Tasmania's Own REDLINE - New/Old

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Tas Bus Nut
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O303

Tasmania's Own REDLINE - New/Old

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Another instalment of Tasmanian Redline Coaches. Includes some interesting liveries.
TRC 2.jpg
TRC 56.jpg
TRC 67.jpg
TRC 31.jpg
TRC 78.jpg
TRC 100.jpg
TRC 106.jpg
Ikarbus

Re: Tasmania's Own REDLINE - New/Old

Post by Ikarbus »

Looks like they loved their mercs - good stuff!
skystar320
Favourite Vehicle: PMC160 + Orana Body

Post by skystar320 »

TRC were never one for uniformality.......

Not sure what they are like now
Welcome Aboard
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

skystar320 wrote:TRC were never one for uniformality.......

Not sure what they are like now
I don't know Greg. When I was there they brought nothing BUT Mercedes OR Dennings. Most new purchases a few years back have been Motorcoach, however in recent years they have been all over the shop.
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

Just been talking to a driver yesterday. Apparently BCIs are HIGH on their list for purchases NOW!! #38 brand new BCI with 330hp CAT on tour in Hobart yesterday. Took pictures but haven't been able to download off my phone yet. #38 is a 49 seater with WC, to be used on MAIN RD services(so I was informed) Also in Launceston is another BCI with 57 seats. Looks pretty good, they do. 8) 8)
stevegj52
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo Bus & Coaches

Post by stevegj52 »

I understand why operators purchase these which is the cost as against a Australian built coach.Yes they do look good and the drive train etc looks ok as well but how will they look and run after a few years and how will the body work take to Australian conditions.Time will tell.The old saying "you get what you pay for"Yes I am a little sceptical about BCI and other Asian imports,but we will see how the go and I may be proved wrong.

Steve
Volvo B8R,green efficiency built in
Tas Bus Nut

Post by Tas Bus Nut »

stevegj52 wrote:I understand why operators purchase these which is the cost as against a Australian built coach.Yes they do look good and the drive train etc looks ok as well but how will they look and run after a few years and how will the body work take to Australian conditions.Time will tell.The old saying "you get what you pay for"Yes I am a little sceptical about BCI and other Asian imports,but we will see how the go and I may be proved wrong.

Steve
It will certainly be a good test to see how they do on the MAIN RD route. Wonder how long they last doing the Ks the Dennings/Motorcoach vehicles have done. Seems strange that they are putting a 49 seater on, rather than the 61 seaters currently operating the services. Apparently cost is $300k compared to $700k for Aussie built coach. How good are the 330hp CATs ?? :roll:
stevegj52

Post by stevegj52 »

I always relate Cat engines to bulldozers lol but I cant see why they shouldnt be ok, as several brands of prime movers use them and the Emu Bay Rly used 750hp cats in their 1100 class on the west coast line to Melba Flats for years .Dose the 49 seat version have the Alison Auto?Will check out the BCI web site
But line haul work between Lton- Hobart will test them.But why 49 seaters?
Wonder what old Frank would think,dont think he would have bought them?
stevegj52

Post by stevegj52 »

Neil, Have a look at BCI site, www.bcibus.com.au

Steve
Dazza'zBusOneLiners
Favourite Vehicle: Austral Tourmaster Mk V

Post by Dazza'zBusOneLiners »

stevegj52 wrote:Neil, Have a look at BCI site, http://www.bcibus.com.au
Yuck, Spew, Gurgle, Fart, Poo my Pants, Burp, Sneeze, Fart, Spew... Sorry, I've got an allergic reaction to BCI's- Please don't hyperlink their website again Steve...

Nonetheless, upon careful reconsideration and reminiscence of historical photographs of mine (which, no, I will not post right now :lol: ), it seems to me that it was either their Denning Landseer or Austral Tourmaster ( :shock: something just clicked...) that was the very first coach I ever travelled on. That was simply a school swimming shuttle from Brighton Primary to the Lenah Valley Pool for swimming lessons, way back in 1996 when I was in Grade 2...

It's very different to how it works nowadays as compared to back then, we had to be so dry and clean that they made us take two towels and have a shower after the swim. Today they just rapidly collate them from the depths of the pool then with a towel loosely wrapped around their dripping clothes sit them straight on our precious seats only to have them dry/change back at school. It's always entertaining coming up with excuses on why the seat feel wet. I generally say that they're probably just cold from the airconditioner blowing straight on them.

Photography award presented by,
Daz
"Over a guide post, across a ditch, though a paddock, busted a fence, shot at by security, tore off ac with a bridge, hit 7 RTA inspectii, but because I didn't fuel it on return I'm sacked?"
skystar320
Favourite Vehicle: PMC160 + Orana Body

Post by skystar320 »

YUCK!

Welcome Aboard
stevegj52

Post by stevegj52 »

I agree guys, they are not my favourite but unfortunately the aussie opreators seem to by taking intrest in the Asian invasion and all cost driven, deffinatly not for quality and reliabilty but i could be proved wrong!

Steve
TourmasterMaster
Favourite Vehicle: I wonder : )

Post by TourmasterMaster »

Those BCI Classmasters / Promos look like crap. Sort of like a rosa on steroids. No luggage space, chinese Aircon, and fuggin ugly, I think Ill give it a wide berth
Well I'll be forked said the pommy arsehole, All Bus *** ** * take note: Buses have aids
Dazza'zBusOneLiners
Favourite Vehicle: Austral Tourmaster Mk V

Post by Dazza'zBusOneLiners »

There is one of the promas with the insect style mirrors running around collingwood park on lawrie dr every school morning, presumably on an IGS/IGGS school run. I'd have to guess stonestreets, westside or logan coaches...

Daz
"Over a guide post, across a ditch, though a paddock, busted a fence, shot at by security, tore off ac with a bridge, hit 7 RTA inspectii, but because I didn't fuel it on return I'm sacked?"
Car177

Post by Car177 »

I believe at least one of their 3 axle Motorcoaches has been sold can you advise where to and what the replacement is<
rjk-619

Post by rjk-619 »

Dazza'zBusOneLiners wrote:There is one of the promas with the insect style mirrors running around collingwood park on lawrie dr every school morning, presumably on an IGS/IGGS school run. I'd have to guess stonestreets, westside or logan coaches...

Daz
Yes that would be a stonestreets bus that runs a run through that area
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

Dazza'zBusOneLiners wrote:There is one of the promas with the insect style mirrors running around collingwood park on lawrie dr every school morning, presumably on an IGS/IGGS school run. I'd have to guess stonestreets, westside or logan coaches...

Daz
Westside have two. I don't think Stonestreet's has any BCI's - well not at the Springfield depot anyway.

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”