STA Observations - July to December 2018

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: STA Observations - July to December 2018

Post by Swift »

^Not unless some cockamamie bus operation plans to buy 100+, which I don't see happening -never in this galaxy!
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

I noted an Iveco driving down Crown Street in service on Saturday night with all indicator lights stuck on solid...
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:
Tonymercury wrote:How do you know its got anything to do with P?
I just find it a bit odd that almost anything new P gets thats not a Bustech just shortly gets moved to some other depot. Scania CB80's end of last year, originally at P, lasted a matter of months before getting moved to Leichardt and then a large number of B8's originally intended for P then got moved to Burwood

I mean i'm not complaining, i'm not from the P electorate, but I can see they definitely love their Bustechs in charge of things. Just like eg, Randwick is definitely not keen on their Iveco's as earlier mentioned in this thread
As long as they replace the "moved on" buses with more new ones, I won't complain about it. I prefer to ride in a new Optimus or CB80 over an NH any day.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

I've seen recently on a few of P red metrobus units have had the large metrobus logo on passenger side removed. Is this in preparation to be transferred to W & be wrapped in 333 livery or simply P doesn't operate any metrobus routes.

Also saw a R Scania CB80 northbound along Doncaster Avenue in Kensington Not In Service I thought all buses were banned on Doncaster Avenue.
boronia

Post by boronia »

Perhaps the restriction has been lifted as they can't turn right from Anzac into Abbotford or Allison
@ The Museum of Fire.
Rick R

Post by Rick R »

mandonov wrote:I imagine B-Line has been a victim of its own success and that this is a ploy to spread the load a bit.
I gather Opal data has highlighted that B-Line is packed yet the Exx services are relatively under-utilised.
Without any large marketing campaigns, the L90 developed a kind of cult following over the years to the point where pax would wait for the next L90 'because it is faster'. They would even let an L88 go through and wait 15mins for the L90, so all inbound L88's were renumbered as L90's to spread the loads.

Whilst supervising inbound services I would encourage waiting pax to board fast services. Many would look at me as if I had two heads and some would try to argue with me...

Savvy pax are starting to catch the E54 now because it has the same stopping pattern at the B1.
Enjoy.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Rick wrote:
Whilst supervising inbound services I would encourage waiting pax to board fast services. Many would look at me as if I had two heads and some would try to argue with me...

Savvy pax are starting to catch the E54 now because it has the same stopping pattern at the B1.
Set in their ways comes to mind in my limited anecdotal impressions of Northern Beaches pax. I heard of a lady who would steadfastly refuse to consider anything but paying in cash, despite being advised of cheaper and convenient options for her daily trip. She would get on and then fish for her money.
One busy body passenger portrayed in the film Emoh Ruo at the start, must have been well researched!
idontknow556

Post by idontknow556 »

Bus 1366 was involved in an accident with a garbage truck at Carlingford at about Midday.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Bit of a tease here a few days ago, especially considering the absolute horrific overcrowding that is present on the the N90/N91 on Friday/Saturday night that results in several people at bus stops being left behind/driven past because a contracted 12m bus just cannot carry all these people.
IMG_3432.jpg
IMG_3432.jpg (141.4 KiB) Viewed 6945 times
IMG_3430.jpg
IMG_3430.jpg (153.23 KiB) Viewed 6945 times
Swift

Post by Swift »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:Bit of a tease here a few days ago, especially considering the absolute horrific overcrowding that is present on the the N90/N91 on Friday/Saturday night that results in several people at bus stops being left behind/driven past because a contracted 12m bus just cannot carry all these people.
Our no doubt Uber loving transport bureaucrat are dickheads to allow this situation. European levels of professionalism are unattainable in this climate.
LongliveSTA

Post by LongliveSTA »

Swift wrote:
Jurassic_Joke wrote:Bit of a tease here a few days ago, especially considering the absolute horrific overcrowding that is present on the the N90/N91 on Friday/Saturday night that results in several people at bus stops being left behind/driven past because a contracted 12m bus just cannot carry all these people.
Our no doubt Uber loving transport bureaucrat are dickheads to allow this situation. European levels of professionalism are unattainable in this climate.
Yes it is ridiculous. STA would like to use articulated vehicles, however TfNSW will unfortunately only pay for standard size buses.

