Went for a ride on the ECRL Part 1

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Ben_Daui
Favourite Vehicle: 14.5 Scania

Went for a ride on the ECRL Part 1

Post by Ben_Daui »

Well as today is the 1st day of operation I thought why not use the lunch hour to try the service out, I went to Chatswood and back.
Last edited by Ben_Daui on Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Volvo Super Olympian
Favourite Vehicle: Double deckers

Re: Went for a ride on the ECRL Part 1

Post by Volvo Super Olympian »

Did you have to queue up at the ticket window to request for such ticket, or is there somewhere at either stations to hand them out for grabs?
hubert

Post by hubert »

According to CityRail's website, you need to go to the ticket window to receive a complimentary ticket. This will be in force until 8/6.
Mark V
Favourite Vehicle: Veolia 133

Post by Mark V »

Is it only going to be Oscar's running on this new line or will we see other types of suburbans on the line eventually.

Great pic's Ben :wink:

Cheers Adam
superbossgc

Post by superbossgc »

very good pictures, cause to get rid off numbers of car who going to mac. university.

the buses will getting less passenger around :D.
Austral Volvo B10M mk3 Artic (375-380) 1991-2012
eddie2190
Favourite Vehicle: Veolia 411
Location: Veolia Bankstown, Menai, Taren Point, STA Burwood, Kingsgrove, Leichhardt, Ryde

Post by eddie2190 »

Is there still the problem of the tin cans not being able to climb the incline(s)??
DO YOU ACTUALLY HAVE A JOB OR GO TO SCHOOL or do you just stand around all day?
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

Mark V wrote:Is it only going to be Oscar's running on this new line or will we see other types of suburbans on the line eventually.
Eventually - once the through services from Hornsby start later this year. Plenty of speculation to what will run it but they have been testing K sets on the line quite recently ;)

Oh and for Ben Daui, nice photos :P
hubert

Post by hubert »

OSCs are being used for good impression and hopefully, provide a good level of service.

There will be a number of OSCs operating the new Northern line when the ECRL is added to it.
Ben_Daui

Post by Ben_Daui »

BroadGauge wrote: Oh and for Ben Daui, nice photos :P
Took a Powershot G7 with me today thanks for the compliment BroadGauge :P
mackinenator
Favourite Vehicle: CB60's & VST's

Post by mackinenator »

Great Pics Ben_Daui :D

Have they included the light rail line on the new network map :?:

:shock:
Wandering, Always wandering...
The opinions expressed by the user should not be taken seriously. Except that NSW Public Transport is a mess!
ALBION1881

Post by ALBION1881 »

Is the new rail line worth going for a ride on knowing mainly the line is in some places underground and what is the fare to go on this line when I am in sydney sometime I`d like to go for a run on it.
Ken
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Post by Ken »

mackinenator wrote:Have they included the light rail line on the new network map :?:
I noticed that on the map as well. The light rail was on Cityrail's network map a few years ago, then it disappeared, and now it is back again. Nothing like consistency.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Ken wrote: Nothing like consistency.
Perfect description for NSW transport policies past and present.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Mr Bean

Post by Mr Bean »

Check out the cupcake we got at Macquarie University station!

All the dignitaries must have been given one at the official ceremony, and there were about 20 left over. The cleaner took it upon himself to hand the remaining ones out to passengers just as we happened to be breezing past. Almost too special to eat.
Is it the truth, or did you hear it from the truth engineer?

http://www.forsyth.id.au/gallery/bus
TP 3000
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310

Post by TP 3000 »

I love the best before date on the cupcake. That must be why they opened the line without all work being done. But what a pity they didn't wait, we could of had all those Government twats with food poisoning.
Payback is a bitch, but is fun to watch.
RickyT
Favourite Vehicle: Scania K280UB

Post by RickyT »

TP3000 wrote:I love the best before date on the cupcake. That must be why they opened the line without all work being done. But what a pity they didn't wait, we could of had all those Government twats with food poisoning.
Do remember 'Best Before' is different to 'Use By'. 'Best before' means the product would still be edible after that date but it is not optimal, however, 'Use By' means the product must be consumed before this date. :wink:
ALBION1881 wrote:Is the new rail line worth going for a ride on knowing mainly the line is in some places underground and what is the fare to go on this line when I am in sydney sometime I`d like to go for a run on it.
In my opinion, I don't think it is worth it unless you want to try the OSCARs as most (99.5%) of the line is underground and there is absolutely nothing to see (except the cabling and escape route which runs along the tunnels :lol: )
TP 3000
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310

Post by TP 3000 »

I knew that, just like I'll east most things past the best before date. But you never know what was in those cupcakes & I was just wishing.
Payback is a bitch, but is fun to watch.
Ben_Daui

Post by Ben_Daui »

The rules of ticketing has changed on the line, ticket gates are in operation & it still has a fare free period but people utilising the line will be given a magnetic ticket.
On Air
Favourite Vehicle: cyclops pedal tipper c1966

Post by On Air »

I wonder how ticket collectors manage these days with the current generation of thermal paper tickets? I've kept a few here and there only to find that with the passage of time the print fades to almost zero. Bus tickets are the worst. I had the occasion to use a Harris Park service only days before they ceased trading and have since found that both tickets I acquired have almost faded to blank pieces of paper.

I've thought of sealing the tickets in laminate, but then it detracts from the authenticity and seems hardly worth the expense.
On 16 March 1870, bushranger Harry Power and Ned Kelly stuck up and robbed Mr M'Bean! Out of time, Bean?
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

I've got a North and Western ticket from one of those quaint staples of Sydney private buses of yesteryear,the Almex mechanical ticket dispenser dated 7th December 1994 for a $1.85 fare.It has Metro West Bus Lines Pty Ltd printed on it which made it a collectors item from the day the driver pushed down that white lever and made the click clack sound and gave me the ticket!
Those thermal tickets are truly disposeable things like alot of what is made today.I think the best way is to photocopy those and dispose of the originals.You still get to see what they looked like at least. :idea:
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Tim
Favourite Vehicle: anything with a scania engine

Post by Tim »

Mr Bean wrote:Check out the cupcake we got at Macquarie University station!

All the dignitaries must have been given one at the official ceremony, and there were about 20 left over. The cleaner took it upon himself to hand the remaining ones out to passengers just as we happened to be breezing past. Almost too special to eat.
HaHa still have those in the freazer :lol:
famous quotes from not so famous people
We have upset the God of desto's....Destonia!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/aussiebuses/

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”