Funny signs you've snapped!

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Willie
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes 0405NH

Funny signs you've snapped!

Post by Willie »

I've been forced by someone (you know who you are) to ask to see any funny signs that you can share.
Composition Dept

Post by Composition Dept »

Belldandy
Favourite Vehicle: MercedesO405,Leyland Atlantean

Post by Belldandy »

Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
member 1423

Post by member 1423 »

Centralian

Post by Centralian »

One I saw outside the local hospital with the letters that you stick onto the board, unfortunately I did not have camera to hand. 'Seniors Week. Valued in the community'. Unfortunately the 'k' in week had fallen off.
Volvo B12BLEA
Favourite Vehicle: Rail and Ships / Boats.

Post by Volvo B12BLEA »

Centralian wrote:One I saw outside the local hospital ....'Seniors Week. Valued in the community'. Unfortunately the 'k' in week had fallen off.
Now that is hilarious :lol:

I saw a property in the Adelaide Hills that had the following sign on the fence....'Trespassers will be Prostituted'
Unfortunately didn't have a camera with me. :(
Any posts are my views or opinions and are NOT on behalf of any Organisation.
tbc1983_

Post by tbc1983_ »

Regarding the sign 'Water on road during rain' , at first sight, it does seem like a stupid sign, but you may have to realise that camber of the road and or the stormwater drainage weren't taken into account too well; I'm being serious here, they teach you that in road design in civil engineering.

Cheers!
ATDB member's quotes are now on holiday.

Looks like Herbert's H.D. will have to do 'a phoenix'!
The Inspector
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA Volvo B59

Post by The Inspector »

Seen whilst driving around Tassie in 2005, I thought it was funny.
Has AdMet CB80 fever
Flexity110

Post by Flexity110 »

I found this one quite funny at a palace just out of Munich, apparently Daschunds may not relieve themselves in certain areas of the grounds. German Shepherds must be able to get away with it though...

And not a sign, but it cracked me up when I found it. Its in a little garden of wooden carved statues on the grounds of the world's largest cuckoo clock in the Black Forest. I dont think it was intended, they are in fact about a foot apart and with a host of other carved animals. Fortune has it, however, that they are just at the right angle to be snapped like this:

...scary to think I get called "Squirrel"...
Mother

Post by Mother »

I wish I had photographed a sign in a barber's shop in Albuquerque New Mexico.

It read: HAIR CUT WHILE YOU WAIT.
CHIPS ARE CHIPS!
TTran

Post by TTran »

LowRider
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA MAN SL200

Post by LowRider »

Ahh I have a fair few interesting things that I have taken pictures of in my travels lol.

The first one was taken on a recent drive up to Pt Pirie...

This last one just appeared to me, and because of the angle I took the picture on my old phones crap camera, it was just hillarious. It is actually the front of a building on Cormack Rd @ Wingfield ;)

Terrorising the Streets in an SL200!
member 1423

Post by member 1423 »

F.A.G. make roller bearings.

F.a.g isnt an abbreaviation its just that the word is filtered and comes out as duster.
Flexity110

Post by Flexity110 »

'Seamen' with an "a" in it is different to that other stuff with no "a" - the Missions to Seaman hall is used to entertain shipping crews from other countries and make them feel at home in their new surroundings while at Port. Its got a few billiard tables, kitchen and dining hall, a ballroom and so on like that. It got a lot of use back in the days of the USSR when ships used to come in and crews would land and enjoy the fruits of capitalism.

Back onto the differences in Se(a)men, one day it will catch on and some young nut with a can of paint will delete the necessary letter - its up the right end of town for that :twisted:
Hendikins

Post by Hendikins »

Hendikins - The Lurking Wolfox
I'm a railway employee - not a railway representative. Opinions are strictly my own.
LowRider
Favourite Vehicle: PMCSA MAN SL200

Post by LowRider »

SG280H wrote:'Seamen' with an "a" in it is different to that other stuff with no "a" - the Missions to Seaman hall is used to entertain shipping crews from other countries and make them feel at home in their new surroundings while at Port. Its got a few billiard tables, kitchen and dining hall, a ballroom and so on like that. It got a lot of use back in the days of the USSR when ships used to come in and crews would land and enjoy the fruits of capitalism.

Back onto the differences in Se(a)men, one day it will catch on and some young nut with a can of paint will delete the necessary letter - its up the right end of town for that :twisted:
Yes, yes. I'm well aware of the spelling. It doesn't detract that it is rather humourous. And yes, I do have a warped/twisted sense of humour.

F.A.G do make bearings, that whole place is just a hardware store. Again, these are meant to be "funny" and light hearted, an explanation of what they are is not necessary and detracts from the humour.
Terrorising the Streets in an SL200!
Desto Dave
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Worldmaster, Tigers.

Post by Desto Dave »

Our trams are very clever in Melbourne!

Flexity110

Post by Flexity110 »

Ooh i wonder if our new trams will be able to U-Turn. That will turn some heads :lol:
Bostik

Post by Bostik »

Even though we see at least one of them everyday. Skid marks can't cross like that when they are made from one vehicle!!!! :roll:
I hate busses
i never said a thingabout buses-only busses
Flexity110

Post by Flexity110 »

For those of you who are desperate for a drink after that long flight to Adelaide:

Nexas

Post by Nexas »

Snapped this about 6 weeks ago at Fountain Gate.

Views expressed by me are strictly my own, not of my friends, employer, or anyone else.
daveharries
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B9TL / Wright Gemini

Post by daveharries »

I like these kind of topics. Here is a sign I snapped at Penrith railway station, Cumbria, UK a while back. Certainly caused me some amusement and anyone with an appetite for a quickie might find it rather tempting as well...

:P

Dave
Desto Dave
Favourite Vehicle: Leyland Worldmaster, Tigers.

Post by Desto Dave »

LOL! Love the above one from Penrith, England Dave!
DiAmOnD T
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Mandator Ex Browns no7

Post by DiAmOnD T »

daveharries wrote:I like these kind of topics. Here is a sign I snapped at Penrith railway station, Cumbria, UK a while back. Certainly caused me some amusement and anyone with an appetite for a quickie might find it rather tempting as well...

:P

Dave
YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Diesel Guy
- Mobile heavy vehicle repairs serving Sydney to Newcastle -

dieselguynsw@gmail.com

Return to “The Lunch Room”