Log Books

General Transport Discussion not specific to one state
8 SPEED
Favourite Vehicle: Anything 420hp or above

Log Books

Post by 8 SPEED »

Gentlemen
Can anybody tell me if there has been any changes to the rules concerning log books? Ive been told that you fill out your log book, when driving a bus with TV plates,even within a radius of 100 klms as against the old way of outside the radius of 100 klms.Sorry for not saying earlier but i am talking about NSW.
CHEERS
THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR HORSEPOWER
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

It used to be related to the type of tachograph fitted.

If the bus/coach uses 7 day card tachos, shared by all drivers, you used to have to fill out a log book. If you used a driver specific daily tacho card, you didn't.

I never used an electronic log type recorder, but I think they were treated as driver specific if you could key in an employee number.
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

I thought you still needed to fill out log book for single day tacho if operating outside 100km of depot and attach tachograph output to the log book page for that day?
Job done.
boronia

Post by boronia »

Andrew wrote:I thought you still needed to fill out log book for single day tacho if operating outside 100km of depot and attach tachograph output to the log book page for that day?
That is correct, but the enquiry and reply related to inside the 100 km limit.
mrobsessed
Favourite Vehicle: AEC Reliance

Post by mrobsessed »

To my knowledge there is no distinction between TV plated vehicles and others. Log books are filled out if any part of the journey in a day goes outside a 100km radius of the depot. From Sydney you could get quite a way as the crow flies.
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

boronia wrote:
That is correct, but the enquiry and reply related to inside the 100 km limit.
Yes you're right, sorry I will read better next time!
Job done.
Fuji

Post by Fuji »

The NTC is currently is considering driving hours options along with fatigue management guidelines.

There is considerable debate.

Take a look at the busnews website (http://www.busnews.com.au) (ABC) and it gives you the latest.

Public comments have been invited by Sept 11.

Also look at the NTC website. Another good source of info are the inside pages of your logbook.
8 SPEED

Log Books

Post by 8 SPEED »

I have been told if driving a bus with tv plates we must use log books,even within 100klms.It may pay for others to at least check it out.(some members of our rta are pretty snappy at times)I would not like to see anybody get booked.
REGARDS 8 SPEED
boronia

Post by boronia »

THis was purely an MoT requirement, not RTA.

The company I worked for used daily tacho cards, and we did not have to use log books inside the 100km radius once we got our tachographs converted. THis procedure was confirmed by the MoT at the time, and there have never been any issues with it in over 10 years..

What does the owner of the bus tell you to do??
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Is this true?
I've heard reports that if you spell a town's name incorrectly in a transport vehicle's log book, the driver gets fined.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
boronia

Post by boronia »

There are some narks in the RTA, but with all the b**t they must get from some truckies I am not really surprised.

One had a go at me a few years ago because I wrote "Sydney" as the location for a rest break. Told me I had to be more specific, use a suburb name, etc. He wouldnt understand that I was very specific, because my bus was parked in Market St at the time!!
8 SPEED

Log Books

Post by 8 SPEED »

I to have been told that spelling mistakes have had drivers booked in the past. Just recently i nearly got booked for one missing stroke in my book,he let me off but not before telling me it was worth $150 and he was not in the mood for this so i kept quite and moved on.
CHEERS
boronia

Post by boronia »

In a way, I can understand them being pedantic about this.

A parking or traffic ticket can be deemed invalid if there is a spelling error in a street or suburb name. A log book is a similar "legal" document.

Return to “General Transport Discussion”