Premier Irizar 4611 in Queensland

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Noel

Premier Irizar 4611 in Queensland

Post by Noel »

Hi

TV 4611, one of Premiers Scania K380IB Irizar Centurys did the 11am service into Brisbane today. Here are some shots of it at Southport heading back to Sydney :) .

The PMS livery looks brilliant IMO.

:)
C130

Re: Premier Irizar 4611 in Queensland

Post by C130 »

You'd think that such a modern vehicle like the Irizars would have reversing cameras. By the way, Nice Photos :D
KenworthT404
Favourite Vehicle: Kenworth

Post by KenworthT404 »

Real drivers don't need reversing cameras :roll:
Straight Talk with Poppy Savakis
Saturday 7am - Midday and Sunday 6am - Midday
Listen live on 567 2BH!
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

KenworthT404 wrote:Real drivers don't need reversing cameras :roll:
Four eyes, are better than two!
Stan

Post by Stan »

Are these vehicles supposed to have vertical exhaust stacks to be registered in NSW??

Also, rumour has it that in the Sydney tunnel, they have noise sensors that issue automatic defects if it's too loud- is this true?

Daz
KenworthT404
Favourite Vehicle: Kenworth

Post by KenworthT404 »

Not anymore. If it is Euro 4 or 5 engined then it doesnt require vertical exhaust
Straight Talk with Poppy Savakis
Saturday 7am - Midday and Sunday 6am - Midday
Listen live on 567 2BH!
coach man

Post by coach man »

C130 wrote:You'd think that such a modern vehicle like the Irizars would have reversing cameras. By the way, Nice Photos :D
The reversing cameras are an option, and Premier Motor Service's coaches are usually basic coaches with not many options and extras on them. :wink:
C130

Post by C130 »

Ahh, okay, its just that seen as the Ventura, Dysons and greyhound ones also dont seem to have the cameras, hence me thinking they wernt an option.
littlescotty1987
Favourite Vehicle: anything with a crashbox

Post by littlescotty1987 »

C130 wrote:Ahh, okay, its just that seen as the Ventura, Dysons and greyhound ones also dont seem to have the cameras, hence me thinking they wernt an option.

yes the greyhounds do have them. some might notice that 510 has a nice big smash on the rear tail lights. rev cams are nothing but a problem because if u start using it all the time u will find yourself relying just on that and reversing into something. if your unsure, get out. thats how i was taught to drive and its still what i do.

im 21 and can back a coach with out a rev cam. none of out 50footers have the rev cams and we can rev them not a problem.

i think its breading lazy drivers, same as these "auto shifts" if u cant drive and give the pax's a smooth ride in a crash box, get out of the seat and drive a truck!!!!!
Dont argue with an IDIOT; people watching may not be able to tell the difference
Set Down Only
Favourite Vehicle: Surfside 332

Post by Set Down Only »

Hornibrook wrote:
Four eyes, are better than two!
the camera wold only cont as one...
great pics
Express - Set Down Only.
Joined the 1000 club 8/7/11
Bus models - stevesmodelbuses@yahoo.com

'I Did Double Decker Day 1'
littlescotty1987

would like to know where everything is as there is ALOT missing on my page from this forum.
Dont argue with an IDIOT; people watching may not be able to tell the difference
Bussy ex

Post by Bussy ex »

Iriazr, does it come with a crash box?
Volvo B12BLEA
Favourite Vehicle: Rail and Ships / Boats.

Post by Volvo B12BLEA »

All the slander / abuse was deleted by Admin at my request. It did not add to any meaningful discussion about the Irizar Coaches.
Any posts are my views or opinions and are NOT on behalf of any Organisation.
littlescotty1987

Volvo B12BLEA wrote:All the slander / abuse was deleted by Admin at my request. It did not add to any meaningful discussion about the Irizar Coaches.

well i posted after the "meaningless" discussion about the irizar and my thoughts. i would like the "admin" to look closely at what they are deleting and re-instate what WAS about the irizar. i do agree we did get a little off topic, but came back in the end.

ADMIN, look before deleting things. (dont wanna have a dig but it was back on track at the end, and we all made up with KISSES AND HUGS) LOL
Bussy ex

Post by Bussy ex »

Well vovlo looks like you stopped the conversation full stop. I don't think too many are interested in the irizah, or whatever it is called. That is probably why the topic went off track.
LOL
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

Far out people, does this topic need to be locked? :roll: LET IT DIE. Posts have been deleted which were useless and was just an slandering match between 2 or 3 members. Please stop posting and move on.....
panther998
Favourite Vehicle: Aberdeen Corp 274, AEC Regent

Post by panther998 »

Volvo B12BLEA wrote:All the slander / abuse was deleted by Admin at my request. It did not add to any meaningful discussion about the Irizar Coaches.
I for one fully applaud admin's deletion of a (somewhat boring) discussion (re gearboxes / gear changing) that was clearly immaterial to this particular thread. Arguably, some points raised possibly had some value in this forum - but they were undoubtedly diminished / eroded by (pointless and unsubstantiated, imho) attacks on the credibility / competence of certain members. To me, the VERY obvious solution most likely to have complied with ATDB guidelines / rules (which we ALL signed up to obey !!!) was to raise the gearboxes / gear changing issue in another thread in the General Discussion area, with an appropriate link back to this thread - and OBVIOUSLY (???????) to avoid breaking Board rules (which, I repeat, we ALL signed up to obey !) by refraining from 'slanging off' at other members' opinions in any sort of 'negative' way.

