• Advertisement

What makes you happy today?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Re: What makes you happy today?

Postby TA3001 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:50 pm

Swift wrote:He should be glad he kissed arse at the end because that conduct was uncalled for.

It reminds me of a trip on Adelaide's most vile bus where the driver pulled up in the layover zone at West Lakes, before even entering the interchange to finish the run. I had to yell out to get him to continue to the point where he was by default required to stop anyway.

Typical Newt***s
TA3001

Favourite Vehicle: Hills B58. In service - 1640

Postby Swift » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:14 pm

^ He may not have seen you. I remember one time as a bus driver, I was near the end of my trip in an 0305 and I was curious to see how well the brakes performed , so as I made the bus lurch forward (I knew there was no cars behind me as I had just rounded a corner and checked my side mirrors for the all clear), I heard a lady go ohhh and there was an elderly woman sitting right behind me.
She said you gave me a fright. She was ok about it luckily after I apologised and explained I thought the bus was empty.
2582 in George Street Haymarket 2005.
Ahh..round tops! Remember those?
Swift

Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Postby Swift » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:17 pm

Back to subject, I got to use a Victa 160cc two stroke mower I found and fixed up and it runs like a top. Cuts like scissors after sharpening the blades on my bench grinder.
Swift

Postby captainch » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:18 pm

Swift wrote: I heard a lady go ohhh and there was an elderly woman sitting right behind me.
She said you gave me a fright. She was ok about it luckily after I apologised and explained I thought the bus was empty.
..................I had somthing like that a huge semi cut in front of me latter I caught up with him opened my drivers window called him every name under the sun......................next minute a quite voice said say one for me driver!.............a elderly nun was siting right behind me..............................talk about embarresed thought the bus was empty as I drove like a madman to catch up with him................................she got of & said may god be with you have a nice day! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: PAYS TO LOOK BEHIND YOU FIRST BE FORE OPENING MOUTH.
captainch

Location: Retirement village! Bushland Beach TOWNSVILLE NTH QLD.
Favourite Vehicle: was 3533 m/o 687

Postby Swift » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:17 pm

Lol you probably made her day. I don't think a face plant into the drivers cab would have made my passenger's day or mine (fortunately didn't happen).
I was traveling home in a bus one time and a fellow driver was talking to me through the mirror what a shitty run the 273 was at that time of day etc and gave the the oops look when he realised a passenger was right behind him.
Luckily he didn't say some real hard core stuff. :oops:
Swift

Postby TA3001 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:05 pm

Knowing this day will finally be over by midnight...
TA3001

Postby TA3001 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:02 pm

Swift wrote:^ He may not have seen you. I remember one time as a bus driver, I was near the end of my trip in an 0305 and I was curious to see how well the brakes performed , so as I made the bus lurch forward (I knew there was no cars behind me as I had just rounded a corner and checked my side mirrors for the all clear), I heard a lady go ohhh and there was an elderly woman sitting right behind me.

Wouldn't logic dictate checking all mirrors to confirm that there are no passengers aboard, before pulling over and getting out presumably to have a cancer stick? Also, he failed to complete the run. So by the time he pulled into West Lakes, the BCU would have shown up as running potentially 15 minutes late, which may have gotten the attention of the coordinator that views the computer screens at Mile End.

This fella was from the Adelaide's most notorious bus depot anyway. If you want to hear more about occurrences involving 'drivers' from this eastern suburbs planet, feel free to ask.
TA3001

Postby The Phonj » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:36 pm

TA3001 wrote:Wouldn't logic dictate checking all mirrors to confirm that there are no passengers aboard, before pulling over and getting out presumably to have a cancer stick? Also, he failed to complete the run. So by the time he pulled into West Lakes, the BCU would have shown up as running potentially 15 minutes late, which may have gotten the attention of the coordinator that views the computer screens at Mile End.

This fella was from the Adelaide's most notorious bus depot anyway. If you want to hear more about occurrences involving 'drivers' from this eastern suburbs planet, feel free to ask.

From experience, there are blind spots (eg the seat immediately behind the driver) that are encountered when trying to ascertain if the bus is empty via the mirror. The driver may have checked the mirror but if you were sitting in one of these blind spots not seen you.
Get the Firefox internet browser at: http://www.firefox.com
Watch out for ghostly bus drivers!
The Phonj
Administrator

Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200, PMCSA body

Postby Swift » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:57 pm

The Phonj wrote:
From experience, there are blind spots (eg the seat immediately behind the driver) that are encountered when trying to ascertain if the bus is empty via the mirror. The driver may have checked the mirror but if you were sitting in one of these blind spots not seen you.

As my brake test incident attests to. I was completely convinced there was no one on my bus.
Swift

Postby ScaniaGrenda » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:37 pm

Honestly getting my first photo of an EX STA Mercede-Benz 0405 PMC MKV bus. It's been on my personal to do list of "bus" photos to take" for a while now but their pretty rare down in Newcastle so it isn't likely you'll come across one everyday. Now If I can get an 0305 That'll be sweet

I'm still interested in building up my PMC bus photo collection as I don't have many photos of PMC's since again their rare down here now days because most bus companies that use to have them have previously withdrawn them.
ScaniaGrenda

Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to The Lunch Room