Random Saturday Morning shows on TV

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

TransitBris
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Random Saturday Morning shows on TV

Post by TransitBris »

I find it quite annoying when you turn on the TV (Abc, Channel 7, Channel 9, SBS, Channel Ten) on Saturday Mornings you find yourself watching Kiddy shows and even Kiddy ads they could at least put all the shows on Channel 9 so that some decent programs are on. Right now the TV is turned on and this fricken Barbie ad keeps coming up :evil: What are your thoughts on Saturday morning TV????? 8)
Scania pride 8)
Huggies

Re: Random Saturday Morning shows on TV

Post by Huggies »

The networks are only meeting their Children's content quota and you can't blame them showing kiddie adverts during kids shows. I suggest you go back to bed or do some housework for your mother. Just do something else apart from watching TV.
T1200
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310 CNG Volgren CR228L

Post by T1200 »

Huggies wrote:you can't blame them showing kiddie adverts
Junk food, mainly. :roll:
Reality continues to ruin my life.
Deleted 16/4/2008

Post by Deleted 16/4/2008 »

What are you talking about? ABC don't have product commercials. But I know where you coming from with the other channels. One word FOXTEL!
Douglas
Favourite Vehicle: Denning Landseer

Post by Douglas »

LOL... I have Austar (don't know how we'd live without it), and we have our Saturday Morning Star Trek, which is also on Sundays, with about as much kiddie programming as a television station I would run would have.
Douglas, Professional Nerd, At Your Service.
Volvo B12BLEA
Favourite Vehicle: Rail and Ships / Boats.

Post by Volvo B12BLEA »

BBI wrote:What are you talking about? ABC don't have product commercials. But I know where you coming from with the other channels. One word FOXTEL!
Even Foxtel has product ads!!!!!!!!!!!
Any posts are my views or opinions and are NOT on behalf of any Organisation.
Deleted 16/4/2008

Post by Deleted 16/4/2008 »

I know but they are still better than Channel 10 and the other Free-To-Air channels.
Volvo B12BLEA
Favourite Vehicle: Rail and Ships / Boats.

Post by Volvo B12BLEA »

BBI wrote:I know but they are still better than Channel 10 and the other Free-To-Air channels.
The whole idea of Pay TV is so you don't get Product Ads!!!!!!

Think about it, you pay heaps to watch Pay TV and they also show Product Ads so they also get a fortune from the Companies advertising with them. Basically Foxtel etc are getting paid TWICE, Once from you and once from the Companies advertising.
Any posts are my views or opinions and are NOT on behalf of any Organisation.
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

MAN 18.310 wrote:
BBI wrote:I know but they are still better than Channel 10 and the other Free-To-Air channels.
The whole idea of Pay TV is so you don't get Product Ads!!!!!!

Think about it, you pay heaps to watch Pay TV and they also show Product Ads so they also get a fortune from the Companies advertising with them. Basically Foxtel etc are getting paid TWICE, Once from you and once from the Companies advertising.
Well, think about it. How much does a Satellite in the sky cost? Millions, maybe billions. Not quite sure. So, that needs a lot of money.

And besides, most of the Austar\Foxtel channels are not run by Austar or Foxtel (The Lifestyle ones are, I believe), but by seperate entities. And, as we all know, businesses exist to make money. They get paid a set amount by Foxtel\Austar, and they also make money with ads. Although, some channels play plain strange ads, i.e. Fuel sees fit to advertise it's extreme sporting stuff on the SciFi channel, and, at last check, most of those who actually watch the SciFi channel would probably not watch the Fuel channel.
bigrobbo

Post by bigrobbo »

Crikey, if I ran a pay TV company I woul dbe looking for all the revenue I could get! Subcriptions, advertising etc etc... build up the cash in the bank, then outbid the free-to-air stations for the major sporting and other major events around the world. Soon, to see AFL or Cricket or Prince William get married, you will need Foxtel or another pay TV company just to see it!