Friday/Saturday night customers must be too drunk to complain about it!
LONG LIVE STA, the best bus operator in AUSTRALIA!!
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Can confirm all services on the new overnight 333N are indeed artics. Kudos to them for actually fixing overcrowding. The overnight 380 and it’s VSTMs that came with it (an issue that was repeatedly brought up on this board) are a thing of the past now. It’s like Christmas came early. Thanks Gladys!
3B2EA264-CBBF-46EF-AE06-25E5EFC96E11.jpeg
3B2EA264-CBBF-46EF-AE06-25E5EFC96E11.jpeg (102.67 KiB) Viewed 6774 times
Swift

Post by Swift »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:Thanks Gladys!
3B2EA264-CBBF-46EF-AE06-25E5EFC96E11.jpeg
That's an oasis of common sense but they should have known long ago to to this. I generally have zero regard for the Tories, but I have respect for our current leader. I think she is a caring person that has to play the game of politics to get the things she wants done.
I have met her twice and she is a very nice individual indeed who follows political ideology I can never approve of. Labor were simply unacceptable in the 16 years they were in. I don't see that being any different under cool hand Luke.
In Transit

Post by In Transit »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:Can confirm all services on the new overnight 333N are indeed artics. Kudos to them for actually fixing overcrowding. The overnight 380 and it’s VSTMs that came with it (an issue that was repeatedly brought up on this board) are a thing of the past now. It’s like Christmas came early. Thanks Gladys!
I’m sure the Premier is grateful for the feedback on her service planning initiatives....
swtt

Post by swtt »

In Transit wrote:
Jurassic_Joke wrote:Can confirm all services on the new overnight 333N are indeed artics. Kudos to them for actually fixing overcrowding. The overnight 380 and it’s VSTMs that came with it (an issue that was repeatedly brought up on this board) are a thing of the past now. It’s like Christmas came early. Thanks Gladys!
I’m sure the Premier is grateful for the feedback on her service planning initiatives....
Not to mention micro managing every decision, down to what bus to send Image More like the bureaucrats who make a suggestion and her Transport Minister signs off on it Image

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
boronia

Post by boronia »

Not much risk of getting run over by a bus there.
@ The Museum of Fire.
LongliveSTA

Post by LongliveSTA »

swtt wrote:
Not to mention micro managing every decision, down to what bus to send Image More like the bureaucrats who make a suggestion and her Transport Minister signs off on it Image

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk[/quote]

I would be very surprised if the premier, minister or politicians or had any involvement with allocating artics. It's probably more likely that STA has wanted to for a while, and took the chance to with the recent service changes.
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

According to AnyTrip there are 2 Scania L13TRBs on the 400. I'm assuming it must P units the only Eastern Region depot that has these types of buses.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Frosty wrote:According to AnyTrip there are 2 Scania L13TRBs on the 400. I'm assuming it must P units the only Eastern Region depot that has these types of buses.
And an Iveco Metro, Scania K280UB CB80.. looks like P and R are in charge of the 400 now which is a good thing. I was worried it would be W.
J_Busworth
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Post by J_Busworth »

Frosty wrote:According to AnyTrip there are 2 Scania L13TRBs on the 400. I'm assuming it must P units the only Eastern Region depot that has these types of buses.
P is indeed operating some 14.5s on the 400 - someone I know got one earlier today. I glad to see W didn’t get the 400, they need the 14.5s from P whilst they are still around. I think they should be replaced for routes like the 392/400 but that’s not going to happen.
https://transportnswblog.com
RIP STA L113s 28/01/93 - 12/01/22
Ikarbus

Post by Ikarbus »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:Can confirm all services on the new overnight 333N are indeed artics.
Sure enough I saw a Scania midi doing a 333N last Saturday night!
Ray

Post by Ray »

The little battlers have returned to their traditional stomping ground!
Go Cats.
LongliveSTA

Post by LongliveSTA »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:
And an Iveco Metro, Scania K280UB CB80.. looks like P and R are in charge of the 400 now which is a good thing. I was worried it would be W.
All three Eastern Depots are operating the 400! The trips out to the Airport look to be roughly split in half between P and W.
LongliveSTA

Post by LongliveSTA »

Ray wrote:
The little battlers have returned to their traditional stomping ground!
Some very late night/early morning trips on Saturday and Sunday are rostered to use standard buses.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”