Bus gallery - recovered photos.

News and comments about this board.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Bus gallery - recovered photos.

Post by Fleet Lists »

In the crashes last year as we know a lot of photos were lost from the photo gallery.

Yesterday I happened to notice that when running the random photo slideshow, it showed that the photo selected was one out of a certain number but this number happened to be 44 MORE than we have in the gallery, which had me really intrigued.

I finished up writing a script which extracted various bits of information and eventually it came down to the fact the gallery database contains 44 more photos (togther with their associated thumbnails) then the gallery software acknowledges and I have been able to identify the photos concerned.

I can not find any way of reconnecting these photos to the software - the descriptions etc are lost.

So it appears as though I will need to delete them all from the database after moving the main photos to my PC and then reloading them as new pictures. As in many cases I have no idea what gallery they may have been in I think I will create a special gallery for these photos. In nearly all cases I can identify the bus concernmed and hence can add a description although if there were comments about location, etc, I would not be able to recreate those.

The strange thing is that they are nearly all Victorian photos. But otherwise I can not see any rhyme or reasons that would bind those photos together in a particular group. They were certainly added over quite a period of time and certainly not just before the crash.

It will take a few days to set up for this before I start reloading them.

This McKenzie photo is one someone may be able to help with http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/alb ... G_4246.JPG
Living in the Shire.
venturatiger

Re: Bus gallery - recovered photos.

Post by venturatiger »

Hi Lourie, can help with location, it is at Coldstream on a Yarra Valley Winery Tour, whilst i have similar photos at that spot , i don't have one with that number in the windscreen

Cheers Ventutratiger
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Thanks Venturatiger.

I have uploaded three today starting a new private album for these photos as in most cases the original owner, album and description are not known.
For today's uploads does anyone have any more info on http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... ?pos=-2999
Living in the Shire.
MAN 16.242
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N SL200

Post by MAN 16.242 »

Fleet Lists wrote:Thanks Venturatiger.

I have uploaded three today starting a new private album for these photos as in most cases the original owner, album and description are not known.
For today's uploads does anyone have any more info on http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... ?pos=-2999
Its a Mercedes-Benz O500RF/Autobus, ex (2) MO 5471 Forster Bus Service - Forster, N.S.W.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

24 of the recovered photos have been explained to some degree. The owner of the photos had asked for them to be deleted at some stage but the database which was restored still contained them
I had already uploaded 20 of those 24 which have now again been deleted = hopefully permanently this time.
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

After some more research I suspect that 19 out of the other 20 would also have belonged to the same person. So for the sale of just one ophoto I am just not to take this any further.

I will delete all the other 20 from the database.

Case closed.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “News & Administration”