Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Stu

Re: Private Observations 2019

Post by Stu »

^ Okay thanks.
Mboi84

Post by Mboi84 »

Just noticed a orange and white busways north coast bus heading west towards penrith. Says it's busways north coast but I like the colour scheme. Not sure what it's doing down here though.

Sorry for bad pic btw.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

Was it a custom bodied bus? As penrith do inspections for other busways depots on custom bodied stock
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

More likely a new delivery as the orange and white buses are based away from Sydney.
Living in the Shire.
ay7744
Favourite Vehicle: HSV GTSR W1

Post by ay7744 »

Fleet List is showing that Forest Coach Lines has 3x MAN ND323F Gemilang DD's on order, what routes does Forest plan to utilise these new DDs on, do they really need more DDs? Also are these DDs going to have USB chargers like the B-Line ones?
Attachments
Forest DDs.PNG
Custom Bus Group > Volgren
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

ay7744 wrote:Fleet List is showing that Forest Coach Lines has 3x MAN ND323F Gemilang DD's on order, what routes does Forest plan to utilise these new DDs on, do they really need more DDs? Also are these DDs going to have USB chargers like the B-Line ones?
I'd like to know myself, given Forest's hardly makes use of the double decker anyway as it is. Forest rather uniquely also has those Custom CB60 artics for high capacity travel, for some reason I like them much better than their STA counterparts, but these days they're unfortunately a weekday peak hour exclusivity. I see Forest is also ordering even more CB80's - my least favourite CB80's are actually in fact Forest's. They all sound and look the same, and the seats are horrible. The Bustech is lovely however

Looks like the Gemilang body is proving popular with TfNSW, B-line fleet, then a moderate sized order of standard buses as a welcome gift for the TSA R6 contract and now more Gemilang deckers.'

Surely deckers will become somewhat more redundant when the Metro North West very soon opens? Do we know yet what will happen with the CDC network as we do for rough plans for Eastern Suburbs buses after light rail opens?
Glen

Post by Glen »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:Surely deckers will become somewhat more redundant when the Metro North West very soon opens? Do we know yet what will happen with the CDC network as we do for rough plans for Eastern Suburbs buses after light rail opens?
I'd imagine they'll still be busy on the 607X.
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

Additional new Hillsbus CDis are also in build at the moment.
swtt

Post by swtt »

Glen wrote:
Jurassic_Joke wrote:Surely deckers will become somewhat more redundant when the Metro North West very soon opens? Do we know yet what will happen with the CDC network as we do for rough plans for Eastern Suburbs buses after light rail opens?
I'd imagine they'll still be busy on the 607X.
I can see 607x eventually going fully DD one day - the T-way has taken years to build up patronage, but it's now very healthy.
J_Busworth
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Post by J_Busworth »

My Grandfather lives near the Abbott T-Way stop, he claims that unless the 607x service is operators by a decker or is too full to get on unless it’s late at night. For him (and a few other stops) the NW Metro is too far to be quicker than the existing bus service. Even if deckers were to become redundant, they would be idiotic to remove the 607x in its entirety
https://transportnswblog.com
RIP STA L113s 28/01/93 - 12/01/22
MotorOmnibus8562
Favourite Vehicle: Hybrid/Electric lowfloors.

Post by MotorOmnibus8562 »

J_Busworth wrote:My Grandfather lives near the Abbott T-Way stop, he claims that unless the 607x service is operators by a decker or is too full to get on unless it’s late at night. For him (and a few other stops) the NW Metro is too far to be quicker than the existing bus service. Even if deckers were to become redundant, they would be idiotic to remove the 607x in its entirety
Sydney is growing city and I think it’s best to keep the deckers considering all these new development areas.
Only Stupid people invented vapes.
Betting ads are pests
Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, Corn, A post on this thread, corn
Dyson's #463 - Beast! 8)
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

Jurassic_Joke wrote: Do we know yet what will happen with the CDC network as we do for rough plans for Eastern Suburbs buses after light rail opens?
From the NWRL EIS:

From the Showground, Bella Vista, and Kellyville Precinct Plans:

BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

PBC Goulburn are using 1549 MO, which is a Scania K280IB/Higer A30 coach, to provide the town services today instead of the usual low floor.
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

BroadGauge wrote:PBC Goulburn are using 1549 MO, which is a Scania K280IB/Higer A30 coach, to provide the town services today instead of the usual low floor.
Perhaps it's Goulburn's wheelchair and pram-free day. I boarded one of these coachy things on a rail substitution at Kiama recently and I had difficulty getting up the stairs. It was like a ladder. Getting out I swung myself down on my arms using the rails, navy-style!
Lenny
Favourite Vehicle: Volgren SC222

Post by Lenny »

Premier Charters and Dions Bus Service in Wollongong regulary make use of their Volgren Endura high floor on public routes quite often too.
crazyturbo76
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE/Custom 'CB80'

Post by crazyturbo76 »

Spotted Transit Systems' 1210 (an ex T-way "first-series" B12BLE, ex-1535 IIRC) with a different type of Coachair air-conditioning pod on the top today; the pod looks more like the ones on CDC's recent batch of B7s than the standard Coachair pods found on most of the STA 14xx and 15xx B12BLEs. Is TSA refurbing their ex-STA B12BLEs with new A/C systems or something? This is the first time I've seen something like this to be honest.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

crazyturbo76 wrote:Spotted Transit Systems' 1210 (an ex T-way "first-series" B12BLE, ex-1535 IIRC) with a different type of Coachair air-conditioning pod on the top today; the pod looks more like the ones on CDC's recent batch of B7s than the standard Coachair pods found on most of the STA 14xx and 15xx B12BLEs. Is TSA refurbing their ex-STA B12BLEs with new A/C systems or something? This is the first time I've seen something like this to be honest.
It has happened before Busabout changed the A/C system of Volvo B10M Custom 510 m/o 1016 from Carrier to Coolteck when it went for it's TNSW blue and white repaint back in 2012
Stonesourscotty

So Busways are delivering these new Mercedes Volgren's to Blacktown but then entering service at Penrith???
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Not if it is in orange and white which is their country livery.
Living in the Shire.
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

As with most new Busways vehicles, the accredited depot put on the side in the factory is outdated by the time the final depot is decided.
Stonesourscotty

These new busways vehicles are in the tfnsw livery.

Note if anyone wants to see the optare tempo sr it regularly is in St Mary's at 4:50
gilberations

Post by gilberations »

Has anyone heard anything in the CDC company rebranding? Is it still happening?
Stonesourscotty

1287 has entered service with busways it's on the 774 just gone past nepean hospital penrith bound. Very quiet bus has Blacktown legal details on it though??
crazyturbo76
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE/Custom 'CB80'

Post by crazyturbo76 »

Stonesourscotty wrote:1287 has entered service with busways it's on the 774 just gone past nepean hospital penrith bound. Very quiet bus has Blacktown legal details on it though??
As Daniel mentioned above it probably hasn't had its' accreditation changed by the depot yet. 1285 has the same issue.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”