Private Observations 2019

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
BAMBAM

Re: Private Observations 2019

Post by BAMBAM »

Campbelltown busboy wrote:
Stonesourscotty wrote:Anyone know the identity of a single door bus with TSA with white led displays front side and rear? It was on the 835 doing the unofficial shortcut on the 835 yesterday and I didn't note the bus registration down.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
It might have most likely been one of the Volgren bodied Scania K94UBs that got transferred over from CDC when Transit Systems took over region 3 back in 2013
It could also be former Oliveri VST Buses which some are single door, former Hopkinsons CB60 EVO II as some where single doors too, or two former Busabout VST as well as two of the 3 transferred are single doors too.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

BAMBAM wrote:It could also be former Oliveri VST Buses which some are single door, former Hopkinsons CB60 EVO II as some where single doors too, or two former Busabout VST as well as two of the 3 transferred are single doors too.
The trip between Hoxton Park to Kingswood is a 32KM trip with the dead running time between the Hoxton Park depot where all the single door buses in region 3 are based and UWS Kingswood being around 31 minutes
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Transit Systems Inner West’s new K320UB CB80, was lucky to catch a ride on 8095. I like it, and definitely different enough from an STA spec’d CB80, the rectangular shaped windows are much sleeker, the lighting is softer, seat behind driver returns for paying passengers and not luggage (thumbs up), and has the same display of next stops (STA’s newest CB80’s lack this) as seen in the Gemilang BYD electric. I also want to make note of the fact that those nasty, metallic grainy walls are gone and replaced with smooth marble which is really nice. And then the interior has Transit System colours.
0DCDC6A4-3E0E-47BC-AA5C-BD931FA02273.jpeg
0DCDC6A4-3E0E-47BC-AA5C-BD931FA02273.jpeg (135.67 KiB) Viewed 5649 times
4A827122-8A96-4940-8DEB-FB1227F17730.jpeg
4A827122-8A96-4940-8DEB-FB1227F17730.jpeg (124.15 KiB) Viewed 5649 times
ub94k

Post by ub94k »

Stonesourscotty wrote:Anyone know the identity of a single door bus with TSA with white led displays front side and rear? It was on the 835 doing the unofficial shortcut on the 835 yesterday and I didn't note the bus registration down.
I think i saw the bus you're talking about. It was TSA 1285, which is a single door b12ble, travelling down mamre road at around 9:15am today what I thought was out of service. Also what shortcut are you talking about?
Stu

Post by Stu »

m_16010 wrote:Would anyone know when the 3 new Transit Systems Hoxton Park double deckers will be entering service, and whether this means they might operate on routes other than the t80, potentially running all day?
More than likely to be scheduled for T80 and the possible timetable changes in October.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:Transit Systems Inner West’s new K320UB CB80, was lucky to catch a ride on 8095.
Custom certainly looking much better nowadays. Interior photos always appreciated - though I know it's not always easy to get them.
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

tonyp wrote:
Jurassic_Joke wrote:Transit Systems Inner West’s new K320UB CB80, was lucky to catch a ride on 8095.
Custom certainly looking much better nowadays. Interior photos always appreciated - though I know it's not always easy to get them.
Its similar to the previous STA CB80 Scanias
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

BAMBAM wrote:It could also be former Oliveri VST Buses which some are single door, former Hopkinsons CB60 EVO II as some where single doors too, or two former Busabout VST as well as two of the 3 transferred are single doors too.
The trip between Hoxton Park to Kingswood is a 32KM trip with the dead running time between the Hoxton Park depot where all the single door buses in region 3 are based and UWS Kingswood being around 31 minutes
That’s not 100% true as there is one single door ex busabout O500LE bustect at Smithfield. What has dead running have to do in this particular case when they were just asking about a bus having white destination board installed in?
Campbelltown busboy

All the ex CDC and Ex Metrolink single door buses are due for a yellow dot matrix desto to white LED desto update where the orange destos used in the ex Hopkinson's and ex Busabout single door buses are most likely LED so that bus would have been though a yellow dot to white LED desto upgrade
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

Campbelltown busboy wrote:All the ex CDC and Ex Metrolink single door buses are due for a yellow dot matrix desto to white LED desto update where the orange destos used in the ex Hopkinson's and ex Busabout single door buses are most likely LED so that bus would have been though a yellow dot to white LED desto upgrade
Any source to this?
Campbelltown busboy

BAMBAM wrote:
Campbelltown busboy wrote:All the ex CDC and Ex Metrolink single door buses are due for a yellow dot matrix desto to white LED desto update where the orange destos used in the ex Hopkinson's and ex Busabout single door buses are most likely LED so that bus would have been though a yellow dot to white LED desto upgrade
Any source to this?
I gather it would be that other wise I don't know why they would be replacing the displays in a 12 year old bus with well functioning yellow dot destos
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

That does not give the source for the updating in the first place.
Living in the Shire.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

Busways 1285 has had some of the seats cut up sad to see such a new bus trashed like this.

ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Unknown Autobus caught fire at Heatherbrae this afternoon

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/stor ... 73#slide=0
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Campbelltown busboy

Stonesourscotty wrote:Busways 1285 has had some of the seats cut up sad to see such a new bus trashed like this.

