What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Swift »

I recently read that one of the most common ways to pass on a cold or flu is through hand contact because people use the hand to cover their cough. It is much better to use the elbow part of the arm.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
scott

Post by scott »

Swift wrote:Yep, left wing policies at work. Victoria is a mad house. It deserves better.
Hopefully at the end of November, we will give the dodgy Andrews government their marching orders.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Swift wrote:I recently read that one of the most common ways to pass on a cold or flu is through hand contact because people use the hand to cover their cough. It is much better to use the elbow part of the arm.
It's exactly what I do. I almost freak out when I see folks coughing straight into their hands. I even had to 'educate' a middle aged lady about this recently because she was oblivious to it!
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

TAA 3001, only blokes?

But a number of years ago, we saw this man cough so heavily on the other side of the bus, that you could literally see the "germs" coming from this mans's mouth. Trouble is some, make that more than some, keep on & on & on not coverng their mouths.

* Looks like some passengers know where the smoke alarm in the Oscar's toilets, and can cover it/them up so they can smoke! Wouldn't the heat from still set the smoke alarm off. It seemed to be working as their was that smell in the Oscar's toilets.

* Train enthuisiasts that deliberately get in the way of others using cameras.

* Re passengers getting on after the due leaving time at stations (valid reasons excepted): Maybe we need to close the doors 1 or 2 minutes before the due tme.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Speaking of people smoking.

Parent's or people that smoke near children.

And yes that goes for you hipster bearded man who was smoking not only near he's girlfriend or wife but their newborn child in a pram. I guess the dirty looks I was giving him didn't do him anything. He kept puffing away on he's death stick next to he's child. If you want to lose your kid to smoke or some sort of cancer your looking right at it.

Cops would be having a field day out in Newcastle / Hunter valley if they got out more often. Everywhere I go there's always someone doing the unreasonable or impolite thing.
Newcastle Flyer wrote:TAA 3001, only blokes?

* Looks like some passengers know where the smoke alarm in the Oscar's toilets, and can cover it/them up so they can smoke! Wouldn't the heat from still set the smoke alarm off. It seemed to be working as their was that smell in the Oscar's toilets .
Disgusting people but then again these are the same people who smoke on station platforms and other smoke free areas and say there's absolutely nothing wrong with lighting up a cigarette where ever they wanted, even if it's a prohibited area for such a thing. I don't know much about the Oscars smoke alarm systems but I'd be bringing information of a smoker on the train to the attention of the train guard and perhaps station staff & NSW Trainlink
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Seeing the poorly maintained 1780 go past twice in 90 minutes still with that annoying mechanical issue which seems to be unfixable. Or at least you'd see this as the case due to it being at the second worst depot in Adelaide (from a maintenance point of view).

It's had it for at least 3 years and annoys the hell out of me! I've sent multiple complain to Torrens Transit about and the depot seems to have a *******F atttitude in regards to it. It can't even get to fifth gear due to this fault, so I suspect it can't go faster than about 77kph albeit whilst showing red on the tachometer.

Appalling service standards in my opinion.
Newcastle Flyer wrote:TAA 3001, only blokes?
Mainly guys. I tend to see a much higher percentage of women actually going to the trouble of lifting their hand or arm all the way up to their mouths, in order to prevent further spread of germs.
Last edited by TA3001 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Bustechs.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
scott

Post by scott »

Anything Designline. Especially the bubble shaped MAN powered variety Transdev and Ventura have. The first of that batch have just clocked up 10 years in service.

Also collectors from organisations such as save the whales harassing you to sign up to a monthly donation plan.
Swift

Post by Swift »

scott wrote:
Also collectors from organisations such as save the whales harassing you to sign up to a monthly donation plan.
Tell them you know they aren't volunteers from the charity concerned and are paid contractors and that you know non of your money will see the light of day with the charities work for over a year and that charities these days are chaired by ruthless businessmen who draw a huge salary. That ought to deflect their unwanted fake conversation.
scott

Post by scott »

The Victorian government pocketing the levy charged in our car registrations to fund a new registration computer system, that project got abandoned, but they still are charging the levy. We are being slugged $800m for nothing.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Makes you wonder if they were as committed to the upgrade ad they were for the excuse to rip more money from the populace.
I want these Marxist maniacs gone and I've never set foot in Victoria, although my mother did in 1982 when she spent a week in Melbourne for a conference. Must have been public transport heaven.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

The unpleasantly loud jackpot belltone on this V2 CB80 rotbox going off at every stop! Disgraceful build 'quality'
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

the footy show.just drop it already and have a thursday night sitcom marathon like it was before 1994.anyone here remember the days of 8:30pm or was it 9:30pm cheers prior to that moron eddie mcguire and sam newman taking that away with football garbage.
scott

Post by scott »

That kindergarten in Canberra, it looks like there may be another challenge before Question Time, Turnbull is unlikely to have the numbers.

