What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Newcastle Flyer

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Some aboriginal teenage girls that always seem to have "no tickets" and get on the bus without tickets. Good on the bus driver for saying in a stern voice "You need tickets to travel" but he let them on anyway. But if the driver said "No tickets, no travel", they most likely have would get their parents to take him to the "Anti-discrimination Board" (not that I'd call them that). If it was me, I'd say "No ticket/money, no travel."

And another aboriginal and her friend (according to the same driver) said "Hey no sharing of the same Opal card". Again, if it was me, I'd say to the one witout the Opal car to get off bus.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

^ but but but..making them pay would be racisss!
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I accidentally lost my camera lens cap while on a Mini-Holiday in a National Heritage listed park / jungle whatever (We were on a fixed board-walk and not allowed to walk directly on the floor (grass), I was taking photos and decided to put the cap back on the lens and with the cap I was using at the time it's one of those ones that has to grab points by the side of the cap (and no cable string) as I was putting it back on it decided to bounce out of my hands onto the forest floor below where I couldn't see where it landed, I was a little in shock since the camera is a loner and the person who lent it to me was with me and I was like "I'm so so sorry" and the loner is like "It's a lense cap, it's replaceable, no biggie" I couldn't tell if inside my loaner was upset or not.

Anyway had to go home with one cap for the lense and the other without, I felt like an idiot and only at a place like that does this happen.

I start researching on the way back home for replacement caps for my lens and I found a camera store (Well their website but they have a store near me) that seems to have a MK2 variant of the cap I need, I give them a call (site said to call store to check for stock) and as per my luck they don't have it in stock at their store but could offer to sell me a generic one for $15 (where as the branded one I wanted was only $10), I say to the guy I'll give it a think and part our ways on the call. I go back to their website and decide to see how much it'll cost to get it shipped to me. Well the cap is $10, and postage is... $9.99. Yes $9.99 for a cap no longer than the width of my thumb. That would bring it to $19.99 (including tax and what not). I'm not paying $20 to have a small lid / cap sent to me, what a Rip. If it was $15 yeah I'd be half-and half on the decision but $20 is too much.

I ended up having to buy the same kind of cap off of Ebay and only spent less than $7 (postage was free on this one) on it compared to first of all the $10 for the cap from the shop I wanted It from and extra $9.99 for postage to have it shipped to my address.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:Some aboriginal teenage girls that always seem to have "no tickets" and get on the bus without tickets. Good on the bus driver for saying in a stern voice "You need tickets to travel" but he let them on anyway. But if the driver said "No tickets, no travel", they most likely have would get their parents to take him to the "Anti-discrimination Board" (not that I'd call them that). If it was me, I'd say "No ticket/money, no travel."

And another aboriginal and her friend (according to the same driver) said "Hey no sharing of the same Opal card". Again, if it was me, I'd say to the one witout the Opal car to get off bus.
I almost caused world war 3 when I referred to the racial origin of certain passengers on a bus in a similar context. I think the politically correct way to refer them is passengers, but there are certain types that annoy me way more than others. But again, it would be considered racial discrimination to mention their (most likely) background.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Note to anybody wanting to release a high profile album - whistling is not music you idiots!

And motorbikes that reach 130 decibels that can be heard 15km away. I wish Australia had regulations for these, but it seems to not be the case.

Also, that so-called depot on the corner of Grand Junction and Port Rd... Doesn't even qualify as anything more than a storage yard with fuel pumps and a lunch room. I am so tempted to alert the media about it.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

TA3001 wrote:Coles refusing to put Milk on shelves that expires in more than a week! I wish they'd grow a brain and change this stupid policy...
Maybe it's time to find a better Supermarket chain... Can't say to try name-brand milk because even that stuff isn't always long-lived.

I purchase milk produced by a relatively unknown dairy, Bannister Downs. Definitely a case of where supporting the little guy pays off - the milk is fresher to begin with (Had family that worked there long ago so got some of the goss on them vs the bigger dairies), not to mention it lasts a good week past the Best-Before date, whereas other Supermarket milk brands (i.e. name-brands or the generics) can barely make it to their Best-Before without curdling and going nasty.

As others have said it's basic stock rotation... However, if they have that much milk expiring within the week, it means they're ordering far too much stock. The Supermarket I once worked at ordered enough stock to last until the next delivery. If much more was being ordered, and stock was being discarded, you'd be getting a very serious talking to from the Manager and/or Shop Owners.
Newcastle Flyer

This old man-hating feminist Anne Summers that calls herself a doctor. Doctor means you have XYZ in medicine/health, not just being a "man-hater."
Quotas should be illegal. Should be the best person for XYZ no matter what. I won't call her a "doctor".
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Any Advertisement for the UAP, or better known as the United Australian Party.

I thought Liberal party scare advertisements were just as bad but I think Palmers party is taking the cake this time around this year.

People who feel ill / sick but still ride public Transport, yesterday a lady was on a bus from Thornton KFC to the Start of Astonfield and for the entire trip was coughing loudly & badly and ended up puking at the rear aisle of the bus towards the end of her journey, driver had to pull over after she left and clean it up, it was only a minor puke spill but still.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

So I knock on a person's door (of an identify I won't disclose), and no answer. So I end up pushing the doorbell instead, only to find that it matches the Custom Coaches V2 CB80 jackpot next stop tone precisely.....

