What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Swift »

When an independent supermarket down my street did this. Pay attention to the second yellow ticket from the bottom, and see what is on the shelf above it. Then see second pic for the correct price on their regular shelf. I suspect this was no innocent mistake.
Attachments
IMG_20181016_170936-563x1000.jpg
IMG_20181016_170944-1000x563.jpg
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Still not knowing exactly how long MAN SL202 CNG 1640 is capable of sitting on 60kph for, before it starts to self destruct...
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Swift wrote:When an independent supermarket down my street did this. Pay attention to the second yellow ticket from the bottom, and see what is on the shelf above it. Then see second pic for the correct price on their regular shelf. I suspect this was no innocent mistake.
Having worked in a Supermarket before, one is supposed to check the PLU codes against the original ticket on the shelf. Sometimes there are misprints, or the person putting the tickets up has made a mistake.

I can't imagine it's deliberate. What sort of Manager wants to create upset customers!? There are a lot more receipt-readers in the community than you think, let me tell you that. If it's a frequent issue, either someone is incredibly lazy (the endless issues most shops have with staff failing to rotate stock attests to this) or maybe you're right.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Merc1107 wrote: I can't imagine it's deliberate. What sort of Manager wants to create upset customers!? There are a lot more receipt-readers in the community than you think, let me tell you that. If it's a frequent issue, either someone is incredibly lazy (the endless issues most shops have with staff failing to rotate stock attests to this) or maybe you're right.
Someone has obviously knowingly put the Gaietys in place of the Choc Wheatens knowing there is a ticket there for them. They either didn't give a fig that it could trick someone into selecting them and paying the higher price, or it was deliberate. I see things like this from the major chains all too frequently, but this is a franchised store and I have been noticing more insulting discounts as little as 10c off with a big ticket signifying it when it's really no discount of worth. Twice in recent weeks, I have been charged the full price over a substantial discount stated on the shelf at this store. I now check my dockets most times before leaving the store.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Multiple petrol stations and fast food outlets having only door for public access, with the rest being locked at least after hours. This seems to be a recent thing, but I can't understand the reason for it.

One example is the 'On The Run' on the corner of Currie St and West Terrace in Adelaide. You can only access it from the southern end (near the bowsers) after a certain time of day.
BroadGauge
Favourite Vehicle: Car

Post by BroadGauge »

TA3001 wrote:Multiple petrol stations and fast food outlets having only door for public access, with the rest being locked at least after hours. This seems to be a recent thing, but I can't understand the reason for it.
Because they're trying to monitor who comes in to avoid an armed robbery situation?

In the eastern states, it's quite common for petrol stations to only have a "night window" that is open at night, so that no customers can actually enter the door. The majority of sites which don't have one will usually lock their doors at night, and manually unlock them when a customer that is not perceived to be a threat wishes to enter.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Being not far off from where some rare buses are (these could be buses that were very rarely made for a specific bus model or not that many that are in the region) but very rarely are they out on service except for specific reasons or school routes.

For instance There's 3 (well 2 remaining in service since the 3rd one sits Dereg at the back of the Depot currently) Csepel CB60's at the Thonrton HVB Depot but it's never on route service, only seen on school bus routes, I doubt either two have got much life in them left before they get withdrawn in the next couple of years and I'd be happy if I got to ride them just once but as I mentioned it's kept to school service and that's it, never seen them on Rail replacement duties which you'd think they'd bring these sorts of buses out for.

Maybe there's something I'm missing with these buses, maybe a regulation or something that's preventing them from being used in public service runs but are okay to be used on school runs, I don't know exactly what but it saddens me 2 such rare buses are going to be spending the rest of their time on school bus only routes for the duration or remainder of their time in operation.
Last edited by ScaniaGrenda on Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

3 pushbikes on the bus.

Edit: Large pushbikes that she had them in the way slightly. If you two wanted to go to the station, you should ride your bikes to the station. :x
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Swift

Post by Swift »

^ isn't that a no no? The driver should be dobbed on.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Yes! Not sure if it's the same driver, but a number of drivers have allowed push bikes on. I thought they have bikes for a reason - to ride.
https://transportnsw.info/travel-info/u ... surfboards

On buses
Bicycles cannot be taken on buses because they are difficult to stow without inconveniencing or potentially endangering other passengers.

Surfboards can be taken on board, although the driver may refuse if the service is at capacity.
Your bike or board must not prevent other passengers from getting a seat
Both of them took up 6 seats.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I Went to KFC to get lunch earlier in the day, get told to wait 3 minuets by the register employee because I'm paying by card while he serves people paying cash at a cash only register, wait ended up being more than 10 minuets and my order still had not been taken nor did I get served by anyone else, eventually in the end they wanted me to go to an ATM to get cash out if I was intending on ordering because for some reason that KFC decided to take cash only payments at that time despite their EFTPOS machines being fully up and running, ended up walking off without a cent being spent there, was not pleased with the time wasted and that I was kept waiting for so long and that they wanted me to get cash out in the end. Would've spoken to a manager but I had a bus to catch.