That would be ether a bad public housing tenant with a horribly behaved kid or a school student cutting in with a sharp object or 1,000 other reasons for those seats being cut as it's a bus with vinyl seats running though some of western Sydney's worst housing commission areas
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

Stonesourscotty wrote:Busways 1285 has had some of the seats cut up sad to see such a new bus trashed like this.

That would be ether a bad public housing tenant with a horribly behaved kid or a school student cutting in with a sharp object or 1,000 other reasons for those seats being cut as it's a bus with vinyl seats running though some of western Sydney's worst housing commission areas
Yes it was on a Mt Druitt/St Clair route but at 6am seriously... Pathetic..

Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

That doesn't bode well for the "prestige" of the area.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Campbelltown busboy

Stonesourscotty wrote:
Campbelltown busboy wrote:That would be ether a bad public housing tenant with a horribly behaved kid or a school student cutting in with a sharp object or 1,000 other reasons for those seats being cut as it's a bus with vinyl seats running though some of western Sydney's worst housing commission areas
Yes it was on a Mt Druitt/St Clair route but at 6am seriously... Pathetic..

There was a time around the 90s and early 00s where Busways Campbelltown and Interline would have the same issues with routes running though housing commission areas in the Campbelltown LGA as those areas where as bad as the housing commission areas around the Blacktown and Penrith LGAs that are served by Busways western Sydney
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I've found Former Coast & Country Tours Mercedes Austral Starliner bus (TV 7878) in the Newcastle area (won't say where about exactly). It's sitting on a residential street dereg with no plates but still features Coast & Country Tours logo and branding. It's left headlight is smashed (busted) Accreditation is removed. Seats still seem to be there from what I can see so it hasn't been converted to a motorhome yet to whoever owns it.

It's unreg vehicle permit expired two months ago and it still has the brown RMS rego sticker on the window for JAN 18 so that's long expired as well.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
marcnut1996
Favourite Vehicle: Electric buses

Post by marcnut1996 »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-27/ ... e/11553584
Woman fighting for life, 28 injured in NSW bus crash

NSW Ambulance says it is treating almost 30 patients at the scene of a bus crash near Harden, 125 kilometres north west of Canberra.

A 65-year-old woman is in a critical condition after sustaining a serious head injury and a 14-year-old boy is being treated for limb fractures.

Both have been airlifted to Canberra Hospital.

Another 26 patients sustained minor injuries and have been transferred to Harden Hospital.

The bus, being operated by MIA Coaches, was carrying a mix of adults and children from a church group.

NSW Ambulance superintendent Mark Gibbs said most passengers were walking and will just be checked for minor injuries at hospital.

He said there were six paramedics on the scene but local paramedic resources were stretched.

"We have a couple of crews from outlying areas coming into assist the team, but unfortunately at the moment we've had to divert two crews to a male that has fallen off a ladder in Harden as well," he said.

CEO of MIA Coaches Owen Brown said the bus was brand new.

"It left Griffith around 6am and the 53-year-old driver told me that he lost control as he went over a bridge," Mr Brown said.

"I have been in the business for 35 years and we've never had something like this happen in some 25 years."

"It's really awful to hear that these children and their families were injured — we are doing all we can to assist police."

MIA Coaches is a local Griffith business which runs 16 school bus services, as well as chartering buses for school excursions and local events.

The bus driver is on the scene assisting police with inquiries.

The bus ran off Burley Griffin Way on Demondrille Creek Bridge around 8.30am.

The road is still open but has been reduced to one lane and motorists are advised to exercise caution.
Originally a Sydneysider, now a Melburnian
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I'm thinking that it's 8794 MO that was involved and that was a fairly new bus as well. I think it's a definite write off.
Campbelltown busboy

It's lucky that the bus involved in today's bus crash in the Riverina stayed on it's wheels and didn't end up rolling
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Australia has very high standards for bodywork integrity and roll-over protection. This sort of incident makes it all worthwhile.

The Ch 9 coverage this evening claimed the bus "had a steer tyre blow-out while travelling at 110 km/hr". It also mentioned that "damage was so bad passengers had to be removed through the windows"; well it doesn't take much damage to make the door unopenable.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
crazyturbo76
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE/Custom 'CB80'

Post by crazyturbo76 »

I noticed what appeared to be a Volgren-bodied B10M in the parking space at Unreal Minigolf in Penrith today. It appears to have been converted into a mobile "escape room" attraction judging from the advertising on the outside, and appears to be carrying personalised plates (E5CAPE or something like that). My theory so far is it could be ex-Transdev? I didn't get any photos of it but it seems to have gotten some frontal restyling during the conversion process.
BAMBAM

Post by BAMBAM »

crazyturbo76 wrote:I noticed what appeared to be a Volgren-bodied B10M in the parking space at Unreal Minigolf in Penrith today. It appears to have been converted into a mobile "escape room" attraction judging from the advertising on the outside, and appears to be carrying personalised plates (E5CAPE or something like that). My theory so far is it could be ex-Transdev? I didn't get any photos of it but it seems to have gotten some frontal restyling during the conversion process.
If you put in the some of the information you posted into something like google.com.au you'll get to a page something like this which shows the picture of the bus you are talking about.

https://www.facebook.com/escapebusaus/p ... =3&theater

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”