Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
jibb

Re: Current Bus Contracts/Renewals

Post by jibb »

I am sure we will see other bus companies names appear in the next few days.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Companies added today;-
Keolis Downer,Volvo,Dyson
jibb

Post by jibb »

Transit Systems is now added(naturally).
Skexis

Post by Skexis »

jibb wrote:From todays Advertiser;-
New operators for Adelaide's bus network would be expected to scrap under performing services, deliver better services for less money and adapt to new emerging transport options.
The Transport Minister said they are seeking interested bus operators who can do things differently to overhaul the bus network.He said Adelaid'es bus network is stuck in the 20th Century and this new contract is an opportunity to bring 21 st century technology and service delivery methods to Adelaide to benefit commuters..
This step is the next step before asking companies to tender for the contract.
New operators will be asked to grow patronage and enable simplification of Adelaide's Metropolitan Bus Network,Improved integration of bus services with other public transport modes,More frequent and faster services,less under utilised services,greater collaboration with customers,stakeholders and local councils.
Bus operators would be required to deliver higher levels of customer satisfaction-at the heart of this tender will be the need to make our public transport network more customer-focused.
Got to love these politicians who roll out the sound bytes whilst having no clue about what's achievable. Do more for less while scrapping routes and increasing passenger numbers. Yeah, can't see that working out somehow.

Here's a better idea - take buses back into state ownership and let Stephan Knoll run them if he thinks it's so easy. Walk the walk instead of just talking the talk.
nscaler69

Post by nscaler69 »

wrote:bus operators who can do things differently to overhaul the bus network.He said Adelaid'es bus network is stuck in the 20th Century and this new contract is an opportunity to bring 21 st century technology and service delivery methods to Adelaide to benefit commuters..
This step is the next step before asking companies to tender for the contract.
New operators will be asked to grow patronage and enable simplification of Adelaide's Metropolitan Bus Network,Improved integration of bus services with other public transport modes,More frequent and faster services,less under utilised services,greater collaboration with customers,stakeholders and local councils.
Bus operators would be required to deliver higher levels of customer satisfaction-at the heart of this tender will be the need to make our public transport network more customer-focused
Next state election WE need to change the wording slightly and use it as the requisite for the political party that wins power.
Last edited by nscaler69 on Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anagram: Timetable - bet I'm late
Skexis

Post by Skexis »

TWU literature seen at work today predicting erosion of terms and conditions plus pay cuts. Also they seem to think the Govt would prefer a single contractor running all of Adelaide's buses. Anyone know anything about this?
jibb

Post by jibb »

Skexis wrote:TWU literature seen at work today predicting erosion of terms and conditions plus pay cuts. Also they seem to think the Govt would prefer a single contractor running all of Adelaide's buses. Anyone know anything about this?
I have heard that before about the Government wanting to have a single operator running the Bus Network.
I thought the current arrangement with 2 companies running the system worked well.
As tenders closed for expressions of interest on the 14th February, we should know the result by the end of March if new contracts come into force on July 1st.!
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

Based on an article published today the bus contracts run until 2020. So still over a year until a potential change of contractors.

Interesting discussion about the 98 and 99 Adelaide Free buses too -
https://indaily.com.au/news/local/2019/ ... r-a-cloud/
Crispy!
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O405NH

Post by Crispy! »

hillsbus wrote:Based on an article published today the bus contracts run until 2020. So still over a year until a potential change of contractors.

Had a little read how little do they know? "media sites" such as InDaily, Adelaide Now, know what's going on with the contracts?

The City Connector services are provided by Torrens Transit however according to fleetlists 1902 and 1903 are owned by Adelaide City Council?

Torrens Transit
Think about it I don't think senior director of Transit Systems would of done those big changes the transitioning of the takeover from LCB in October if he hasn't got the contract again I could be wrong, as for Keolis Downer Southlink not quite sure what's happening there.
BUSWAY EQUIPPED:
PLEASE CHECK GUIDEWHEELS
BEFORE DEPARTURE.
Former driver37

Post by Former driver37 »

Crispy! wrote:
hillsbus wrote:Based on an article published today the bus contracts run until 2020. So still over a year until a potential change of contractors.