Pathetic
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift

Post by Swift »

What year is this, 1994? You have good cause to contact head office. A major company like KFC have no excuses for these policies on card purchases.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Might as well on Monday if I remember. Why they'd only have one employee on the registers and prioritising cash over electronic payments if the terminal isn't down is way beyond me. Register clerk probably got no say in how it's running so I'd say managers decision and I would've liked what he / she would've had to say about this if I got to speak to them, unfortunately I reached my boiling point and just chose to walk off instead of speaking to a manager even tho I still had around 10 minuets before I'd have to go get my bus. I don't blame the register clerk for all of this but he should of told me straight up what's going on if I was unable to pay by card instead of saying "yeah 3 minuets wait" and then walking back to the cash only register lane. May I mentioned that this happened at a very very busy shopping centre food court, not their own property one.

I'm a fair going person and all and I know their jobs aren't easy especially when it comes to busy hours but the service I received today was downright disgraceful & poor

I don't know the whole story either, why they only had one register open taking & prioritising CASH PAYMENTS only if their eftpos wasn't down (i even looked at their own machines as mentioned in my OP and it was crystal clear it was working) and if wasn't working despite what the terminal says, why the lack of signage and why keep me waiting there if I told the guy I was paying by card because I'm definitely not going to go and pay by cash at any point.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Smh. Absolutely ludicrous. I bet if PepsiCo found out, they would investigate for sure.
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

PepsiCo no longer owns KFC, in fact they haven't done so since 1997.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Moses Investments, whoever.
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

The near appalling design standards of virtually all the modern bus body interiors that I've seen for myself.

There wasn't much wrong with the ones built from around 2009. Why have they suddenly gone downhill?
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

And there's a new article on the ABC news website mentioning the possible demise of the apostrophe. It sounds like it's a campaign initiated by lazy phone users who cant type a phrase in an legible manner by themselves, even if it isnt one referring to the stupidity of this proposal.

I purposely left out the ' in two words just to indicate what it would look like.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Two complete @$$holes who tailgated me in a 60 zone on Avoca Drive on the early hours this morning who didn't like being made to adhere to the limit, so each took it upon themselves to tear around me like I was sitting still, one over a painted median(!) an the other crossing double unbroken lines. They plainly didn't give AF what they were doing, the scum. The Central Coast of NSW is full of this redneck trash. Not enough Police up here.
Little do they know I got them on dash cam. They will be appearing on YouTube eventually.
scott

Post by scott »

Channel 7 putting that trash Bride and Prejudice on for three nights a week. Thank god for YouTube.

Some millennial woman standing at a self service checkout like a statue staring at her mobile phone, when it was her turn, she does not move, so I go to the checkout, then she throws a tantrum stating I jumped the queue, I say, you could of gone, as it was your turn, but you continued to stand there like a statue. I am starting to lose my patience.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Going past a charity shop on my lunch break today

An old man (say in he's 60's - 70's) donated some stuff, wants to know how much he'll get for it for donating there :roll:

Volunteer worker says (and this isn't word for word) "This is a charity store, we can't pay you anything for donating". I think the guy was a little upset over it but come on, it was a clearly marked charity shop and if you've ever been around charity stores or shopped at them, it's not hard to miss that if you donate something you'll get nothing for it (not even store credit) so why this guy was asking for what he'll get for donating is beyond me :roll:

If he wanted money for those items he donated he should've just sold them on Ebay or locally via gumtree.
Centralian

Post by Centralian »

I also cringe when customers haggle over the price of an already low priced item. And while on Op Shops, my big whinge
is when they put the yellow price tag on the front cover of a book - the one's attached with super glue and that
break into 5 or 6 pieces as you try to later remove them. I've seen some great books ruined this way.
Think for yourself, while it's still legal !
Swift

Post by Swift »

Channel Nine using their ACA interview with Barbara Streisand to bash on Trump, showing selected snippets from his 2016 campaign to show him as negative as possible.
Barbara claiming he won simply because Americans were against a woman as president. No Barbara you imbecile, it was because it was Hillary Clinton!
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Centralian wrote:is when they put the yellow price tag on the front cover of a book - the one's attached with super glue and that
Those? Don't get me started on those

It's not only charity shops that are guilty of this but Newsagents as well, why does a newsagent need to slap a sticker on the front of the magazine cover? Why can't they just put it somewhere less out of the way say... the inside of the cardboard cover page?

I think there's ways to get those stickers & their pesky adhesive off but be prepared to get really upset with yourself if things don't go to plan and you end up doing more damage to the book / magazine / whatever than what it took to slap that little sticker on there in the first place.
Centralian wrote:I also cringe when customers haggle over the price of an already low priced item.
Heh I remember reading somewhere on another discussion board about users sharing their gumtree selling experiences, I don't remember how this post goes fully but OP of one post was selling a microwave and some Indian guy was haggling with the price and I don't think OP was taking any of it and was firm what he wanted for it, eventually it ends in the Indian guy cutting the cable wire (power plug) that the microwave uses now leaving it as a huge useless brick and eventually taking off, man was OP furious.

I hardly buy from Gumtree anymore as contacting sellers is a PIA since they don't state their preferred contact method and you contact them with whatever contact method they've got listed and you don't hear back from them because they don't use that method you used to contact them.. well why not state it in the listing then?

Last thing I got off Gumtree was a Sony Video Camera (last year) and before that a new GPU to replace my ageing one. At least I'm one of the few people who actually show up when agreeing to buy something off someone and usually don't fuff around, I just pay them what they want for it skipping any haggling hassles (even if their negotiable on it) .

Return to “The Lunch Room”