Any work-in-progress photos for Stones Corner?

Brisbane / QLD Transport Discussion

Moderator: PRT 065

ggm
Favourite Vehicle: AEC routemaster

Any work-in-progress photos for Stones Corner?

Post by ggm »

If anyone here has site-access and a camera, I'd love to see some work-in-progress stuff for the new busway work in Stones Corner, or any of the work around Brisbane which people have.

Such a shame the funding cut out at Langlands Pool, the tunnel up to Coorparoo Junction and Beyond is really vital to stopping the bottlenecks on Old Cleveland Rd.

(actually I wish the trams were still running more, but some dreams just can't be met)

-G
08 XDi

Re: Any work-in-progress photos for Stones Corner?

Post by 08 XDi »

ggm wrote:If anyone here has site-access and a camera, I'd love to see some work-in-progress stuff for the new busway work in Stones Corner, or any of the work around Brisbane which people have.

Such a shame the funding cut out at Langlands Pool, the tunnel up to Coorparoo Junction and Beyond is really vital to stopping the bottlenecks on Old Cleveland Rd.

(actually I wish the trams were still running more, but some dreams just can't be met)

-G
The work is heavily advanced, and is easily visible at both stations from Old Cleveland Road and surrounding streets. Won't be long before opening now - definitely before year's end we are told.
Elvis has left the building!
andrew_ling

Post by andrew_ling »

Nearmap (http://www.nearmap.com) has some good aerial progress shots of various projects in Brisbane.

Here's Stones Corner: http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-27.499041,1 ... d=20110507
This is a Beaudesert train. The next station is Kyogle where this train terminates. Passengers for the CountryLink service to Sydney please change trains here.
BT-Otto
Favourite Vehicle: Brisbane Transport B7's

Post by BT-Otto »

All going well, about the first week of September is the likely opening..
noʎ ɹɐǝu snq BT ɐ uı

Return to “Discussion - Brisbane / QLD”