October Bus Timetable changes

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
jibb

October Bus Timetable changes

Post by jibb »

Timetable changes are scheduled for October to enable the successful transition of Light-City Bus Services to Torrens Transit.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Re: October Bus Timetable changes

Post by TA3001 »

Does this include uniforms? I don't think a Hungry Jack's worker would be welcomed with open arms turning up wearing uniform for KFC, so how is this any different?
jibb

Post by jibb »

That's a matter for Torrens Transit not DPTI.
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

I've noticed a number of bus drivers training on the O-Bahn lately, not sure if this is linked to the upcoming timetable changes?

Any idea of what changes may occur in October?
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

hillsbus wrote:I've noticed a number of bus drivers training on the O-Bahn lately, not sure if this is linked to the upcoming timetable changes?

There's been a mention of the 'B10' possibly being through linked with the 502 from West Lakes to Salisbury. So they could be drivers from that area on the corner of Port and Grand Junction Rd, but time will yell.

This depot has at least 28 buses that are just as suitable for the O'bahn as the vehicles at St Agnes, and the CNG MANs at Camden Park....
jibb

Post by jibb »

hillsbus wrote:I've noticed a number of bus drivers training on the O-Bahn lately, not sure if this is linked to the upcoming timetable changes?

Could be Mile End and Newton drivers being trained for the O-Bahn-could it be for the "old" J1 being reinstated?
Route 506
Favourite Vehicle: R.I.P. #582 (1582) 29-12-2008

Post by Route 506 »

TA3001 wrote:

There's been a mention of the 'B10' possibly being through linked with the 502 from West Lakes to Salisbury. So they could be drivers from that area on the corner of Port and Grand Junction Rd, but time will yell.

This depot has at least 28 buses that are just as suitable for the O'bahn as the vehicles at St Agnes, and the CNG MANs at Camden Park....
A B10 through linked with the 502 would be a very interesting idea. Definitely a good way to connect Paradise/O-Bahn with the Western suburbs. One would assume that would mean Magill half of the B10 would return to a 106 or something unless it's through linked with a different Western service, and we dare not ask whether it would be a straight "B10 then 502" or vice versa or some new number such as a W10 etc... Will be interesting to see what changes come in October.
Now Running Express - Next Stop: City
jibb

Post by jibb »

Are we ever gong to get route letters? Route Numbers need to be simplified to make it easier for commuters-not confuse them!
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

jibb wrote:Are we ever gong to get route letters? Route Numbers need to be simplified to make it easier for commuters-not confuse them!
The best solution to this mess is to simply revert back to the early 2000s route numbers. It seems silly to me that the G20 has to change to G10 halfway through the run, and some real time apps don't always pick up runs from Blair Athol that continue on to Aberfoyle Hub. I'm not sure why this is. Drivers still have to update the BCU upon arrival to the CBD outskirts anyway.

It seems like this concept of simplifying the route names has became a white elephant. I'm still surprised that the 21W has survived, albeit being operated mostly by Scanias instead of AEC Swifts.
Eurostar
Favourite Vehicle: XPT

Post by Eurostar »

Salisbury Highway between Mawson Lakes and Salisbury should be a Go Zone even if it means every second bus is a shortworking between Mawson Lakes and Salisbury (424)
Next station is Victoria Square. Change here for all trains.
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

I presume services like the 579, 178 and H30 may have some peak hour services return to the O-Bahn track?
jibb

Post by jibb »

There has been "rumours' around recently that Torrens Transit want to bring back the J1 from Elizabeth-Golden Grove-TTP-City-Airport-Glenelg service. Maybe this is why new drivers are being trained on the O-Bahn!
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

I HOPE THE OLD J1/J2/J3 the latter of which was a weekend/public holiday 541 essentially does return all as a north eastern/northern suburbs via ttp and golden grove to the city through paradise and klemzig service next year.this year my brother is paying for my limo but next year who knows.it would make life a lot easier(living in payneham)a 15 minute walk from klemzig station not having to bother mom to drive me and me worrying if the alcohol from the previous night has cleared up in time.it gets expensive using say brunel or qantas drive all the time for my safety.
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

Eurostar wrote:Salisbury Highway between Mawson Lakes and Salisbury should be a Go Zone even if it means every second bus is a shortworking between Mawson Lakes and Salisbury (424)
According to the government routes that parallel rail lines will be cut so does that mean no services along Salisbury Highway?! :lol:
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Eagle Eye wrote: According to the government routes that parallel rail lines will be cut so does that mean no services along Salisbury Highway?! :lol:
I'm sure the cancellation of the 721/722 routes would be welcomed with open arms, as well as the Anzac Hwy services. Not everybody finds train travel to be like being transported in your own personal limo. I avoid it whenever I can.
Route 506
Favourite Vehicle: R.I.P. #582 (1582) 29-12-2008

Post by Route 506 »

According to the government routes that parallel rail lines will be cut so does that mean no services along Salisbury Highway?! :lol:[/quote]

Looks like Churchill Road services will be going too! And Port Road as well! :lol:
Now Running Express - Next Stop: City
jibb

Post by jibb »

Torrens Transit have been applying new destination codes to its combined fleet this week so that all buses have both TT and LCB routes in preparation for the October amalgamation.
Many of the buses now have a new font as part of this change.
bigrobbo

Post by bigrobbo »

I saw 1521 on ANZAC Hwy today running Not In Service driven by a TT driver.

Are buses being moved around depots already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TT
Favourite Vehicle: Anything without SCANIA badge.

Post by TT »

No, but a few drivers have been.
jibb

Post by jibb »

bigrobbo wrote:I saw 1521 on ANZAC Hwy today running Not In Service driven by a TT driver.

Are buses being moved around depots already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1521 has been operating out of St Agnes depot for the last few weeks(was previously a Wingfield bus).
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

I will be keen to see what turns up on the 200's once LCB ends the services next year.a few 1700's from the 1736 to 1740 and 1755-1760 and all other numbers 1761-1787,1170-1182,1001-1015,1908-1973 and newcomer 1981 plus the higher numbered 1200 series buses 1229-1261 plus the existing 1262-1289 fleets are there anything i have missed that are not ex serco fleets.
jibb

Post by jibb »

LCB doesn't exist-it was purchased by Torrens Transit in June-Torrens Transit operates their services and as part of the October changes will integrate all services and depots to operate under 1 banner.
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

Is it likely that Sunday 14 October will be the timetable change date? This ties in with the last day of school holidays and hopefully is also the date the tram extension may open?
TT
Favourite Vehicle: Anything without SCANIA badge.

Post by TT »

I believe Oct 14 was the proposed date. Given that’s just over 2 weeks away, that the timetable changes are supposedly very significant and not just tweaks, and that there’s been no announcements or promotion about it yet (nothing on AdMet website) I would say 14 Oct is looking less and less likely. But anything could happen, and remember this is all being done by a new government.
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

Good points TT but I'd presume it has to be the 14th so it ties in with the start of school term time driver rosters. Keep an eye on the AdMet site in the next day or two I'd say...

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”