Rouse Hill Interchange & Riverstone Station

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
venturatiger

Rouse Hill Interchange & Riverstone Station

Post by venturatiger »

Hi there, here are some shots taken at Rouse Hill Interchange in the space of half an hour.Good place to take photos during the day seems to be more buses than passengers.Then it was onto Riverstone Station for the last 2 shots
Hope you enjoy
Regards Venturatiger

Hillsbus m/o 9572 a Scania K94UB Volgren "CR228L"
http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... pos=-10946

Busways [654] a Renault PR100-3 Custom Coaches "CB50" [Dare i say it but i think ads suit Busways livery]
http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... pos=-10947

Hillsbus m/o 9516 a Scania K310UB 14.5 Volgren "CR228L"
http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... pos=-10948

Hillsbus m/o 9350 a Scania K94UB Volgren "CR228L"
http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... pos=-10964

Hillsbus m/o 9320 a Scania L94UB 14.5 Volgren "CR228L"
http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... pos=-10970

Busways [308] Mercedes Benz 0405 Custom Coach
http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... pos=-10971

Onto Riverstone Station for Busways [846] a Scania K230UB Custom Coach "CB60"
http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... pos=-10972

The main reason for going to Riverstone Station was to get this Hawkesbury Valley m/o 9473 a Volvo B12BLE Euro V Bustech "VST"
http://www.busaustralia.com/gallery/dis ... pos=-10975
Irisbus Rider
Favourite Vehicle: CC Mercedes Benz 0405

Re: Rouse Hill Interchange & Riverstone Station

Post by Irisbus Rider »

Fantastic shots there, and great to see you made the trip out to Rivo :lol:
Nice place.

Keep these photos coming! :D
go-bus: The Metro Advantage
eddie2190
Favourite Vehicle: Veolia 411
Location: Veolia Bankstown, Menai, Taren Point, STA Burwood, Kingsgrove, Leichhardt, Ryde

Post by eddie2190 »

PWAHAHAHA!! NICE AD ON THE RENAULT!!
Oh... and GREAT SHOTS mate - very vivid :).
DO YOU ACTUALLY HAVE A JOB OR GO TO SCHOOL or do you just stand around all day?
RailwayBus
Favourite Vehicle: Train or tram.

Post by RailwayBus »

Great photos.
I also recently visited both Rouse Hill and Riverstone within the last month. Riverstone is such a nice town just out of town.

Regards
RailwayBus
All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
Simes
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Post by Simes »

eddie2190 wrote:PWAHAHAHA!! NICE AD ON THE RENAULT!!
very applicable to another operator that likes white on white on white :twisted:
http://19302413.blogspot.com/

3092, last bus on George Street - 23rd October 2015 7:50pm
Alex on the Bus
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113CRB/Ansair Commuter

Post by Alex on the Bus »

Simes wrote:
eddie2190 wrote:PWAHAHAHA!! NICE AD ON THE RENAULT!!
very applicable to another operator that likes white on white on white :twisted:
Don't tell me, the hint is "so Frenchy, so sh*t"...
Oh, what a perfect world this world would be,
If he was President now - but he's not.
eddie2190
Favourite Vehicle: Veolia 411
Location: Veolia Bankstown, Menai, Taren Point, STA Burwood, Kingsgrove, Leichhardt, Ryde

Post by eddie2190 »

Don't tell me, the hint is "so Frenchy, so sh*t"...
So French "OWNED" you mean....
DO YOU ACTUALLY HAVE A JOB OR GO TO SCHOOL or do you just stand around all day?
spragash

Post by spragash »

I catch the 610, 617 and T65 on a regular basis (everyday for weekday and every 2nd weekend). Rouse hill interchange is the start of the journey however the buses usually get quite full once halfway to their destination. It would be prudent to suggest that these buses are empty.
There isnt always people going the full distance either. They constantly get on and off the buses. They may get on at Milford but get off at Samantha Riley.
The fact is yes, it is slowly destroying our street however to say they are 'empty' and have not many people' as a justification to rid the service is an understatement. On peak time (currently they are coming every 30 mins per service on 15 minute intervals) they can not let any more people on by the time they get to Samantha Riley T Way if the bus starts at Rouse Hill. These are services to and from the city. Blacktown services are currently coming every hour.

If you want some more accuracy. Instead of taking snaps at the start and end of every service. How about sitting on the actual buses and surveying them accurately not just count as they go past. The fact is the hills is a Transport disaster and we NEED more public transport options. How about accurately keeping count on where people get on and off? AND doing this at different times? Peak and off peak? you would be surprised the amount of people that acutally use them.

I dont mind backing our community but we have to make sure it is accurate and justified not 'because its a nuisance'. Also another factor is buses are not sticking on their lanes (on Milford Drive) and prove that there is danger within the streets. People have to learn to park on their driveways and garages (what the hell are they their for if people are not using them?)

Hope this provides a more accurate light not just people going 'buses are empty we dont need anymore'.

Kind Regards,
Sanj
venturatiger

Post by venturatiger »

Hi there ,not knocking the level of service was just a casual observation of patronage during the day , no doubt patronage is better further down the rd. As well it is a developing area & patronage will only get better.

As an aside the run i drive on in Melb. doesn't pick up outstanding numbers at its Southern terminus, but gets extemley busy the further North you go

regards Venturatiger
RailwayBus
Favourite Vehicle: Train or tram.