That means we could possibly have the fifth prime minister in the last 10 years, Howard, Rudd (twice),Gillard, Abbott, Turnbull.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

scott wrote:That kindergarten in Canberra, it looks like there may be another challenge before Question Time, Turnbull is unlikely to have the numbers.

That means we could possibly have the fifth prime minister in the last 10 years, Howard, Rudd (twice),Gillard, Abbott, Turnbull.
This seriously gives me the sh*ts. I'm too young to know what the years before Howard were like, but its amazing we can't have stable, long-term governing as Hawke/Keating then Howard gave.

Nowadays even our leaders seem to be the latest victims to our throwaway society... Suddenly they're unpopular, so they're thrown away and replaced with another muppet, who isn't much better than the last. Perhaps if the politicians didn't have a pissing competition every election, made realistic promises and stuck with them we mightn't be in the mess.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Pete will bring the LNP back on track. Malcolm is a ditherer and is lucky he had an opposition leader with the charisma of a parking meter to contend with last time and even then, be barely scraped in. He's had his chance.
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

So the best countermeasure to an opposition leader lacking charisma is a Prime Minister with the same lack of charisma?
Swift

Post by Swift »

That's a matter of opinion. At least Peter isn't a loopy leftist with a pc Marxist agenda masquerading as a conservative.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

People giving you dirty looks because you pushed the stop button on the bus before they or their child got a chance too. No offence but get over it as it's not the end of the world if I or someone else beat you to pressing it. Actually be thankful in the end someone else pushed it in time too instead of pushing it seconds before your stop comes up and gives the driver little - no notice you want to get off. I've seen to many instances of parents letting their children push the button and they always do it seconds before their stop comes up and then whinge at the driver for nearly or missing their stop.

Had a mother give me the stink eye this morning because I pushed the stop button before her child did. I was listening to music (thankfully with headphones since I'm not one of those people who blasts out their music for the world to hear) and staring out the window but I noticed she turned her head at the back to look at me (It was only her, I and her child on the bus) and give the stink eye. You got off at your stop so I guess be thankful for that?

God people want to get the s&#ts over the smallest of things.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:People giving you dirty looks because you pushed the stop button on the bus before they or their child got a chance too. No offence but get over it as it's not the end of the world if I or someone else beat you to pressing it. Actually be thankful in the end someone else pushed it in time too instead of pushing it seconds before your stop comes up and gives the driver little - no notice you want to get off. I've seen to many instances of parents letting their children push the button and they always do it seconds before their stop comes up and then whinge at the driver for nearly or missing their stop.

Had a mother give me the stink eye this morning because I pushed the stop button before her child did. I was listening to music (thankfully with headphones since I'm not one of those people who blasts out their music for the world to hear) and staring out the window but I noticed she turned her head at the back to look at me (It was only her, I and her child on the bus) and give the stink eye. You got off at your stop so I guess be thankful for that?

God people want to get the s&#ts over the smallest of things.
Just be glad the button worked. They're only designed to be static features on the CB80s. Or so one would think, with the amount of times I've pressed the button only to find that it's not activating the jackpot bell tone due to being faulty.
GazzaOak

Post by GazzaOak »

scott wrote:That kindergarten in Canberra, it looks like there may be another challenge before Question Time, Turnbull is unlikely to have the numbers.

yep, i think its just too divided here.... if the libs don't lift their game, then its game over with wonderful billy in power.... in which he probs just that tad worse than malcom...

I think a better and final solution is to dissolve the green, liberals and labor and start all over...
White ribbon day is most sexist thing ever
Swift

Post by Swift »

busrider wrote:So the best countermeasure to an opposition leader lacking charisma is a Prime Minister with the same lack of charisma?
Scott Morrison should alleviate your concerns.
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

Of the 3 options, ScoMo was probably the best compromise for the Liberal Party.
Swift

Post by Swift »

I agree Scott was likely a better choice than Peter. I think I heard someone on the news say he would pose a greater threat to the prospects of Bill Shorten.
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

angela bishops mother.thank god she was not an option for the role to be the next australian prime minister.she reminds me of what a real life version of TV'S MRS BUCKET would be like.

Return to “The Lunch Room”