The Last 2 High Floor rigids

Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
dave
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo volgren B12

The Last 2 High Floor rigids

Post by dave »

phpwIwdWXAM.jpg
phpgSJPZBAM.jpg
These are the Last 2 High Floor Rigids in the DBS Fleet to be sold at Auction soon. They have already been deleted from service and are parked up ready for sale. They are 15 years old now, but still are a great bus to drive. Bus 80 used to have AOA of the V8 supercars and was used when the V8's came to town and to take all the V8 drivers around town on promotions. However that is done by Bus 119 these days. Bus 79 was used by the Tech College for AOA and had 2 diffent AOA in it's time and I only have one to show you.
DarrenH

Re: The Last 2 High Floor rigids

Post by DarrenH »

I remeber seeing that AOA for the v8 Supercars on DBS #80 at Hidden Valley raceway once before. These MAN's are great buses and I am interested to see who will acquire these buses.
dave
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo volgren B12

Post by dave »

This is how it used to look ( Bus 79 ) with AOA Vocation Education and Training I think. or as we called it, get a job bus.This pic was taken just before it was returned to company livery and that is why it has faded.
phpwCsOOpAM.jpg
fearnes3848

Post by fearnes3848 »

Both of these MAN's have been sold at an auction on Thursday to Hawkesbury Valley Bus Service, Oakville.
Bidgee
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B7R and MAN SL202

Post by Bidgee »

I've been on both buses when living in Darwin and were a nice bus to be in.

Will be sad to see the Darwinbus livery removed off them but can't wait to see them in the HVSB livery (Same as the Busabout livery but just different name and colours used)
fearnes3848

Post by fearnes3848 »

Bidgee wrote:I've been on both buses when living in Darwin and were a nice bus to be in.

Will be sad to see the Darwinbus livery removed off them but can't wait to see them in the HVSB livery (Same as the Busabout livery but just different name and colours used)
Oh yeah cool, the Volgren body looks very nice, I think they also have 6 speed ZF Transmissions too so they should be pretty good units.

Yes one of the Hawkesbury Valley liveries is pretty much the same as Busabout's, instead the front and rear bumpers which where green are silver and the green stripe becomes blue instead.

There is also a possibility that they could be painted in the Kirpatricks type livery with the Yellow from the roof to just below the windows where a black band separates the yellow from the blue and they also have a grey skirt which runs right around the bus.
Bidgee

Post by Bidgee »

Was told today that two Busabout Wagga drivers picked up these two buses but not sure if they headed to Wagga or if it went to Sydney.

I would love to see a bus still in Darwinbus livery in the main street or at the depot! :lol:
fearnes3848

Post by fearnes3848 »

Bidgee wrote:Was told today that two Busabout Wagga drivers picked up these two buses but not sure if they headed to Wagga or if it went to Sydney.

I would love to see a bus still in Darwinbus livery in the main street or at the depot! :lol:
On Friday night we took ex Fearnes MK III O305'S MO6228 and MO6229 from Harden to Sydney and we spent all of Saturday at the Hawkesbury Valley depot and also at the Hoxton Park, I still cant believe I forgot to take my camera, I left on the table at the Wagga depot :cry: :cry: although I was able to borrow a camera when arrived at Hawkesbury Valley :D We had an absolutely fantastic day looking through old photos and driving buses around.

In the afternoon we took Custom Coaches bodied Volvo B10B m/o 492 for a drive to Windsor to pick up the driver from Wagga who bought one of the SL202's back from Darwin, the B10B was a beautiful bus to drive and to ride on.

On arrival, we took the opportunity to take a close look at the SL202, it was in beautiful condition inside and out, the whole bus was almost in new condition. We were all very impressed, we each took it for a bit of a drive through the yard and I found it had an excellent steering lock, no rattles, great acceleration and a very comfortable drivers position.

After much consideration as to fleet changes in the very near future, there is a very strong chance that the SL202's could end up in Wagga but they could also find themselves staying at Winsdor or even end up at West Hoxton.

6008MO (m/o 8585) PMC MK I Volvo B10M has now been transferred to the Wagga Wagga depot.
Bidgee

Post by Bidgee »

See, I told you they're a nice bus. ;)

Would be good to use on the town runs (Routes that don't have the low floors or replacements for when the low floors break down) as well as the school runs IMO.

You have to get a small digital camera as you can put it in your pocket or even cargo pocket (if you wear cargo pants) since you will never forget it unlike a DSLR.
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

Make sure you let us know if/when they are moved and repainted - they're a very rare bus for NSW/Sydney.
Job done.

Return to “Photos - Darwin/NT”