Post by RailwayBus »

spragash wrote:I catch the 610, 617 and T65 on a regular basis (everyday for weekday and every 2nd weekend). Rouse hill interchange is the start of the journey however the buses usually get quite full once halfway to their destination. It would be prudent to suggest that these buses are empty.
There isnt always people going the full distance either. They constantly get on and off the buses. They may get on at Milford but get off at Samantha Riley.
The fact is yes, it is slowly destroying our street however to say they are 'empty' and have not many people' as a justification to rid the service is an understatement. On peak time (currently they are coming every 30 mins per service on 15 minute intervals) they can not let any more people on by the time they get to Samantha Riley T Way if the bus starts at Rouse Hill. These are services to and from the city. Blacktown services are currently coming every hour.

If you want some more accuracy. Instead of taking snaps at the start and end of every service. How about sitting on the actual buses and surveying them accurately not just count as they go past. The fact is the hills is a Transport disaster and we NEED more public transport options. How about accurately keeping count on where people get on and off? AND doing this at different times? Peak and off peak? you would be surprised the amount of people that acutally use them.

I dont mind backing our community but we have to make sure it is accurate and justified not 'because its a nuisance'. Also another factor is buses are not sticking on their lanes (on Milford Drive) and prove that there is danger within the streets. People have to learn to park on their driveways and garages (what the hell are they their for if people are not using them?)

Hope this provides a more accurate light not just people going 'buses are empty we dont need anymore'.

Kind Regards,
Sanj
All he said was during the day (inter peak) there were more buses than passengers at that one perticular stop. You are reading a lot more into it and getting carried away over things that weren't even said.

Regards
RailwayBus
All views expressed are strictly my own and do not represent my employer or anyone else.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

As we are unlikely to see any other form of transport at Rouse Hill for many years to come, isn't it a bit premature to be calling it an "interchange"?
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Wally Otto
Favourite Vehicle: Westbus 9413, Ven/Nat 556/574

Post by Wally Otto »

Are Eastgardens, Macquarie Centre, Castle Hill and Bonnyrigg interchanges? (Well, in the case of Mac Centre, it will have bus & train soon). Yes.
So does Rouse Hill fit in the same category? Yes.
Fast food may be the gunzel food of choice, but organic chocolate is their energy food :wink:

Waiting for a 14.5m Merc O500LE CNG on a 200 at Bondi Jungle!
Nat/Ven 400 series - Poxy Boxy.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Wally Otto wrote:Are Eastgardens, Macquarie Centre, Castle Hill and Bonnyrigg interchanges? (Well, in the case of Mac Centre, it will have bus & train soon). Yes.
So does Rouse Hill fit in the same category? Yes.
I guess it all boils down to how one defines "interchange", but it literally means "change between..."

I have never seen Eastgardens referred to as an "interchange"; it is a shopping centre with a bus rank/terminal. Very few passengers would go there just to change from one bus to another to complete a journey.

BONDI JUNCT INTERCHANGE is an interchange because there is a railway station and major bus station, Parramatta (and even many suburban stations) likewise.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
spragash

Post by spragash »

I apologise for reading a lot more into it.

It is just on Milford Drive every resident got a letter regarding the services and how they are a nuiscance. Also showing photos of empty buses. Leading people to think they are uneccessary. Isn't this the forum for it or did I sign up to the wrong forum?

Cheers,
Sanj
Mr Scania
Favourite Vehicle: Scania

Post by Mr Scania »

Have you heard of the BulletBus which runs from Rouse Hill / Kellyville non stop into the City
NWResident

Post by NWResident »

spragash wrote:I apologise for reading a lot more into it.

It is just on Milford Drive every resident got a letter regarding the services and how they are a nuiscance. Also showing photos of empty buses. Leading people to think they are uneccessary. Isn't this the forum for it or did I sign up to the wrong forum?
spragash wrote:I catch the 610, 617 and T65 on a regular basis (everyday for weekday and every 2nd weekend). Rouse hill interchange is the start of the journey however the buses usually get quite full once halfway to their destination. It would be prudent to suggest that these buses are empty.

I too got a flyer about the number of buses currently on Milford Drive, Rouse Hill, and was appalled at the suggestion that they are gong to increase the t75 service and I am glad that this was brought to my attention. Milford Drive is a soley residential street and is too narrow for the major bus route that it has become. I too have used both the 610, 617X and the T75, and in my experience they only start to get busy at at Kellyville. I also found the 1hr40min+ trip to the city just too long onto my day. As a resident I can also say that on Milford the buses are virtually empty. Surely there is surely some better solution to our transport woes in the area than 230+ buses running along one street virtually empty when further down the line people are screaming out for more.
NSW Trains
Favourite Vehicle: Mazda

Post by NSW Trains »

What gets me is you would have thought that they would have improved the second Tway as the LPT has been such a huge success as our weekly patronage is up to 55,000 now and with a 5min peak we still leave passengers stranded.

The Northwest Tway has so much potential but is it used correctly.

Great shots thou :)
Living in the country is awesome....come fly the XPT.

Formerly Tway
shovelyjoe
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes O 500LE

Post by shovelyjoe »

Brilliant shots there! :D

I find that the Busways livery goes great with the Custom Coaches CB60.
Hornibrook

Post by Hornibrook »

They're great pics there Mick, keep up the good work!
M depot

Post by M depot »

NWResident; come and live on the central coast and travel to sydney everyday
THEN
ypu will know what commuting is really about (2X your travelling time each way)
Mitch
Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

Post by Mitch »

Was where you were new when you took the photos?

I'm curious as the roadsigns and streetlights looks recently installed.

Thanks,
Mitch [;
CB80
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Tiger

Post by CB80 »

Can you please stop bumping up these really old threads for no reason?

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”