What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

scott

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by scott »

Another brawl at the MCG after the first AFL match between Richmond and Carlton(and Richmond won), a 19 year old got arrested and fined $322.

Someone chucking a tantrum at McDonalds this morning after her coffee took a little too long, they were busy and they were short staffed, only one crew member serving and another one at the coffee machine. I got mine just before her and only waited 5 mins, poor girl behind coffee machine was almost in tears due to this unneccessary abuse. Manager took charge and said security had already been called, anyway called in later and picked up some lunch and found out security had dealt with the monster woman and the McDonalds staff member was back at her post and was OK.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Just like before, another doorbell that have a "you've won the jackpot" tone! (Same as on the CC V2 CB80s.)

What is with some house owners?
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Parents/Guardians that park in bus stops - four of them that I know of today. Made it hard to get off the bus & others getting on.

I've contacted the school (they say they've asked in a newsletter), police, council, Dept. Of Education, bus company but get nowhere and quite often they're the same motorists.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
ArfaBrayne

Post by ArfaBrayne »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:Parents/Guardians that park in bus stops - four of them that I know of today. Made it hard to get off the bus & others getting on.

I've contacted the school (they say they've asked in a newsletter), police, council, Dept. Of Education, bus company but get nowhere and quite often they're the same motorists.
Your phone has a camera.
Take a photo of the offending car with a time tag on the photo and the bus parking sign in the background.
3x photos of the same car and you email them to the local council rangers or police.

Remember sometimes people make honest mistakes (hence the 3x photos before reporting)
Newcastle Flyer

White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Newcastle Flyer

This gives us the "s&#ts.

• People quoting WHOLE posts, especially quoting posts directly above.

• People presuming I didn't take a photo and/or video of cars if parked in bus stops/zones.

ArfaBrayne if you have a look, I've been to the council and police. Council claim they will come out to book them, but don't, and the police just say they have more important things to do. But the council and/or police are very quick to book lots & lots of motorists outside games or events.
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White lives matter too.
paulgersche

Post by paulgersche »

People continually whining about "first world' problems.

Regards,

Paul.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Gas MAN buses 765 and 766 from Muppettville. I wish they'd be scrapped so that they're no longer a problem to me.
Newcastle Flyer

• Seems the voters of several Newcastle area seats haven't learn't to make them marginal seats. Yet again for the umpteenth time these seats are very safe Labor seats.
• Andrew CONstance getting re-elected!
• Admins for allowing offensive and factually incorrect signatures.
• That Michael Daley (NSW opposition leader) was too inexperienced.
White lives matter too.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

- NSW state government right now, I don't like getting into politics but I think a new government is desperately needed
- Gumtree sellers whose listing for an item says (and example) "$350" along with saying the price is negotiable but in the item description they put "taking $400 ONO" so which is it?
- Seeing what appeared to be a PMC MK4 Mercedes-Benz bus in Newcastle as I departed Hamilton station yesterday on a train and not being able to get a photo of it
- Some people in Newcastle have mental health issues and need serious help, yesterday some person came up behind my friend and me as we were waiting for the pedestrian lights to change and made some stupid "BAAAAAAAAA" noise in a deep voice / sound. We both wanted to say something to the person but decided it was best not to start anything, we watched the guy go up to some clinic building and try tugging the door open but it wouldn't open so he walked across the lights again and up the road, we went into a nearby building and just chilled out.
Last edited by ScaniaGrenda on Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Newcastle Flyer

• That Aunt Gladys & her sidekick CONstance are not admitting WHEN they will privatise ALL public transport - and other infrastructure - what's left to privatise that is!

• ScaniaGrenda, don't call people with Intellectual disabilities idiots.

• Calling politicians "monkeys". It's insulting - to the monkeys that is! :lol: Monkeys would do a better job at parliament! :lol:
White lives matter too.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:
• Calling politicians "monkeys". It's insulting - to the monkeys that is! :lol: Monkeys would do a better job at parliament! :lol:
NSW Labor fits the bill. LNP could have if Barry didn't receive that bottle of wine.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Newcastle Flyer

Swift wrote:NSW Labor fits the bill. LNP could have if Barry didn't receive that bottle of wine.
You mean "Back Flip Barry"? :lol:
White lives matter too.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Newcastle Flyer wrote: • ScaniaGrenda, don't call people with Intellectual disabilities idiots.
Well in my opinion that doesn't excuse the guy from doing what he did to me and my friend. Just because you have a disability or mental-health problem doesn't excuse you from your behaviour or actions you perform. I reserve the right to call him out on he's actions, mental health issues or not, you don't go up to someone and scream in their ear or nearly jump scare them, if it wasn't me or my friend standing there it could've been another person and I doubt they would've been as kind to walk it off.

Can they help their actions ? No
But does that make what they do alright? Absolutely not, this is why help is needed (as mentioned in my OP) instead of letting people with questionable mental health issues roam the street
Can they get help and should they? Yes

Edit: I've had time to rethink about what I've mentioned, I now realised after some time to chill out what I said was wrong and I shouldn't have used a certain word, rather I was trying to figure out how to call someone out on their actions who may suffer mental health problems. My sincere apologies.
Last edited by ScaniaGrenda on Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
LB608

Post by LB608 »

Just think how would you liked to be called Idiot,mental people are prome to do anything,we should ask them,do you need any help ,if so what.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Again disability or mental health problems doesn't excuse behaviour, please stop trying to think that just because one suffers a condition or problem their behaviour and any actions they perform is justified and anyone that calls them out is the bad person. I think I should I be counting my stars the person wasn't more unstable and perhaps carrying a knife.

I'm not going to bother arguing further on the case, I've stated my points, please respect them even if you disagree with them.

Edit: After having some further time to think what I've said, I've realised I shouldn't have used the term "idiot" and it wasn't my intentions to get this way, rather I was trying to word out how to call out a persons actions who may have poor mental conditions behaviour, My sincere apologies I take back what I said.
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

How about scum? F*** them, especially if they stop taking their medication.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

The number of times the SCV/SCRs haven't been working on buses. Appalling really.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

SCV/SCRs are what exactly?

I think I found this in Bunnings today. Very unusual. They wanted $25 for it. I think it's the chime for the V2 CB80s.
CCJD2.jpg
CCJD2.jpg (22.76 KiB) Viewed 4357 times
Newcastle Flyer

• Australia's worst lord mayor!: https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5975 ... n/?cs=7573

• The Australian Biased Channel (ABC) (not that the Liberal's News Corp are any better!)

• Oh no, here come the coughers-without-covering-their-mouths again!
White lives matter too.
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

TA3001 wrote:SCV/SCRs are what exactly?
Smart Card Validators/Readers. I'm sure I heard of that abbreviation somewhere here...
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
Newcastle Flyer

• Political parties campaigning at events.
White lives matter too.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Another example of what I described in the previous post... what is with some folks? There a thousands of different doorbell tones out there, yet they have to pick this one!
Newcastle Flyer

• To the news woman that read the news, it's pronounced "My-oon-a", as in Myuna, not "Mun-YA".

• Andrew CONstance as he's roll of transport minister has expanded to include roads, but then why was their separate rolls for transport and roads.
White lives matter too.
Newcastle Flyer

• Passengers that hog seats with prams that are only filled with luggage, and not a baby.

It shouldn't be allowed and the driver/transport inspectors should be allowed to check. Let me guess, the PC Brigade would be against that??

• Giving babies in prams junk food.
White lives matter too.

Return to “The Lunch Room”