Having got that off my chest -
My (on-topic) question is --

Are these Irizar bodies actually imported to Oz from the parent company / plant in Spain, or do they emanate from a subsidiary / affiliate coach-builder elsewhere (eg, China, South Africa) ??
Bussy ex

Post by Bussy ex »

Have a look at these Irizas. Are all the mirrors stuck up high? The mirrors would be as useful as the mirrors on the old Bovas. Look up to see down next to you. Great idea. What is wrong with having them low so you can look down into them. Much safer that taking eyes off the road completely. The mirrors would stilll be high enough not to whack the unsuspecting pedestrian in the head.
Volvo B12BLEA
Favourite Vehicle: Rail and Ships / Boats.

Post by Volvo B12BLEA »

If i recall correctly.......they are Brazillian made.
Any posts are my views or opinions and are NOT on behalf of any Organisation.
Deano
Administrator

Post by Deano »

Agreed! Tried using a Reversing camera the other week and it was useless!
littlescotty1987

panther998 wrote:
I for one fully applaud admin's deletion of a (somewhat boring) discussion (re gearboxes / gear changing) that was clearly immaterial to this particular thread. Arguably, some points raised possibly had some value in this forum - but they were undoubtedly diminished / eroded by (pointless and unsubstantiated, imho) attacks on the credibility / competence of certain members. To me, the VERY obvious solution most likely to have complied with ATDB guidelines / rules (which we ALL signed up to obey !!!) was to raise the gearboxes / gear changing issue in another thread in the General Discussion area, with an appropriate link back to this thread - and OBVIOUSLY (???????) to avoid breaking Board rules (which, I repeat, we ALL signed up to obey !) by refraining from 'slanging off' at other members' opinions in any sort of 'negative' way.

Having got that off my chest -
My (on-topic) question is --

Are these Irizar bodies actually imported to Oz from the parent company / plant in Spain, or do they emanate from a subsidiary / affiliate coach-builder elsewhere (eg, China, South Africa) ??

yes somethings needed to be deleted, but most was relevent. these are made with "lazy" drivers in mind and not those who know how to drive and enjoy driving a crashbox, hence the "arguing" of gearboxes. i did place a link about gearboxes in here and it is slowly getting some response, but seeing that some people where proved wrong on this thread, they havent had a second bite of the cherry.

looks like i need to state a few things AGAIN on here about the IRIZARS cause they seem to have been deleted.
** mirrors poorly placed!! also leading to OH&S issue with the blind not covering the WHOLE width of the window to block the sun to accomidate the poorly placed mirrors.

** the "bar" or drivers fridge, locacted in the dash at the door. when and how is the driver ment to get his/her (cant be sexist) drink? im sure if he/she pulls up the PAX'S will ask why.

** having mentioned drinks, once he/she gets it, where to put it is the next question asked.

** going down a steep hill using "exhaust" brake u have to "ride" the brake pedal to activate it.

**tour mic in dash at the end of the asile, ive seen the foam from around the top taken already and these are fairly new.

** DRIVERS COMFORT!!! for some reason the driver has to be last thought of because it has to be the smallest space given, u get more room in the toilet!!

**should i mention where the DVD player is although it doesnt matter cause most drivers dont play them but its in the dash under the rev cam behind a pannel on the floor. (would wanna hope the driver remembers their DVD)

**switches poorly placed

!!good points!!

** large drivers window

** driver has seperate climate control (about bloody time)

**funny thats all i can think of for good points wow the bad really out weighs the good hey??????? or is it just me?
Coca Cola

Post by Coca Cola »

I agree with the "quality" issues that these vehicles face. What is with the bull-bar, it doesn't look integrated to the vehicle AT ALL, can anyone explain why they don't integrate it?
busi

Post by busi »

C130 wrote:Ahh, okay, its just that seen as the Ventura, Dysons and greyhound ones also dont seem to have the cameras, hence me thinking they wernt an option.
Last edited by busi on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AL

Post by AL »

Completely disagree. Camera's are an absolute god-send. You only use them to check no car has slipped behind you, and just before you "think" you may run into something, particularly tight reverse parallel parking with cars which are too narrow to appear in your mirror. You still reverse completely with mirrors, but the camera removes that 20% guesswork.

It's a tiny investment that pays itself off instantly and you'd be mad not to fit one. Maybe not in route work because technically you shouldn't really ever need to reverse.

Oh and don't discount the top wing mirrors until you have spent a significant amount of time driving with them. First time is weird but I can guarantee they are far superior to low mirrors. Only problem is when the sun is shining and you close your blind, you may lose sight of your mirrors.

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”