Saints Peakhurst Coaches

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
User xyz

Saints Peakhurst Coaches

Post by User xyz »

hey, was wondering if anyone had the above Bus Co's Pictures, fleet list ect. I hope this is the correct place to ask.

kind regards

matt
Wrong Way - Go Back

Post by Wrong Way - Go Back »

User xyz

Post by User xyz »

Hi,

Thanks alot mate :D

matt
DiAmOnD T
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Mandator Ex Browns no7

Post by DiAmOnD T »

Wow, that brings back some memories.

I traveled Saints to and from school between 94 and 99 after they took over Foleys of Kogarah.

I remember the domino TV332 We thought we were king XXX, as all the povo kids got sta mercs or south trans mk1 mercs home and we got a coach!

Then the next day the old coachmaster 5560 would turn up.

We rarely had the same bus three times a week.

Are Saints still running?? I havent been up there scince they sold their routes and most buses.
The Diesel Guy
- Mobile heavy vehicle repairs serving Sydney to Newcastle -

dieselguynsw@gmail.com
Simes
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz

Post by Simes »

The depot and house on Forest Rd were up for demolition last time I walked by, some of their later fleet ended up with B&N Coaches, they now run out of a yard in Vanessa St Kingsgrove. I'm unsure if there's any connection between Saints and B&N, probably there is none.....
http://19302413.blogspot.com/

3092, last bus on George Street - 23rd October 2015 7:50pm
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Simes wrote:The depot and house on Forest Rd were up for demolition last time I walked by, some of their later fleet ended up with B&N Coaches, they now run out of a yard in Vanessa St Kingsgrove. I'm unsure if there's any connection between Saints and B&N, probably there is none.....
I was visiting someone in a retirement village about Christmas time last year and the village had a Christmas Card from B&N Coaches incorporating Saints.
Living in the Shire.
Simes

Post by Simes »

well there you go.....

Ben_Daui
Favourite Vehicle: 14.5 Scania

Saints

Post by Ben_Daui »

Well when I went to school the Catholic education office must of had a deal with Saints as they would convey the Eastern Subs Catholic schools to the camps organised. Yr 4 I went to Camp Mackay which is up in the Windsor area & Yr 5 I went to Teen Ranch which is at Cobbity.
Teen Ranch had there own Leopard Mk 1 (don't know if they still own it)
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Simes wrote:The depot and house on Forest Rd were up for demolition last time I walked by, some of their later fleet ended up with B&N Coaches, they now run out of a yard in Vanessa St Kingsgrove. I'm unsure if there's any connection between Saints and B&N, probably there is none.....
I understand B&N is owned by some former Saints employees.
Wrong Way - Go Back

Re: Saints

Post by Wrong Way - Go Back »

Ben_Daui wrote:Well when I went to school the Catholic education office must of had a deal with Saints
Rather appropriate to have Catholics dealing with Saints.
User xyz

Post by User xyz »

edit.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Does anyone remember the Swift 505s?I got a recording of one of Saint's units once ,from the outside.I notice in the picture ,they used the no.3 box on their Swifts.
Judging by the chrome stripping,it loks like they may have aquired their's rom Hopkinsons.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
TheLoneGunMan
Favourite Vehicle: My Motorhome

Post by TheLoneGunMan »

Hi All,

I don't know much about B & N, but from what I have seen of their buses, I don't want to either, I dunno how some of their vehicles pass inspection? I know that they can't bribe the RTA to keep the buses on the road?
mosman was

Post by mosman was »

Same could be said about the Saints fleet!! I have wreaked most of the Saints Leopareds due to then being good for nothing else. They were total stuffeed in 1998 when Lochie Saint gave them to me for parts! [3668, 3678,1597, 1738, and Andy Lee got 1735 for parts.] The Saint Bedford Coachmaster also went to Andy Lee but has since been scraped. The Parkers have 3727 whice is under restoration.
In the words of a "highly succesful bus operator", I choose to be a winner and not a loser! I am now winning!!
Simes

Post by Simes »

mosman was, you wouldn't happen to remember which one had the roofline ad for Domenelli Ford would you? The last time I saw that particular leopard, said dealership had closed down years beforehand :lol:

PUNCHBOWL TIGER

Saints Peakhurst Coaches

Post by PUNCHBOWL TIGER »

Simes,
The MK1 Leopard with the Dominelli Add on the rooflines was m/o 4941.It came to Saints when Foley's sold them their route service and combined that route and the 113 route of Saints.

Foley's bus fleet were include in the deal but not their coaches.

As far as the Swifts,there was two and I think they were ex.Hoppies???.They were m/o 5166 and m/o 5561.

There is not much of the former Saint fleet left around except for one of the Volvos at B&N,the RG197 went to Victoria ??? and one of the CCMC bodied Bedfords is still with Blue Ribbon in the Hunter Valley.

I did find one of Saints Atkinson/Coachmasters in Tonga quite a few years ago and managed to have a ride on it from one end of the main island to the other.Still in Saints colours and still in quite good condition considering the road and climate there.

I always kept an eye on Saints because their depot was only a couple of blocks away from my parents house so there is a lot of memories from the early 1960's till they finished up.

