Dash Board shots

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Windy

Post by Windy »

I still stand by previous statements that it isn't a dash but a mere growths that extend from the steering column. It is functional, though, from what I have been told.
Herbert

Post by Herbert »

Perth has one PR100.3 (1133) which I have driven quite a bit. I rather like the dash layout except for the fact that the indicators, being fully manual, are accompanied by an annoying "beep beep".
Get the gen, see the shots: www.perthbus.info
Windy

Post by Windy »

Yes, I took a shot of 1133 at Morley when I was last in Perth. Shame about those ridiculous headlights!
Daf_SB4000!!!!

Post by Daf_SB4000!!!! »

MAN 16 240

i know it is not a aussie one..... dont shoot me :wink: but my old euro DAF :D
k124

Post by k124 »

2 Dashboards from myself...

TransWA Scania K124

Transtar Scania K124 (Non Aust)
NLF
Favourite Vehicle: New STA CB 80 B7Rle's, sorry.

Post by NLF »

About 2/3 of our 0405 / gas bus steering wheels still have their merc star, it is just bad luck that the ones I happened to photograph were missing.
I took one of 1141 with badges on the wheel & and the small one on the plastic plug/cap on the lock on the top of the speedo
"Eat Drum, Eat Cymbal"- Animal
"I know for I told me so" - Spinal Tap "Majesty of Rock"
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Amazing how much better it looks with that prestigious logo on the steering wheel ,even if it's a brothel of a driver's cab.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Stoney!
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz o405

Post by Stoney! »

yeah, tis a bit dirty!

Stoney!
Proud Volkswagen Golf owner...

Mercees o305g:- one of the best buses ever built
White Super Power

Vintage Dashes

Post by White Super Power »

A "dash shot " to make the current day driver cringe. Bass Hill Bus Service mo 4184 1953 Syd Wood White converted to diesel power. This modern vehicle had blinkers fitted (see RHS of steering wheel). Headlight dipper switch along with the horn are on the engine cover. You can just see the mechanical turn/stop arm in the top right corner. The other handle on the steering column is for the air operated rear door. The handbrake is on the RHS just below thw the steering wheel. Fitted with a 4 speed "reverse gearbox" - 1st against the drivers knee. To get "air conditioning" open the quarter vent on RHS.

Mt Gravatt 924 EFE Leyland Leopard Austral "Emma".
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Oh wow love those older shots WSP.
has anyone got a shot of one of Deanes AEC Swifts with Domino Body.Unfortunately When Edwards Coaches in Armidale bought them from Shorelink in the ealy 1990s,they replaced the original concaved dash with boring flat rectangle ones.It was the same design as the one you see in the pic of the Austral Leopard dash ,the way it emerges out of the windscreen sill.It had a row of round warning lights going along the top with various instruments below.
Oh man I'd love to see a shot if anyone out there has one.This dash used to fascinate the hell out of me.
If anyone knows where I could possiblycannibalise one of these black Domino /Austral instrument clusters to fit into my ex Deanes Swift ,please let me know of any leads.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
aussiebuses
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O405/CC 420

Re: Dash Board shots

Post by aussiebuses »

I have a Irisbus FRH CB50 Dash from Busways

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cs4s9hc9r75zt ... 0%20pm.jpg

and a Mercedes Benz OH1621 Dash from a CB50

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d6jetlhzcejlp ... 12_IMG.jpg
Looselion
Favourite Vehicle: 3 1/2 window Flxible Clipper

Re: Dash Board shots

Post by Looselion »

Hi everywhere....
I thought maybe a glimpse at the dash styling of the long-distance coach of the late 1950's......
Although not a dedicated shot of the complete dash, this image gives some idea of the very utilitarian nature of things in an earlier era.
This was Redline's No 21, a Watt Bros built Commer Avenger with (of course) rear engine conversion. This coach had a Leyland E148 or E149 (ex Matilda Tank) fitted during the original rear engine conversion when new, but was soon re-engined in-house with the standard 'Knocker' TS3 two-stroke, due to the Leyland's poor fuel economy.
The shot was taken during a Central Australian Safari tour in 1962, with Laurie MacBeth behind the wheel.
Attachments
Redline No 21 Dash. From Laurie MacBeth Collection
Redline No 21 Dash. From Laurie MacBeth Collection

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”