rare datsuns

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

rare datsuns

Post by Guy_Arab »

[I am told my two cars are rare 1978 Datsun 120Y SEDAN AND Datsun 1978 wagon in family since new will be looking to sell the sedan soon
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: rare datsuns

Post by Swift »

I for one wouldn't pay premium price for any car simply because it's old and no longer common. I don't believe in treating run of the mill cars as rare works of art.
If you can get a sucker..er..buyer to pay $15,000 for a car that used to commonly fetch a three figure amount on the used market, go for it.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Guy_Arab
Favourite Vehicle: M.A.N Bus & Guy Arab

Post by Guy_Arab »

Swift wrote:I for one wouldn't pay premium price for any car simply because it's old and no longer common. I don't believe in treating run of the mill cars as rare works of art.
If you can get a sucker..er..buyer to pay $15,000 for a car that used to commonly fetch a three figure amount on the used market, go for it.
If you think a Datsun 120Y is common here in WA THEY ARE RARE SPECIAL IF THEY ARE ONE OWNER LOW MILAGE IN GOOD CONDITION I HAD THREE BUYERS AND SOLD IT THAT MORNING WANTING TO BY MY WAGON TOO BUT NO WAY BOTH CARS IN FAMILY SINCE NEW COMPLETE LOG BOOK AND BUYER RECEIPT WHEN BROUGHT IN 1978
GUY ARAB
Swift

Post by Swift »

I certainly appreciate them, one owner or five, but it gives me the irates some of the prices asked for what were once common as muck. Now they want gold for them. A verifiable one owner vehicle of that age is rather extraordinary true, but only for the rich it would seem.
My 89 Laser Ghia sedan will be thirty next year and I got it as a one owner country car in 2010 with 112K on the odo. Now has 175K. Tidy unit for it's age and just fitted a new set of tyres since I bought it and some TX3 alloys. Looks sharp.
Bus-1809
Favourite Vehicle: As long as it's not a B7...

Post by Bus-1809 »

No hub odometer, Swift?
If it's not a ZF, take it back!

Holder of W.A's largest transport sound recording collection. Over 1,300 recordings of vehicles and constantly expanding for the enjoyment of future generations.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Not yet. Watch that space.
EDIT: may not bother to post a pic in that thread as there has been the notorious ATDB response refusal in that topic of late.

Return to “The Lunch Room”