Fuji's in Australia # 2

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
DENAIR
Favourite Vehicle: DENNING DENAIR

Fuji's in Australia # 2

Post by DENAIR »

SURFSIDE BUS LINES
BUSWAYS
ROWES
THE MET MELBOURNE
THE MET MELBOURNE
THE MET MELBOURNE

cheers comments welcome denair 8)
Andrew
Administrator

Re: Fuji's in Australia # 2

Post by Andrew »

Ahh the memories of riding the Fuji's to school (124 from Busways was a regular). Sitting up the back on the offside with the window open sucking in all the diesel fumes from the odd vertical exhaust retrofit....
Job done.
Dazza'zBusOneLiners
Favourite Vehicle: Austral Tourmaster Mk V

Post by Dazza'zBusOneLiners »

Nice shots mate, BBL as well as Veolia off the top of my head still run a few... they were down at SummerFieldDayze on the Gold Coast in January running shuttles. Starting to get a bit long in the tooth now though, and I've heard they are somewhat prone to cancer...
Last edited by Dazza'zBusOneLiners on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Over a guide post, across a ditch, though a paddock, busted a fence, shot at by security, tore off ac with a bridge, hit 7 RTA inspectii, but because I didn't fuel it on return I'm sacked?"
Mercedes
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Post by Mercedes »

What a pity The Met units were sold off I could possibly be able to drive them now :cry:
Proud 0305G x2 and 0405 x1 owner
Bradley
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10M Mk4, Volgren Artic.

Post by Bradley »

Again Excellent photo DENAIR.

The old The Met green livery used to belong to Doncaster Depot (now National/Ventura).

I remember use to do travelling along Eastern Fwy bus way back in the mid/late 80's into early 90's. That was a great bus when travelling top speed around 90/95km/h.

Old The Met Bus #07 now below to Portsea Bus #33, #08 now belong to Davis Buslines #119 in Ballarat & #03 now Grendas #126.

Cheers

Bradley.
DarrenH

Post by DarrenH »

That's the first time I have seen photos of the Busways Fuji artics before! It would of been good if one of these artics was painted with the orange Busways stripes as it would of looked rather interesting I think.
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

Busways had several of these - around 15 i think.

The livery was a repaint of the scheme that they were delivered in from Japan (which you can also see an adaptation of on the Surfside ones in the other thread).

INtersting, looks like the Melbourne MET were refitted with fuel filler points in the trailer.
Job done.
railbusmarshall

Post by railbusmarshall »

I remember the busways bendys. I used to catvh them from Mt Druitt. Does anybody know if they are rear steer like the current CDC units.
This bus is now due to depart. Stand clear doors closing.
railbusmarshall

Post by railbusmarshall »

Here is a link to a thread i started un June 08 about these buses.

http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... =3&t=32285
This bus is now due to depart. Stand clear doors closing.
davemail66
Favourite Vehicle: E2123

Post by davemail66 »

Some great photo sets there DENAIR showing Fuji artics around Australia, the only time I get to see one of them operating these days is on QR rail replacements (during weekend track work) courtesy of Brisbane Bus Lines. Brisbane Transport once used these Fuji artics (painted in a special livery) on the old 'CityLimited' bus route 172 from Chermside - Brisbane City - Enoggera Interchange back in the late 80's, you wouldn't happen to have any photos of them? BTW, I wonder if we'll ever see artics buses at Surfside Buslines again?
Last edited by davemail66 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud to be a Sunshine Coaster...........
DENAIR
Favourite Vehicle: DENNING DENAIR

Post by DENAIR »

the coverage is ongoing
cheers denair 8)
funbus
Favourite Vehicle: man sl200 mkI

Post by funbus »

Thats great shots for all of us who had no idea of the historical value in that iconic green duco if one would call it that, and the old red gov't plates!!thanks again!
"Its only a bus if it smells like diesel!" Electric buses might aswell be trams!!**
dude

Post by dude »

davemail66 wrote:Some great photo sets there DENAIR showing Fuji artics around Australia, the only time I get to see one of them operating these days is on QR rail replacements (during weekend track work) courtesy of Brisbane Bus Lines. Brisbane Transport once used these Fuji artics (painted in a special livery) on the old 'CityLimited' bus route 172 from Chermside - Brisbane City - Enoggera Interchange back in the late 80's, you wouldn't happen to have any photos of them? BTW, I wonder if we'll ever see artics buses at Surfside Buslines again?
They weren't in a special livery for Citylimited at all. They were in the same green Tsukuba Expo '85 livery, with the Citylimited decals applied during the period of service.

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”