Summary of Buses in Transport NSW livery

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: Summary of Buses in Transport NSW livery

Post by Swift »

BAMBAM wrote:
Swift wrote:Inheriting an ex STA region doesn't help.
They were doing well in region three at any rate.
I'm surprised to see a traditional like Punchbowl being so keen on erasing their colours. It seems they grabbed the bull by the horns and accepted a changing world in contrast to a bus dynasty in the far north who wanted to alter the prescribed livery.
Who says they were keen? I'm pretty sure it was mentioned it was part of the contract requirements when the last tender occurred as was one of requirements where their fleet had to be in the livery by a certain time for them specifically to continue running their region.
Yet other regions haven't been award winners for complying with that livery requirement. Did Punchie's region have more strict requirements for adhering to livery time lines?
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
mactransit

Post by mactransit »

Busabout appears to be painting more buses into TfNSW livery of late. Scania CB60s m/o 9713 and m/o 9629 have been repainted - possibly a mid-life refurb?
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

mactransit wrote:Busabout appears to be painting more buses into TfNSW livery of late. Scania CB60s m/o 9713 and m/o 9629 have been repainted - possibly a mid-life refurb?
For Busabout when it comes to Transport For NSW livery repaint jobs add Scania L113CRB Custom Coaches 510 m/o 7155 to that list besides those 2 ex Busways Scania CB60s
mactransit

Post by mactransit »

Another day, another Busabout repaint - Scania CB60 m/o 9677
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

On the reverse Transdev which started repaints a long time ago but then stopped is falling further behind. And further to that in the past week I have seen two older white buses (one was m/o 9118) with large red Transdev logos on the side - so it appears there are no plans to repaint them into blue and white.
Living in the Shire.
crazyturbo76
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE/Custom 'CB80'

Post by crazyturbo76 »

Fleet Lists wrote:On the reverse Transdev which started repaints a long time ago but then stopped is falling further behind. And further to that in the past week I have seen two older white buses (one was m/o 9118) with large red Transdev logos on the side - so it appears there are no plans to repaint them into blue and white.
The Fleet Lists suggest m/o 9118 (a MB O405) is one of Transdev's dedicated charter vehicles, hence why it's in that livery. I saw one of Transdev's Rosas either yesterday or on Monday with a similar livery scheme (except with silver instead of white), so they must be applying this scheme to buses that are normally used for charter and not for route service (i.e. the ex Connex/Crowther's L94/K94IBs).

Makes sense contractually as those high floors aren't required to be repainted into blue and white anyway.
Stu

Post by Stu »

Region 6 Yutong E12 is away being repainted into TfNSW.
J_Busworth
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Post by J_Busworth »

Stu wrote:Region 6 Yutong E12 is away being repainted into TfNSW.
Removing all reference to it being electric as well presumably. I think the TfNSW livery should have a more noticeable decal/special livery for the electric buses, like the Hybrid ones do in Victoria.
https://transportnswblog.com
RIP STA L113s 28/01/93 - 12/01/22
In Transit

Post by In Transit »

J_Busworth wrote:
Stu wrote:Region 6 Yutong E12 is away being repainted into TfNSW.
Removing all reference to it being electric as well presumably. I think the TfNSW livery should have a more noticeable decal/special livery for the electric buses, like the Hybrid ones do in Victoria.
Whilst TfNSW are adept at spinning in press releases, they have very very limited interest or seemingly capability in genuine marketing of any kind. Hence the extraordinary lack of any genuinely distinguishing feature of the electric buses, in terms of livery or branding - surely this is an easy win? The average person has very little chance of noticing the very subtle external references to being an electric bus.

It reflects the same minimalist approach (and capability) seen in wayfinding...

