Rutty's ex Sydney Leopards

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
DENAIR
Favourite Vehicle: DENNING DENAIR

Rutty's ex Sydney Leopards

Post by DENAIR »

ALBION1881

Re: Rutty's ex Sydney Leopards

Post by ALBION1881 »

Here you go mate couple of more pictures of Ruttys ex Ptc Mk 1 Leyland leopard to keep the other company from the Leon Batman collection and you will find in the two pictures one is a ex Newcastle Mk1 I hope you don`t mind.
mrobsessed
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Reliance

Post by mrobsessed »

I need the ambulance.

It's amazing, I can remember things from 20 years ago, but I can't remember to take my lunch to work.

The middle one in Leon Batman's pic became 6194 - the one in DenAir's 2nd pic.

It's a bit co-incidental that 6408 - The Leopard was the first to wear that plate - has just been posted as one of the last 0 305s in service. 8 was about the 7th last Leopard to go on the road. After that came 9 (1727 - Merc windows), 6411, 6412, 6414 & 6125. The only plate to adorn 2 Leopards was 25 - one of the three in Leon Batman's line up and a Mark II. the 4th one down - parked at the fuel bay - became 6133. It was the 7th Leopard on the road and had the heaviest steering. 97 was 3682. It was the only one with the govt 60km/h diff. 6168 is behind it in the pic - an AEC Regal IV/Comeng with an interesting reason for being. 6126 was a reasonably late starter, that plate having come from an Adelaide Worldmaster. Nice pic of Dave on the platform!

Thanks DenAir for bringing a misspent adolescence back to life!
Doc68
Favourite Vehicle: Technics sl1200

Post by Doc68 »

I think you'll recall 6197 had the heaviest steering as I could drive all the others one handed !!!! And when she sarted to get heavier the mechanics found the steering box was full of grease not oil & was starting to thicken they cleaned the box out & filled it with oil and was starting to come good when I left.
'GM 2strokes, still the most efficient engine ever developed for converting fuel into noise'.
Food has replaced sex in my life now I can't even get into my own pants
red baron
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200/AEC Regal MkVI

Post by red baron »

Very nice photo's Denair :D .
Thanks for sharing.
it's a load of hog wog wash
mrobsessed
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Reliance

Post by mrobsessed »

Doc68 wrote:I think you'll recall 6197 had the heaviest steering as I could drive all the others one handed !!!! And when she sarted to get heavier the mechanics found the steering box was full of grease not oil & was starting to thicken they cleaned the box out & filled it with oil and was starting to come good when I left.

You'd certainly know about 97, Doc68. The two cushions on the driver's seat must have made a difference! :wink:
Doc68
Favourite Vehicle: Technics sl1200

Post by Doc68 »

mrobsessed wrote:You'd certainly know about 97, Doc68. The two cushions on the driver's seat must have made a difference! :wink:
Hmmm Now I know why you looked up at (not to) me :roll:
'GM 2strokes, still the most efficient engine ever developed for converting fuel into noise'.
Food has replaced sex in my life now I can't even get into my own pants

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”