Had a little read how little do they know? "media sites" such as InDaily, Adelaide Now, know what's going on with the contracts?

The City Connector services are provided by Torrens Transit however according to fleetlists 1902 and 1903 are owned by Adelaide City Council?

Torrens Transit
Think about it I don't think senior director of Transit Systems would of done those big changes the transitioning of the takeover from LCB in October if he hasn't got the contract again I could be wrong, as for Keolis Downer Southlink not quite sure what's happening there.
Thats excatly my thought why would TT spend a bucket load of money make changes to services bring back J1 etc just to run it for 12 months? My suspicion is that the government will keep the things the way they are for another contract term
jibb

Post by jibb »

I have been told the results of the successful tenderer/s to operate Adelaide's Bus Services from July this year will be announced on the 14th. February.
No rumours floating around as yet.
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

Any one heard if an announcement has occurred today as yet?
jibb

Post by jibb »

hillsbus wrote:Any one heard if an announcement has occurred today as yet?
Nothing happened today.Maybe next week?
Former driver37

Post by Former driver37 »

jibb wrote:
I heard a rumor it's going to be announced this coming Wednesday guess we just have to sit abs and wait
Volvo B12B Driver
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B12BLE

Post by Volvo B12B Driver »

Nothing happened today.Maybe next week?[/quote]

Ive heard this week too, perhaps on Friday but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

I've heard a few rumours but I won't publicly say what they are.
Ceb

Post by Ceb »

I wonder why it’s taking so long for a decision to come out. Anyone know what the hold up is?
jibb

Post by jibb »

Volvo B12B Driver wrote:

Ive heard this week too, perhaps on Friday but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

I've heard a few rumours but I won't publicly say what they are.[/quote]
Another day goes by and still nothing. Looking more and more like next week?
Skexis

Post by Skexis »

When it happens, it happens.
jibb

Post by jibb »

It would appear that the amounts tendered by the different bus companies is too high,which is unacceptable to the Government.
So they have been told to go back to the drawing board and review their tenders and resubmit-could be a while now before results are known.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Perhaps they ought to be careful what they wish for, lest they end up with all of Adelaide turning into the (failed) Light City Buses operation...
jibb

Post by jibb »

Merc1107 wrote:Perhaps they ought to be careful what they wish for, lest they end up with all of Adelaide turning into the (failed) Light City Buses operation...
Or just one company running the whole lot,or no company re-tendering unless the Government offers them more?
Crispy!
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O405NH

Post by Crispy! »

Merc1107 wrote:Perhaps they ought to be careful what they wish for, lest they end up with all of Adelaide turning into the (failed) Light City Buses operation...
Yeah we don’t want a repeat of that.
BUSWAY EQUIPPED:
PLEASE CHECK GUIDEWHEELS
BEFORE DEPARTURE.
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

Maybe the government doesn't realise it can't get it wants for a 'cheap' price that it's after!

The last thing you want is some of the companies then deciding they don't want to run at next to no profit, or break even, or at a loss, and they pull out of the race, leaving fewer companies to choose from, and possibly 'lower quality' companies. Hence LCB... :?
Volvo B12B Driver
Favourite Vehicle: Volvo B12BLE

Post by Volvo B12B Driver »

jibb wrote:It would appear that the amounts tendered by the different bus companies is too high,which is unacceptable to the Government.
So they have been told to go back to the drawing board and review their tenders and resubmit-could be a while now before results are known.
That wouldn't surprise given the bad state of the budget in South Australia at moment.

If drags on much longer than the new contracts and operators (if that happens), probably won't happen in July. The current Liberal government in SA couldn't organize a chook raffle.
Adlbus

Post by Adlbus »

Eagle Eye wrote:Maybe the government doesn't realise it can't get it wants for a 'cheap' price that it's after!

The last thing you want is some of the companies then deciding they don't want to run at next to no profit, or break even, or at a loss, and they pull out of the race, leaving fewer companies to choose from, and possibly 'lower quality' companies. Hence LCB... :?
Pretty sure that is the reason Serco gave to pullout years ago. Same with LCB.....

With the current two operators there is certainly a focus on on-time running... This is better for the public

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”