Pulitano Group expands

Brisbane / QLD Transport Discussion

Moderator: PRT 065

E.L.Wood
Favourite Vehicle: PMC Adelaide bodied Elwood

Pulitano Group expands

Post by E.L.Wood »

In a completely unexpected move the Pulitano group are expanding their Bus Queensland operations by acquiring both Kynoch Coaches and Sunbus Toowoomba on April 1st if all goes to plan. It has popped up on the ABC web site http://busnews.com.au/index.cfm?id=2&cp ... ory&type=h

Kynoch Coaches and Sunbus Toowoomba sold to Pulitano Group
Monday 16 March 2009

The Pulitano Group have expanded operations by purchasing Kynoch Coaches and Sunbus Toowoomba.

Kynoch Coaches express services will be re-branded to Coach Queensland and the route services of Sunbus Toowoomba and Kynoch Coaches will come under the banner of Bus Queensland Toowoomba.

The official handover is expected on April 1, 2009.

The Pulitano Group have also taken on former Translink Manager (Busways and Facilities Operations Management Group) Vernon Alcantra as the Group’s CEO.
yolo seems to be a bit of a trend!
davemail66
Favourite Vehicle: E2123

Re: Pulitano Group expands

Post by davemail66 »

Like Heritage City Sunbus, Ipswich another Transit Australia Pty Ltd controlled bus company (Garden City Sunbus, Toowoomba) gone to Bus Queensland Pty Ltd.
Proud to be a Sunshine Coaster...........
Sb617

Post by Sb617 »

and I guess its goodbye to the "hand-me-down" Sunbuses if thats the case. Probably the buses I'll miss from the Bus Queensland acquisition are the Ansair bodied MAN 11.220 (ex-5601-5607 from Sunshine Coast Sunbus and ex-STA).
Unless stated otherwise, comments that are posted above are those of my own only, and are not those of any company or organisation.
davemail66

Post by davemail66 »

Arnzy wrote:Probably the buses I'll miss from the Bus Queensland acquisition are the Ansair bodied MAN 11.220 (ex-5601-5607 from Sunshine Coast Sunbus and ex-STA).
I'll second that Arnzy, I hope 5701 and 5702 (Volvo B7RLE) are eventually return back to Sunshine Coast Sunbus also :) .
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

Better get up there soon, before all the buses are moved/gone!
mjja

Post by mjja »

Unexpected? They're cashed up from selling their Melbourne operations! What do you do with that sort of money except buy up a business and run it?
Happy Gunzelling and remember, "Go By Rail!"

Michael Angelico
Maladjusted

Post by Maladjusted »

Maybe there now is more money available up here than down south for Bus Services!
Who bleedin thanked me? I was just doin my job
Volvo B12BLEA
Favourite Vehicle: Rail and Ships / Boats.

Post by Volvo B12BLEA »

mjja wrote:Unexpected? They're cashed up from selling their Melbourne operations! What do you do with that sort of money except buy up a business and run it?
The fact that the Sunbus operations, including Toowoomba, were bought by Surfside recently and the Toowoomba part has now been sold to the Pulitano's is probably the unexpected part.
Any posts are my views or opinions and are NOT on behalf of any Organisation.
Sb617

Post by Sb617 »

Surfside renamed their parent's (Holding) company "Transit Australia" after the former's acquisition of Sunbus.

However I'm not really that suprised that Transit Australia decided to sell off it's Toowoomba operations, considering they were the only depot not to adopt fleet numbers. The only unexpected part, imo, is that a buyer is acquiring sooner rather than later.
Unless stated otherwise, comments that are posted above are those of my own only, and are not those of any company or organisation.
08 XDi

Post by 08 XDi »

Selling off Toowoomba should send their average fleet age rocketing downwards at least...
Elvis has left the building!
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

Got sent this info this morning :-

All of the fleet has now been sold to the Pulitano Group as of 1st April except 085HJJ which is being offered for sale elsewhere.
Sb617

Post by Sb617 »

Is that both the Kynoch and Garden City Sunbus fleets?

If so, goodbye to Bustechs ex-5701 and ex-5702. Which iirc, still had Cubic Readers installed at the time of last visit.
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

Arnzy wrote:Is that both the Kynoch and Garden City Sunbus fleets?

If so, goodbye to Bustechs ex-5701 and ex-5702. Which iirc, still had Cubic Readers installed at the time of last visit.
No that information only applies to Kynoch Coaches. No word on Sunbus yet.
davemail66

Post by davemail66 »

5 hours to go before bus operator names Garden City Sunbus and Kynoch Coaches are no more, a new urban bus company dawns for Toowoomba city and districts tomorrow (1st April 2009) ~ Hello "Toowoomba Transit" a new business unit of Bus Queensland.
BUZ-WAY
Favourite Vehicle: B12BLE & Prius (dream car)

Post by BUZ-WAY »

before I left sunbus toowoomba last year there was strong rumours about this happening. so not really suprised just it took longer to happen that bus qld brought out toowoomba buses. only suprise was kynoch being brought as well as most staff that had left sunbus ended up at kynoch..
Last edited by BUZ-WAY on Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as TiltTrain2005
T1248

Post by T1248 »

davemail66 wrote:5 hours to go before bus operator names Garden City Sunbus and Kynoch Coaches are no more, a new urban bus company dawns for Toowoomba city and districts tomorrow (1st April 2009) ~ Hello "Toowoomba Transit" a new business unit of Bus Queensland.
Not be confused with Toowoomba Transit Coaches. Useless people can't pick a slightly different name.
Mysteriously Disappeared
davemail66

Post by davemail66 »

Toowoomba qconnect commuter and long distance service contracts transferred to Toowoomba Transit

All Toowoomba, Highfields and Crows Nest qconnect commuter, school and long distance bus service contracts have been transferred to Toowoomba Transit following that company's takeover of Garden City Sunbus and Kynoch Coaches.

There are no changes to Toowoomba urban, school or long distance bus services operating out of the Garden City. All existing services will continue without changes to routes, timetables, fares or zones.

Sunbus and Kynoch branding will disappear over time with Bus Queensland joining familiar qconnect branding on buses.
Also go to Queensland Transport's - qconnect section for this info
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

I read somewhere, that BusQLD couldn't run under the name of Toowoomba Transit due to the fact of Toowoomba Transit Coaches, who is another operator in Toowoomba.
Noel

Post by Noel »

Hi

Both the former Kynoch Coaches and Sunbus Garden City depots have been rebranded into Bus Queensland Toowoomba. The Kynoch Coaches depot also is the home of “Coach Queensland”, the charter part of the business. There is no mention anywhere of the "Toowoomba Transit" name.

From my observations earlier today:
- The six MAN 10.155s from Park Ridge Transit (PRT001-PRT006) have been transferred to the Toowoomba operation. At least one Park Ridge Graduate was also in the yard.
- Two new BCI Classmasters were in the yard too – are these the two reported to be at Westside Bus Co but since moved on?
- The two Volvo B12BLE/VSTs were still there but I did not see either of the two Volvo B7RLE/Bustechs in the yard.
- The Kynoch Coaches Bustech MDi has had all the Kynoch naming removed and is now basically all yellow.

Cheers.
davemail66

Post by davemail66 »

A link to those Toowoomba bus services (Kynoch & Sunbus) have finally been added to the Bus Queensland website:- http://www.busqld.com.au/
PRT 065
Favourite Vehicle: Guess ?

Post by PRT 065 »

wow the first update to the site in so long
Regards,
PRT 065

If you have any issues with the Queensland section, please send me a private message.

Return to “Discussion - Brisbane / QLD”