Who is this site hosted with?

News and comments about this board.
moto51
Favourite Vehicle: Coach Design MAN 24.420 14.5m

Post by moto51 »

I am going to start a forum website running phpbb with a custom theme in the future and was wondering what company hosts this site? Also if you don't mind could you please providing me with some stats like how big your sql database is and how much bandwidth you have to it, etc.

Cheers, moto51
Explain your reasoning for putting the slowest, worst bus on the longest route. Surely it'd be more efficient to have a newer one. Where's my 8 speed M.A.N?
Ken
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Re: Who is this site hosted with?

Post by Ken »

This site is hosted with www.layerednetworks.com

I recommend them as a value for money web host with good support.

I won't give the figures for this site, but if you go to the forum on phpbb.com I'm sure you can details about indicative database sizes. What uses up more space than the database is images if you allow file uploads as this forum does.

I presume you're planning a non-transport related forum? (Just a friendly reminder that anyone starting up a competing transport forum won't be allowed to publicise it via this site. I have no problem with anyone who wishes to create their own transport forum but you need to use other methods of publicity to promote your site - just like you don't see ads for Channel 7 on Channel 9).
moto51

Post by moto51 »

Technically it is transport but not buses, trains and other HGV's, it's going to be a 4x4 forum with nothing related to HGV's. That alright with you Ken? I would never try to setup a site that competes with yours, no way I could do a fleetlists database the size of this one. As for allowing uploads, i'll probably setup an imageshack toolbar in the reply page like I have seen on other sites as it's more efficient from what I see.
Explain your reasoning for putting the slowest, worst bus on the longest route. Surely it'd be more efficient to have a newer one. Where's my 8 speed M.A.N?
nbus
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B7RLE [Volgren]

Post by nbus »

Bus Aus has many publicise websites about buses and if u dont want more you must be Greedy.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

moto51 wrote:As for allowing uploads, i'll probably setup an imageshack toolbar in the reply page like I have seen on other sites as it's more efficient from what I see.
With Imageshack (that uses annoying pop ups, even if you block pop ups) I have seen posts around to view and/or click on ImageShack with caution.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
moto51

Post by moto51 »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:
moto51 wrote:As for allowing uploads, i'll probably setup an imageshack toolbar in the reply page like I have seen on other sites as it's more efficient from what I see.
With Imageshack (that uses annoying pop ups, even if you block pop ups) I have seen posts around to view and/or click on ImageShack with caution.
It is used over on MacTalk and nobody has complained about it, I have never had an issue with it. I could do an image upload option but that's a fair way down the track yet, I'm still working out how it's going to be organized then I have to start designing and modifying the skin for it.
cminor

Post by cminor »

I think IX is best for webhosting. They offer unlimited data transfer and a good support. And they got a lot of one-click installs and
some advertising features.
moto51

Post by moto51 »

right, i'll trust the guy with 2 posts shall I? I think not. I've got it up and running now, had a large hit with spam which has now (hopefully) been fixed. I'm hosting the site with VentraIP, who recently merged with D&D Studios. Not paying much and it should be able to handle the load but i'll upgrade if I have to. Sorry Ken if i'm not allowed to link to it, remove the link or pm me and I will. It's a toyota hilux forum which can be found at hilux4x4.net

Return to “News & Administration”