Route idea - Black CAT. EQBS - Perth Busport

Perth / Western Australia Transport Discussion

Moderators: perthbus, Mr OC Benz

TP1288
Favourite Vehicle: Noisy ZF's!!!!

Route idea - Black CAT. EQBS - Perth Busport

Post by TP1288 »

Now first: This route is only and IDEA and I thought of it because we need a shuttle to Perth Busport to EQBS.

Route Details:
Number 4/Name Black CAT
Frequency: Every 5 minutes.
Variants: 4A starts from Perth Busport.
4B starts from EQBS.
4C direct express shuttle from Perth Busport to EQBS in peak

Route 4B: Starts at EQBS B road, goes around EQBS to, the William Street exit then up William and Left onto Wellington ST in to the
Busport (Stops in same section as current CATS), goes out to Milligan ST , turns onto Roe ST, turns onto Horseshoe Bridge, Goes down William ST to B road in EQBS.

I would like feedback please. Rgds, TP1288
0405's Rule!
Shoudy Chen

Re: Route idea - Black CAT. EQBS - Perth Busport

Post by Shoudy Chen »

That might be a good idea, however there might share the same routes as 114 and 115 (as it terminates at the Perth Busport). We have 4 CAT Bus routes in the CBD - Blue Cat, Green Cat, Yellow Cat and Red Cat. With the arrival of Volvo B8s into the CAT fleet, this would be a lot harder.
TP1288

Post by TP1288 »

Reroute from Shoudy's feedback: L onto Mill ST, right onto St Georges Terrace, L onto King ST, R onto Murray ST, L onto William ST then it goes back to the original route
Rgds, TP1288
0405's Rule!
Mr OC Benz
Favourite Vehicle: Anything German

Post by Mr OC Benz »

What is the point of this? Why do we need a shuttle when there'll be bus routes running (frequently enough) between the two stations again soon.
TP1288

Post by TP1288 »

Because it covers all the city interchanges EQBS, Perth Station, Perth Busport, and EQ Station & Jetty.
0405's Rule!
Mr OC Benz

Post by Mr OC Benz »

They are already covered though through existing service connections. Elizabeth Quay is one precinct, Perth is one precinct. I.e. you can easily walk between the different transport modes.
TP1462
Favourite Vehicle: B7RLE, OC500LE, 0305, B10M.

Post by TP1462 »

This seems fairly pointless to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

But another good one is a Black CAT that drives from the start of EQBS and going along Spring St then turning right onto Mount St. It will go straight onto Milligan St. Turning Right onto Wellington St and going all the way straight into Waterloo Crescent. Turning Right onto Nile St and a right turn to Gloucester Park and proceeding onto Nelson Avenue. A left turn onto Hale St and right onto Hay St. Turning left onto Plain St and a right turn onto St Georges Tce and left onto William St to return to Esplanade. Hopefully this would work better when people would go to the AFL, Cricket, and other sporting events at the new Perth Stadium in 2018.
Attachments
Perth Black CAT.png
Perth Black CAT.png (280.49 KiB) Viewed 14629 times
TP1288

Post by TP1288 »

Kinda good Shoudy but it would be pointless for the stadium unless they brought in a new ferry service.
0405's Rule!
sylar

Post by sylar »

The above area outlined is already covered by sufficient Red and Yellow CAT services, plus there are plenty of other routes running along St Georges Tce and Wellington St. No need to add another bus route to these two roads which are already heavily populated with bus services. As for Elizabeth Quay to Perth Busport just jump on the train at EQ get off at Perth Underground and walk the remainder to the busport via the underground pedestrian tunnel which is quick and easy.
TP1288

Post by TP1288 »

Should we just make this thread unactive?
0405's Rule!
Mr OC Benz

Post by Mr OC Benz »

