Intermediate ACTION: Cameron Ave, Chan Street & new station

Moderator: Busnerd

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Sir Pompously
Favourite Vehicle: Renault PR100.3

Intermediate ACTION: Cameron Ave, Chan Street & new station

Post by Sir Pompously »

Photos of ACTION Vehicles traveling between Cameron Avenue and Lathlain Street in Belconnen, before the impeding changes on 15th November which see buses traveling down Cohen Street servicing two new bus stations.

Buses
More photos can be found in my ACTION set on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kommissar_ ... 372415839/

BUS-327 (Scania L94UB CNG) and BUS-374 (MAN 18.310 CNG) are seen crossing Benjamin Way from Cameron Ave to Chan Street

BUS-368 a Scania L94UB CNG is seen on Chan Street. This bus has the new Podvertising for ActewAGL ("Powering ahead with Natural Gas Naturally")

BUS-401 a MAN 18.320 is seen heading down Cameron Ave

New Bus Stations
More photos can be found in my Transport Infrastructure set on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kommissar_ ... 951995663/

Larger AdShel (MaxShel?) in place at Community Bus Station

An overview of Belconnen Community Centre Bus Station. The blue wall looks like unfinished panel work, but it is infact a decorative wall. Further up it turns Navy Blue and has coloured sketchings of insects

A View from the White Bridge to the Red Bridge showing the new roadway, which has replaced the carpark access road and busway. Crossing the red lane to turn into the Multi Storey is going to cause alot of grief
Heritage Officer
Retired ACT Transport Employees Club
ajw373

Re: Intermediate ACTION: Cameron Ave, Chan Street & new stat

Post by ajw373 »

Sir Pompously wrote:Image
A View from the White Bridge to the Red Bridge showing the new roadway, which has replaced the carpark access road and busway. Crossing the red lane to turn into the Multi Storey is going to cause alot of grief
I don't agree simply because when a bus is in the red lane traffic from Benjamin way will be held by the lights. Once the lights change to allow cars to turn into this road the bus should be out of the way, thus allowing for cars to cross into the trun lane into the carpark.
Bidgee
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B7R and MAN SL202

Post by Bidgee »

Sir Pompously wrote: Image
Urk at the blue wall! I'll bet it will have some colour in a few weeks time, unless it is some special type of layering or guards to stop graffiti!

I've heard about the issues with graffiti in Canberra, Wagga seems to have the same issue.
Sir Pompously
Favourite Vehicle: Renault PR100.3

Post by Sir Pompously »

There is no real issue of graffiti in Canberra, compared to other cities our graffitists are tame. The blue wall is just that, a blue wall. It has lines and designs engraved into it, I actually think it looks quite nice (It is a little bright though) and I could not see any sign that it was going to change from that blue colour. Alot better than plain concrete or everyone's favourite, pebble-crete. Further up the wall turns Navy, and has painted graphics of insects which is apparently lit up.
Heritage Officer
Retired ACT Transport Employees Club

Return to “Photos - Canberra/ACT”