[ACT] Moderation Day

This section contains posts made before the split into state-based forums for photos etc. New posts should be made to the appropriate state forum or the "General/Miscellaneous/Various" forum.
Forum rules
  • A topic icon must be used with the thread title of all threads.
  • No more than 10 photos per post with a maximum of 50 in any one page in a thread.
  • Maximum photo width 1000 pixels.
  • For full photo rules and how to attach photos see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=28459
  • Thank you :)
Busnerd

[ACT] Moderation Day

Post by Busnerd »

Well it was a weird day, with lots of funny and weird things happening on todays buspedition, as to not annoy you, i will only post three photos today, and only 1 is a pr100.2 Enjoy

362 At Spence Terminus, just across from a burned out Tongan Centre

362 Again, with "Angry Eyebrows" behind the wheel
www.actbus.net | Get On Board
Irisbus Rider
Favourite Vehicle: CC Mercedes Benz 0405

Post by Irisbus Rider »

Ah, yes, what a day it was indeed.
The new Scanias look stunning, and the new engine goes magnificently. That engine modification that was carried out really makes a difference. And the LED's and oyster lights go hand in hand. Love them, tell Adelaide CC plant to hurry up, we can't get these soon enough.
go-bus: The Metro Advantage
member 1423

Post by member 1423 »

Aye them photos are lookin' much better. See how much better and neater they are when they are all the same size. Photography technique looks to be improving to.
Busnerd

Post by Busnerd »

mbrowne1045 wrote:Aye them photos are lookin' much better. See how much better and neater they are when they are all the same size. Photography technique looks to be improving to.
It was also the reason I only posted three photos, I wanted them to all be good quality photos, and not all of PR100.2's :lol: But yeah, thanks for that.
Busnerd

Post by Busnerd »

Sorry about the quality of this next shot, but it was taken in a hurry through a window as we went past, but i noticed all this paint which had come off this bus apon removal of the world cup ad. Also in this post, 818.

jb17kx
Favourite Vehicle: Irisbus Agoraline

Post by jb17kx »

What's the bus in front of 362?
Selected artistic and gunzel photos from my collection - http://www.flickr.com/photos/jb17kx
Busnerd

Post by Busnerd »

I think it is 328
Andrew
Administrator

Post by Andrew »

As an aside - what the hell is Moderation Day?
Job done.
Busnerd

Post by Busnerd »

Andrew wrote:As an aside - what the hell is Moderation Day?
Well basically every private (and i think most public) high schools/colleges get the day off. Some tertiary students have to come in and do AST practice, but on this day, teachers from different schools all get together and compare work and marking techniques and making sure everything is going the same across the system.

Out teacher just told us that some of the teachers were impressed with some of our work :wink:
ajw373

Post by ajw373 »

Andrew wrote:As an aside - what the hell is Moderation Day?
To expand a little more in the ACT we do not have a common curriculum across all schools as such we do not have massive HSC test like in NSW and other states.

What happens here is all our class results are added up over years 11 and 12 and are then moderated based on the results of the AST test on a per school basis. This test is done by all students whishing to get a TER (or what ever it is called these days). If you don't want a TER and just want the year 12 certificate you don't do the test.

It works quite well although some people think it creates artificial results. Our scores, or at least when I did it back in 1990 were not compareable to HSC result. I got a score of something like 700 which put me in the top 50.5%. It was funny how people looked at that. Some (Qantas was one) had to get someone to do a translation as NSW scores are out of 500. ACT ones have no maximum in theory, but generally sit below 900-1000. Also people's perception of the percentile was funny too. One company thought it meant my score was 50%, ie I just passed, however in realtity my average scores were around 75% (mostly A, B and C's), it just meant that I sat right in the middle when compared to everyone else, so it is really a usless figure except for comparing two people.
Busnerd

Post by Busnerd »

ajw373 wrote: TER (or what ever it is called these days)
Well these days you can either do Accredited (Meaning you only need to stay at school until you get 17 points) you then get your year 12 certificate and most accredited people will go onto things like apprenticeships, CIT, CITEA, TAFE etc. Whereas if you study Tertiary, the work is twice as hard, you have shorter deadlines for work and the course content is a lot more extreme, and you can do minors or majors in some of your classes, most people (but not all) who do a tertiary package will do the AST and usually go on to university, after getting a UAI from said AST examinations.

So anyone who isnt sitting for the AST gets moderation day off.
ajw373

Post by ajw373 »

Busnerd wrote:
ajw373 wrote: TER (or what ever it is called these days)
Well these days you can either do Accredited (Meaning you only need to stay at school until you get 17 points) you then get your year 12 certificate and most accredited people will go onto things like apprenticeships, CIT, CITEA, TAFE etc. Whereas if you study Tertiary, the work is twice as hard, you have shorter deadlines for work and the course content is a lot more extreme, and you can do minors or majors in some of your classes, most people (but not all) who do a tertiary package will do the AST and usually go on to university, after getting a UAI from said AST examinations.

So anyone who isnt sitting for the AST gets moderation day off.
Yep that is how it was done back in my day too. I think when I did it, what is the TER was known as a TES.
Ryan
Favourite Vehicle: PR180.2 Mk1

Post by Ryan »

970's UC ad is gone from the right?
Busnerd

Post by Busnerd »

Ryan wrote:970's UC ad is gone from the right?
Yep, its nekid now. I dont know what is going on, they are taking some ads off, from one advertiser but leaving others on.

Some had bank of QLD removed, some had UC removed, somehad bigpond removed, some had ACTION removed, but others still have their ads of those same types, so its a little weird.
Irisbus Rider
Favourite Vehicle: CC Mercedes Benz 0405

Post by Irisbus Rider »

Its that sell-off time of year. Bid your farewells to 970..........
Thats my guess anyway.
go-bus: The Metro Advantage
jb17kx
Favourite Vehicle: Irisbus Agoraline

Post by jb17kx »

What's that huge box with the radio mount in 818? Never seen one like that before...
Selected artistic and gunzel photos from my collection - http://www.flickr.com/photos/jb17kx
Busnerd

Post by Busnerd »

jb17kx wrote:What's that huge box with the radio mount in 818? Never seen one like that before...
816, 817, 818 (and 819, when we still had it), Because they are/were used for charter were fitted with a speaker system throughout. This allows the driver to put the radio on throughout the bus, or use a microphone to talk through the speakers. Unfortunately the switch which controlled the 'saloon' speakers in 818 had been broken off!

Return to “Australian Photos, Videos, Sound Clips etc - ARCHIVE”