle: 4964F Heritage

Post by Daz »

A fellow driver said it was an Oz-Snow trip. But he also said the driver had been detained on suspicion of drugs and there were skidmarks all around the coach meaning it still had brakes. It landed in the ditch out the front of the Caravan park.

Daz
Did you hear the scarecrow got an award? He was out standing in his field.
Gday

Post by Gday »

LB608 wrote:TV3777 was noted for sale 30/4/11 on Trucksales.com.au.
It has been listed for sale on Used bus sales for 2 years...
Guessing a substantial price reduction ............ :|
hillshoist
Favourite Vehicle: HOLDEN COLORADO

Post by hillshoist »

No Damage to the coach it hit the front wheel , thank fully for the driver of the other coach as the coach i was in has just had a full refurbishment and looks new and the owner of mine would have been peeved had there been any damage. im not surprised after seeing the driver that he may have been detained for drug issues. any one who actually cares about the bus industry would have been appauled at seeing what we saw at suttons forrest ,its time for the ministry to get rid of these cowboys as they bring all of us down in this industry ,im also told this driver had never been in the snow in a heavy vehicle nor did he have a authority nor did he have a snow licence. go figure we are now talking about a coach roll over with people hurt. its time for the cowboys to go .
hillshoist

Post by hillshoist »

AL you are absolutely correct the driver or cowboy what ever you wish to call him had a oz snow jacket on but there was also a coach from shoal bus there with ozsnow also but very professional operator not like this clown
hillshoist

Post by hillshoist »

emm kay vee the story you were reading is a different story to what happenned last week
but yes a very story nun the less
hillshoist

Post by hillshoist »

the otsi report in question emm kay vee is talking about is the gand s bus at kangaroo valley last year .
this bus is g and s not steves mini buses as you can see in the pic , this is the accident where the owner of g and s was killed in the accident
this is a totally different incident to the one last week at jindabyne

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”