What next? Somebody living in a motorhome built by Bustech?
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

TA3001 wrote:So I knock on a person's door (of an identify I won't disclose), and no answer. So I end up pushing the doorbell instead, only to find that it matches the Custom Coaches V2 CB80 jackpot next stop tone precisely.....

Soneone might buy a Bustech bodied bus to convert into a motorhome when they start getting withdrawn from service witch are the earlier batches of Bustech buses witch were built between 1998 and 2002 would be due to be withdrawn anytime from 2022-2023 at the earliest
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Only a V2 CB80 motorhome would be funnier.
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Re: What gives you the S—ts!?

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

TA3001 wrote:So I knock on a person's door (of an identify I won't disclose), and no answer. So I end up pushing the doorbell instead, only to find that it matches the Custom Coaches V2 CB80 jackpot next stop tone precisely.....

The Bustech bus you’re referring to might be the Dysons one.....

Dysons recently sold a Bustech bodied bus. So I’m guessing it’s the Dysons one.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

The Bustech motorhome (in this case) is only hypothetical, not an actual bus.
Newcastle Flyer

• Those brats, I mean BRATS that threw objects at me (the objects looked like a "deformed" chocolate eggs but were harder than them), hitting me in the back of the head giving me a bit of a headache, and it almost hit a father on the other side with a pram in the head also. They must have done that after one of "hooked" himself on the back of the bus with those scooters, after I said "Hey stop that." Edit: It was reported.

• They look to be the same bunch of BRATS that went to the front of the bus the other and were swinging on the hand-holders (whatever they're called) down a steep hill. The driver just continued, and two of us said to stop that.
The driver did nothing, and continued driving the bus, even though he clearly saw them. He should've stopped the bus, and ordered them to stop that - don't think they'd listen though.

Both of said they could've fallen into other passengers.

Bus drivers SHOULD still be allowed to ordered them off the bus.
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
White lives matter too.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to report this to the authorities and have them download the CCTV footage than just complain here? This borders on assault.
Newcastle Flyer

It was. Just because it was posted here, doesn't mean it wasn't reported.
White lives matter too.
scott

Post by scott »

People who are standing on buses and refuse to move down, just stand there staring at thier phones. A had a school kid standing there staring at his phone and the driver could not shut the door, driver asks him to move in, goes through one ear and out the other. I told them firmly to move down and they still refuse to budge, no respect at all.

Some of the teenagers and young adults coming through are a real PITA. Working with them is bad enough.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Ditch politeness and just say "move ya arses!!"
It's your best hope these days.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Reminds me of a gaming event the other day. After one session, several attendees were still sitting at the tables analysing their games, and one of the directors in a fairly audible voice said "quiet please, folks are still playing (or similar)", and those chatting still didn't oblige.

So no long after, another more dareful player yelled out "Could youse all shut the ***k up! I'm trying to play!". This made it loud and clear to the folks who immediately moved out of the area, or lowered their voices sufficiently. Sort of funny in hindsight, despite some of the offenders being well over 50!
scott

Post by scott »

Well mannered people are getting hard to find these days as are people with a sense of humour.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

The Moron in the Subaru WRX who cut off the bus I was on, there I was relaxing on a bus journey looking out whatever I could see from an AOA infested window when next moment I hear the driver honk the Scania's bus horn (and boy those Scania horns are loud), I gave one clap (and would've gone for a longer one) but there were primary school children on board and last thing I wanted to do was be a smart-alec myself.

In regards to Scott's post, I picked up a package the other day that needed to be collected and had my weekly groceries in a bag in the other hand, eventually my bus rolls around and another PAX who was at the bus stop with me just pushes right on through and I had a "that really just happened didn't it?" look on my face. Great I'll remember you for next time so I can do the same back. Saw I had my hands full and instead of politely letting me on first, decides pushing ahead is better.

Idiots who continue to smoke at bus stands or near them, yet if you were the one to tell them their not allowed to smoke here they'll cry and moan to the moon with some phoney excuse their allowed too.

Bus drivers who still continue to drive without Authority cards, akin to driving without a license.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:Bus drivers who still continue to drive without Authority cards, akin to driving without a license.
I messaged Transport For NSW back in December 2017 via Facebook asking about if it was against the rules for a driver to not have a visible authority card while the driver was on the road I’m still waiting for a reply from Transport For NSW on that question
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Went to tap on with my opal card on a bus but the reader said "please wait" and while it was saying that, the driver was busy looking over at some schedule or paperwork, he closes the doors close behind me and he looks like he's getting ready to move on so thinking the Opal machine wasn't working (remember these machines glitch from time to time) or he was just going to tell me to take my seat, I was about to take my seat when I hear an annoyed voice say "uh can you try that again", now he had activated it so I could tap on with my card. It was a less than 50c trip I was taking (only going up the road to meet with another bus)
Swift

Post by Swift »

scott wrote:Well mannered people are getting hard to find these days as are people with a sense of humour.
More chance of finding a unicorn on the moon than finding such a person in Sydney.
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Re: What gives you the S***s!?

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

The Government only caring about the economy more than the residents.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)

Return to “The Lunch Room”