And Saturday/Sunday TV is geared for kids, now that we expect news shows on Free-To-Air Monday to Friday. All the kids toys and kids junk food ads are going to appear.

Sad, but true
TransitBris

Post by TransitBris »

Huggies wrote: I suggest you go back to bed 8) or do some housework for your mother :cry:
Scania pride 8)
scott

Post by scott »

When I was babysitting my 8 yr old cousin one weekend, she was watching Barney and Friends, with that stupid purple dinosaur, which at that time was on at around 7am on a Saturday morning on Channel 9. Anyway I see bits of it while I am getting breakfast ready and no wonder it gets a Saturday morning slot, it probably has to be one of the WORST kid's shows ever. It mainly has this dinosaur, or may I say man in a dinosaur suit and a bunch of kids doing kiddy type things and singing crappy songs to crappy music. It has been on since 1992 according to the wikipedia article linked below and it is a wonder it has lasted nearly 16 years. I remember it first being on when I was at Primary school (around 1993-94) and nearly every kid in the yard was singing that crappy ending song they sing at the end of each episode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barney_and_Friends
TransitBris

Post by TransitBris »

I think it goes a bit like this:

'I Love you, You love me, we are happy family; With a great big hug and a Kiss onto you, Dont you say you love me too.'

Absolutely Pathetic :roll:
Last edited by TransitBris on Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scania pride 8)
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

scott wrote:...on Channel 9....
And that, my friends, sums up it's crappiness: it's on Channel 9.
VQ
Favourite Vehicle: Anything but a MAN!

Post by VQ »

It's easy, either sleep so you don't watch it, or go outside and work on your car or go on the net.
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

VQ wrote:It's easy, either sleep so you don't watch it, or go outside and work on your car or go on the net.
Or get Austar\Foxtel\Optus\SelecTV and watch that instead. Especially the SciFi channel on the first three: Star Trek till almost noon!
tbc1983

Post by tbc1983 »

Scania wrote:I think it goes a bit like this:

'I Love you, You love me, we are happy family; With a great big hug and a Kiss onto you, Dont you say you love me too.'

Absolutely Pathetic :roll:

It was aimed at kids, not adults; hence why it was a shouse programme...
Besides, a lot of kiddies' programmes from that country are very schmalzy; more disgusting than eating vomit pies.

Personally, if someone's Saturday morning is ruined due to shitty programmes aimed at little tackers, than maybe some people should get a life and get out more...

There are people dying in Africa and some losers are moaning about lousy TV shows?

I think some people would be better of committing suicide (off-the-cuff comment, aimed at no-one in particular).

Cheers!
Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

I recall when I was a young 'un getting super pumped each Saturday morning for Thunderbirds on TCN 9 at 0610hrs. They only ever made about 35 episodes of that show, but I watched it every Saturday for years.....
Job done.
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

TCN9 = Newcastle, right? If I recall callsigns right...
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

As far as I know that is the sign for Channel 9 in Sydney. Channel 9 in Newcastle would be NBN IIRC.
Job done.
member 1423

Post by member 1423 »

Andrew wrote:As far as I know that is the sign for Channel 9 in Sydney. Channel 9 in Newcastle would be NBN IIRC.
Correct. TCN9 is the HQ and playout for Nine Network Australia. NBN3 is the callsign for NBN TV NSW and its playout and studios are in Mosbri Crt The Hill
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

on Saturdays Channel 10 have Studio 10, Channel 9 has Weekend Today/Today Extra and Channel 7 has Weekend Sunrise and The Morning Show.
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

Channel 76 in recent times has shown a lot of the later disney shows that unless you have pay tv did not get shown here.7 flicks.think austin and ally,dog with a blog,liv and maddie and good luck charlie.i am not sure if we ever saw ant farm all are great.prior to that we were subjected to garbage such as bewitched and i dream of jeannie.who the hell wants to see relics from the sixties hello!!!!

Return to “The Lunch Room”