Buses returning to Days Rd & Harrison Rd

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
loungeman76
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B10M Fuji artics

Buses returning to Days Rd & Harrison Rd

Post by loungeman76 »

I see on the Adelaide Metro site that there’s a link showing proposals for the Routes 230 & 232.

Route 230 will operate along Days Rd

Route 232 will operate along Harrison Rd & Pam St. (2 options are presented for this route).
The Phonj
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202, PMCSA body

Re: Buses returning to Days Rd & Harrison Rd

Post by The Phonj »

Bus Preservation Association of South Australia https://www.bpasa.org.au/
Tramway Museum St. Kilda https://www.trammuseumadelaide.com/
National Railway Museum, Port Adelaide https://nrm.org.au/
Eurostar
Favourite Vehicle: XPT

Post by Eurostar »

Option 1 is best in my opinion. Option 2 could make many 232s late especially when freight trains and passenger trains come through Dudley Park.
Next station is Victoria Square. Change here for all trains.
TT
Favourite Vehicle: Anything without SCANIA badge.

Post by TT »

There’s signs today on every bus stop on 230 and 232 routes between Port Adelaide and the city.
Lieselta

Post by Lieselta »

Is having a stop next to Islington station not possible?
Admet75

Post by Admet75 »

I wont comment on the proposed route other than to say this might be considered one of the best consultations about route changes in the past decade. Not only is there a sort of draft timetable, but map as well as catchment area map (something which most people could see how close their street is to the proposed routes). As for Islington Station there is no real access road to the station as such apart from Regency Road.

The proposals look decent and I think Torrens Transit and SA Government and SAPTA should be commended on actually going out to consultation with this one. I anticipate if it says mid 2023 for the routes be implemented it means all the EMU's will be delivered for the Gawler line and a whole new timetable will occur not only for trains but more likely Outer North Feeder services.
Columbo

Post by Columbo »

Eurostar wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:06 pm Option 1 is best in my opinion. Option 2 could make many 232s late especially when freight trains and passenger trains come through Dudley Park.
Went along to the info session at Arndale last week and spoke to one of the 4 members of the project team that were there regarding the 2 options for the 232.

At that stage the feedback was 50/50 for option 1 and 2, Option 1 gives better service to local residents but there had been concerns from people in Stacey St and Oldsmobile St around the removal of street parking and the buses travelling along the streets.
For option 2 there had been suggestions to use the new extension of Exeter terrace alongside the railway line instead of Pedder Cres which would make accessing the railway station easier.
I Agree with your comment Eurostar that there could be delays at the corner of Exeter and Pym St especially when freight trains pass through, even once the council completes the upgrade of that corner.
I asked if any thought was given to just returning to the previous route for both the 230 and 232 by using South Rd and doing a U-Turn at the Regency Rd and Torrens Rd lights, according to the team member it was considered but there were concerns around the time it would add to the journey. I wouldn't have thought it would be much different to J1 and 300 doing a lap of Harbour Town Car Park to get back on to Tapleys Hill Rd or West Beach Rd.

The consultation has certainly been much better with this process than prior to the original changes when Pym St crossing was closed.

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”