Canberra trip (Part 2)

Moderator: Busnerd

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Bidgee
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B7R and MAN SL202

Canberra trip (Part 2)

Post by Bidgee »

Part two of my trip, I do have more but I'm currently injured so I'll get them done soon as I can.

Deane's Bus Lines - 4550 MO - ABM bodied Mercedes-Benz O405NH at City Interchange.

I think the Acc had Loi's Brothers Pty Ltd ACC: 23623 Canterbury (Reg 412 GZA). Coach Design 'Apparition' bodied MAN 18.310 at the Jolimont Centre.

Greyhound Australia - 409DOG - Motorcoach Australia - GM at the Jolimont Centre.

Greyhound Australia - 727 LTS - Mills-Tui 'Majestic Valere' bodied Scania K114IB (Bus I got back to Wagga on) at the Jolimont Centre.

Murrays Coaches- MO 73 - Austral Pacific bodied Scania K113TRBL 14.5m 4-axle at the Jolimont Centre.

Murrays Coaches- MO 16 - Austral Pacific bodied Scania K113TRBL 14.5m 4-axle at the Jolimont Centre.
Bidgee

Re: Canberra trip (Part 2)

Post by Bidgee »

With 412 GZA it is an ex-Connection Travel bus.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/connection ... 476134856/ Thanks Flickr! :lol:
Daedalus

Post by Daedalus »

I've seen lots of these around Canberra. I think I've been on one but I was tired and could hardly get one of my eyes open. Are these quad-axle coaches double deck or high deck? If anybody is going to say it's a double deck because it has a door on the side, don't bother saying it. I've seen high decks with doors on the sides as well, so I was just wondering.

Whoever the drivers are, they must have experience with trucks or something to drive that. It's incredibly long.
Bidgee

Post by Bidgee »

Yes, Murrays quad-axle coaches are high deck.
snowdog

Post by snowdog »

409dog I have done many ks in that machine. it has a v6/692 GM in it the motor is to small for the coach and you have to do lots of gear changes just to get it going. It was good on the hay planes, flat roads ect. It was made for outback Queenland by mcaffertys no hills out there and it went well out there. I dont miss it.
AL

Post by AL »

Daedalus wrote:Whoever the drivers are, they must have experience with trucks or something to drive that. It's incredibly long.
At 14.5m long, it's the same length as Murray's other 3-axle Scania, and the same length as Greyhound's 409 pictured, so you don't need to be too special to drive one. If anything Greyhound's 409 would be tricker with it's 7-speed crash box.
snowdog

Post by snowdog »

Dead right 7 speed spicer crash box.
Mr Scania
Favourite Vehicle: Scania

Post by Mr Scania »

Or 7 speed Eaton ?
Daedalus

Post by Daedalus »

AL wrote:
Daedalus wrote:Whoever the drivers are, they must have experience with trucks or something to drive that. It's incredibly long.
At 14.5m long, it's the same length as Murray's other 3-axle Scania, and the same length as Greyhound's 409 pictured, so you don't need to be too special to drive one. If anything Greyhound's 409 would be tricker with it's 7-speed crash box.
Hang on. That thing's the same length as the standard 3-axles? Man you guys have long buses here. Do they hold about 50-60 people in there? :shock:
Gday

Post by Gday »

most have 52-56 seats, I have a 14.5m 61 seat MAN, it has 2 doors, with a toilet adjacent to the rear door.
Scenic tours had their 14.5m Autobuses specced with 48 seats. They were soooooooo spacious. BBL has about ten of them now, with most now being 56 seaters.
drivingstyle69
Favourite Vehicle: the biggest one

Post by drivingstyle69 »

Mr Scania wrote:Or 7 speed Eaton ?
SPICER buddy, SPICER!
409 was a great little jigger when Idrove it, the old 692's have to be given the old kick in the guts to keep them going but you can still have a very plesent drive in them! I enjoyed going up the hill out of Junee in the old motor coaches!

The other Greyhound scania is ment for the mines, and that is why it has the yellow reflective strip down the side. 816 was a great coach too! But if I had to choose my favorite coach while at greyhound, it would have to be 666PUP (not sure if it was DOG or PUP, pretty sure it was PUP) as it used to have a cat motor (about 350-400hp if I remember rightly and a 10sp eaton autoshift! the auto was a bit rough but if you lernt to drive it right it would be a great coach
signing on for twentyten
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Daedalus wrote:Hang on. That thing's the same length as the standard 3-axles? Man you guys have long buses here. Do they hold about 50-60 people in there? :shock:
Even here in Tassie, Tasmanian Redline Coaches initially had 5 x 14.5m Motorcoaches (1996), however has since sold 4 of them. Redline's had 61 seats.

Return to “Photos - Canberra/ACT”