Yet again TfNSW finds itself a unique approach, as if it was the very first operator of public transport in the universe and had to slowly learn it all by trial and error as they go along.
Linto63

Post by Linto63 »

If it's going to be around for a while makes sense, Joe Public isn't interested in what colour a bus is painted and having one with a different front, particularly when it also has a faint destination display, may lead to them thinking it is not their bus and thus letting it sail by.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Linto63 wrote:If it's going to be around for a while makes sense, Joe Public isn't interested in what colour a bus is painted and having one with a different front, particularly when it also has a faint destination display, may lead to them thinking it is not their bus and thus letting it sail by.
I'm Joe Public and so are all the board members :) . Many don't read the signs no matter how clear.
TSE_SecretAni
Favourite Vehicle: Yutong E12, Bustech VST, Orana

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

m/o 5198 has changed livery into Transport NSW from Busabout
Campbelltown busboy

TSE_SecretAni wrote:m/o 5198 has changed livery into Transport NSW from Busabout
That would be Mercedes Benz O500LE Bustech VST m/o 5198 from Interline ex Busabout region 2
iamthouth

Post by iamthouth »

Looking at the fleetlist, Punchbowl appear to now only have two contract buses left in Punchbowl livery, one (809) close to absolute age, and one (5038) close to mid age refurbishment when liveries are updated.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Is Punchbowl's depot actually in Punchbowl?
To think it outlived North and Western Bus Lines. Ken Butt used to manage Punchbowl.
Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Post by Aurora »

How is this little project going, 10 years in and still going?
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
BanksfielderIdiot823
Favourite Vehicle: Volgrens and Ford Falcons

Post by BanksfielderIdiot823 »

Swift wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:18 pm Is Punchbowl's depot actually in Punchbowl?
PBC Depot's actually in the next suburb south: Riverwood.
Though one of their earlier depots was actually within the Punchbowl suburb boundary. (The old Canterbury Council side; not the infamous Bankstown Council side.)
Volgren all day, every day
Dear T80; If the decker's not a Volgren, I'm not interested.
Westbus Fairfield + Dandy Hub = perfection
Good old Collingwood forever.
Long live the potato cake.
Campbelltown busboy

Aurora wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:30 am How is this little project going, 10 years in and still going?
Busabout have only repainted around 3 or 4 buses that where acquired via the region 15 contract from Busways in 7 years witch all have been CB60 Scanias
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

iamthouth wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:13 pm Looking at the fleetlist, Punchbowl appear to now only have two contract buses left in Punchbowl livery, one (809) close to absolute age, and one (5038) close to mid age refurbishment when liveries are updated.
Is 5038 Custom Bus SB400 even a government contract bus or is it their own bus, if it’s their own bus they are not obligated to paint it into TFNSW livery nor not required to pass on that bus to another operator if they are not successful in the next contract renewal
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

see
http://www.punchbowlbus.com.au/about-us/about-us
which is based on an article I wrote many years ago when I lived in the Punchbowl area.
Living in the Shire.
Swift

Post by Swift »

My dad and his brothers went to Punchbowl boys high school. I wonder If you went to that one.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

I was too old for that - it did not open until I started my fourth year of high school at Canterbury High School.
I lived in Punchbowl for about 28 years after I was married.
Living in the Shire.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Did West Bankstown Bus Service routes go near you? I recall you said you were exposed to them in some way.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

From 1950 to 1970 I lived in Condell Park not far from West Bankstown routes but if I needed a bus I mostly used Arthur Wood's route 20. but it finished a bit earlier than West Bankstown so I used it after Wood finished but that was not very often as I usually walked.
Living in the Shire.
Rad

Post by Rad »

From 1950 to 1970 I lived in Condell Park not far from West Bankstown routes but if I needed a bus I mostly used Arthur Wood's route 20. but it finished a bit earlier than West Bankstown so I used it after Wood finished but that was not very often as I usually walked.
I lived nearby. Lived on Route 20 at Condell Park from 1948 to 1970 when I got married. After 8pm had to catch West Bankstown route and walk or occasionally picked up 487 to Bankstown Hospital from Campsie for a bit of variety. 487 didn't extend to Bankstown Central in those days
http://www.guideposttours.com.au & www.guidepost-travel.com
Rail and Coach Tours Worldwide
Railway Adventures

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”