Shoudy Chen wrote:But another good one is a Black CAT that drives from the start of EQBS and going along Spring St then turning right onto Mount St. It will go straight onto Milligan St. Turning Right onto Wellington St and going all the way straight into Waterloo Crescent. Turning Right onto Nile St and a right turn to Gloucester Park and proceeding onto Nelson Avenue. A left turn onto Hale St and right onto Hay St. Turning left onto Plain St and a right turn onto St Georges Tce and left onto William St to return to Esplanade. Hopefully this would work better when people would go to the AFL, Cricket, and other sporting events at the new Perth Stadium in 2018.
As a route effective at bringing people from the Stadium to CBD car parks (and vice-versa), it's a good concept. But not as a permanent service.
TP1288 wrote:Kinda good Shoudy but it would be pointless for the stadium unless they brought in a new ferry service.
A pedestrian bridge between the Stadium and around Gloucester Park is being built. This is also where the Perth CBD Event Shuttle Bus Stands will be to transport people to/from the car parks within the City of Perth (as in the map from Shoudy's post).
TP1288

Post by TP1288 »

Oh ok MR O.C.B. Yeah seems good as a temporary service but not full time.
0405's Rule!
TP1173
Favourite Vehicle: High Floors!

Post by TP1173 »

EQBS to Perth Busport is pointless.

The Black Cat is a bit pointless. 960 services the top half and the bottom is serviced by the St Georges Tce stack of services.

I guess as a footy shuttle - but I don't know it would need the name black cat lol :lol:
TP1173
Favourite Vehicle: High Floors!

Post by TP1173 »

As a suggestion for service times, for the West Coast Eagles matches you may need to have shuttles operating from Quarter Time. :P
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

TP1173 wrote:EQBS to Perth Busport is pointless.
The Black Cat is a bit pointless. 960 services the top half and the bottom is serviced by the St Georges Tce stack of services.
I guess as a footy shuttle - but I don't know it would need the name black cat lol :lol:
What a load of rubbish. What are you thinking about 'The Black Cat is a bit pointless?' St George Tce on the East Perth has no CAT buses even if this is under the CAT Area.
Mr OC Benz

Post by Mr OC Benz »

Just because it doesn't have any CAT buses doesn't mean it needs to. There's a bus every 30 seconds along St Georges Tce already. No point adding more buses for the hell of it.
sylar

Post by sylar »

Shoudy Chen wrote:
TP1173 wrote:EQBS to Perth Busport is pointless.
What a load of rubbish. What are you thinking about 'The Black Cat is a bit pointless?' St George Tce on the East Perth has no CAT buses even if this is under the CAT Area.
Maybe you need to actually spend some time on St Georges Tce counting the numerous buses that go by, there is no need for additional services to be added to what is already a busy but well serviced road by bus.
Last edited by sylar on Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
TP1288

Post by TP1288 »

Agreed.
0405's Rule!
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Hi everybody! Yes I am new and yes I think, in most areas, Black CAT is pointless. How about rename it to Purple CAT? Or have some short Blue CAT trips terminating at Perth Busport via the Wellington St entrance?
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Mr OC Benz wrote:Just because it doesn't have any CAT buses doesn't mean it needs to. There's a bus every 30 seconds along St Georges Tce already. No point adding more buses for the hell of it.
You are right Mr.OCB. There's already 37 BUS ROUTES THAT USE THAT ROAD!! So many buses. When you're on that road, you can count, like, 4 or 5 buses in a row

So, no need for CAT on St Georges Tce
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
shinjiman

Post by shinjiman »

Maybe it can be becoming reality for that?
The survey is now open for that one.

The route map drawn by Shoudy Chen now became the most of route 661 which runs without EQBS. :D
Shoudy Chen

Post by Shoudy Chen »

I have seen Transperth buses operating the Route 661 to The Matagarup bridge and noticed that Path, Transdev and Swan all operated the bus route. I know that the Perth Cat bus runs under Transdev as claisebrook. When the black cat bus was in operation, I’d say that this bus route will be run under Transdev Claisebrook.
Squiddy

Post by Squiddy »

Shoudy Chen wrote:I have seen Transperth buses operating the Route 661 to The Matagarup bridge and noticed that Path, Transdev and Swan all operated the bus route.
Do they? I've only ever seen Path buses operating the 661
the c man

Post by the c man »

Squiddy wrote:
Shoudy Chen wrote:I have seen Transperth buses operating the Route 661 to The Matagarup bridge and noticed that Path, Transdev and Swan all operated the bus route.
Do they? I've only ever seen Path buses operating the 661
Yes all 3 companies operate 661

Return to “Discussion - Perth / WA”