Regards Punchbowl Tiger
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

Their Volvo B10M/ CC coach is still running in the Buslink fleet on the Sunshine Coast.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
DiAmOnD T
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Mandator Ex Browns no7

Post by DiAmOnD T »

Swift obsessor wrote:Does anyone remember the Swift 505s?I got a recording of one of Saint's units once ,from the outside.I notice in the picture ,they used the no.3 box on their Swifts.
Judging by the chrome stripping,it loks like they may have aquired their's rom Hopkinsons.

All i saw of theirs was 5561 in the shed at Foleys whilst the take over happened due to parking problems at Peakhurst.
I do how ever remember Foleys swifts and reliance,(4030,4035 and unk?) we used to stand up the front and open the doors on them, and when the sb bedford 4022 was out we would sit on the timber bench that ran parralel with the engine cover.

4941 (3668) had dominelli hurstville ads on the roof when i got it in 2001 from AC. Unfortunatly scraped now due to cancer in body.
4823 (3678) also had dominelli on the roof untill scraped eairly this year.

Well all foleys had ads on the roof in their hay day.
The Diesel Guy
- Mobile heavy vehicle repairs serving Sydney to Newcastle -

dieselguynsw@gmail.com
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Re: Saints Peakhurst Coaches

Post by boronia »

PUNCHBOWL TIGER wrote: I did find one of Saints Atkinson/Coachmasters in Tonga quite a few years ago and managed to have a ride on it from one end of the main island to the other.Still in Saints colours and still in quite good condition considering the road and climate there.
Regards Punchbowl Tiger
This was the bus that ended up with Marrickville BL. I think m/o 4707 there?? I drove it down to the Hickson Rd ro-ro wharf for loading.
mosman was

Post by mosman was »

Simes wrote:mosman was, you wouldn't happen to remember which one had the roofline ad for Domenelli Ford would you? The last time I saw that particular leopard, said dealership had closed down years beforehand :lol:
The Domonelli ford ad was on ex PTC 3668, restoration started by Diamond T but it had too much rust and was scraped in 2002. Saint's rego was m/o4941. m/o4823[ex3678] was swaped to Tempe for ex3725 after the gearbox was swaped ito the Leyland Panther m/o4720 at Manly bus service as it had no 3rd gear and Tempe swaped it for Leyland decker 1660 at Hexam in 1998. It has since been burnt out by vandals and sent to scrap.Ex5860[3727] was sold to Leopard1543 then sold to the Parkers in 2003 and is under restoration. Ex 1597 was scraped by me and David Kirkland for the motor to be put in ex3095 in 2001. Ex1738[exm/o5269] was scraped by me in 2003 and the motor went into my ex North and Western Coachmaster 8128 to be reregoed m/o1071 for Mosman. Ex1735 [m/o4705] was scaped by Andy lee in 1999 at Thonleigh. That is to the best of my knowledge what has happened to the Saint's Leopards.
In the words of a "highly succesful bus operator", I choose to be a winner and not a loser! I am now winning!!
Simes

Post by Simes »

Thanks for all that info guys!

Kogarah's street scene is very bland these days without the black and white saints buses, the red and white of kogarah coaches (later to be mustard and blue bedfords) along with the yellow and white of crossways and the off green of pleasure tours, all leopards along with a few of the UTA stragglers in the 80's. Not to mention the deep blue and red of pioneer

That's in my lifetime anyway.....

Now it's all mainly veolia!

On Saints, I recall they had a Panther, the memories of what I saw towards the end - 1999? or was it '98? The Volvo seemed to be out most of the time.

1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

For what was a very respectable company back in the 60s and 70s, Saints sure did become a sad reflection of its former self towards the end.

I'd assume the reason the Volvo was out so much in the latter days is that it was probably the most reliable thing in the yard.

RIP Saints.
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
PUNCHBOWL TIGER

Saints Peakhurst Coaches

Post by PUNCHBOWL TIGER »

1 whoknows,
Saints were not a bad operation as you say in the 60's and 70's when Bert Saint ran the show but declined in later years.

Even in the early Bedford era at Saints it wasn't too bad but certainly fell away in later years with only the occasional purchase of a new vehicle.

But nevertheless,still miss this operation like a lot of others around Sydney for it variety of vehicles,colourschemes and characters that made up the scene.

The St.George area is so very bland these days compared to even ten years ago.It is not going to get any better is it.

Regards Punchbowl Tiger
White Super Power

Post by White Super Power »

PUNCHBOWL TIGER wrote:
As far as the Swifts,there was two and I think they were ex.Hoppies???.They were m/o 5166 and m/o 5561.

Regards Punchbowl Tiger
These Swifts came via Greenacre BS who ran them in Hoppies colours
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

boronia wrote:
PUNCHBOWL TIGER wrote: I did find one of Saints Atkinson/Coachmasters in Tonga quite a few years ago and managed to have a ride on it from one end of the main island to the other.Still in Saints colours and still in quite good condition considering the road and climate there.
Regards Punchbowl Tiger
This was the bus that ended up with Marrickville BL. I think m/o 4707 there?? I drove it down to the Hickson Rd ro-ro wharf for loading.
Yes it was m/o 4707 at Marrickville but it would not have been in Saints colours in Tonga if it is the same bus.Yes 4707 did go to Tonga as well but it had been repainted by Marrickville.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”