Springfield and old City Depot shots

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
yoda

Springfield and old City Depot shots

Post by yoda »

Some shots of the old City depot and Springfield before renovations and move of Mornington and City depots
User xxx

Re: Springfield and old City Depot shots

Post by User xxx »

I asked this before about the post for launceston bus depot would the old city depot been used as parking for the trolleybuses and the trams the area looks big enough to turn trolleybuses around route660.
metro_tas
Favourite Vehicle: Anything volvo or leyland

Post by metro_tas »

any recollection of what happen to 104 neil thats some hefty work going on there?
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

ROUTE660 wrote:I asked this before about the post for launceston bus depot would the old city depot been used as parking for the trolleybuses and the trams the area looks big enough to turn trolleybuses around route660.
NO route660. This City Depot was all that was left after "refurbishment". Sections of the OLD City Depot (look at some of my posts) were demolished to make way for the Hotel Grand Chancellor(formerly Sheraton Hotel when built). This section you are looking at on this thread only housed buses. Pretty poor too, when you consider, MOST of this area photographed was undercover before refurbishment. Instead of looking like a "DEPOT" it merely looked like a large holding yard for buses. In saying this, it WAS very very early in it's existance used to house TRAMS (inc. double decker trams) way back in the early 1900s long long before the buses came along.
yoda

Post by yoda »

I could be wrong, but I think where the workshop was used to house some of the generators for the electric lines
em tea tea

Post by em tea tea »

do these pictures still exist can they be re sent as have all disappeared
MetroTasCatcher
Favourite Vehicle: Ford Crown Victoria P71

Post by MetroTasCatcher »

em tea tea wrote:do these pictures still exist can they be re sent as have all disappeared
If yoda uses the force, then he may be able to re-post them :mrgreen:
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ POLICE LINE - DO NOT CROSS ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
em tea tea

Post by em tea tea »

In that case may the force be with him .Would love to see them.
em tea tea

Post by em tea tea »

Seeing how Mr Bus Nut is giving us lots of Christmas presents in the form of missing pics of MTT buses I was wondering if Yoda may be able to do the same and re post these old city depot photos, not sure if topics in this archive section ever get looked at but no harm in trying. Thanks.

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”