What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by TA3001 »

A bus sitting at a stop for 7 minutes even after a detour to take out time due to Adelaide's stupidly loose schedules that don't differ during the school holidays.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Cyclist almost running me over yesterday while waiting at a bus stop.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:Cyclist almost running me over yesterday while waiting at a bus stop.
I have had close calls from speeding youths on bikes illegally riding in the footpath. Was this one another case?
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
scott

Post by scott »

The people in one of the newly built knock down rebuild megamansions in our street parking their Mercedes with it's rear end almost in the middle of the road. Sure the concrete in thier new mega driveway is still drying but their is plenty of room to park without disturbing other traffic.

Also Lee Lin Chin leaving SBS.
Newcastle Flyer

That are 14 year old BRATT that invaded a home is or was wasting a hospital bed.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Newcastle Flyer

Newcastle Flyer wrote:That are 14 year old BRATT that invaded a home is or was wasting a hospital bed.
Unbelievable, this BRATT didn't appear & I don't care if the BRATT is injured or not.
Ought to show the BRATT's face.

RE Keolis Downer: Get ya bloomin' facts correct Labor MPs.
White lives matter too.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:That are 14 year old BRATT that invaded a home is or was wasting a hospital bed.
What story was that NF?
Newcastle Flyer

Swift wrote:
What story was that NF?
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/pre ... 4ztw7.html

• Don't tell me Miss MoneyPenny was replaced with her & "M" replaced with Judi Dench?
White lives matter too.
Swift

Post by Swift »

I believe in punishment over rehabilitation programmes for these wastes of air.
If they keep reoffending, keep punishing them. I want capital punishment back.
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

most shopping malls treating their customers like a bunch of criminals.it usually happens in non affluent parts of ones home town.and do not get me started on the crowds that go there.my other pet hate of all time are past their use by date british sitcoms on TV.I would rather watch an old episode of mom or two broke girls in the early evenings than keeping up appearances or as time goes by or to the manor born kind of crap.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I'd gone to the shopping centre to get lunch today to get some lunch from the food court. As I was walking inside the entrance there was an old lady sitting on the entrance stairs with her shopping cart blocking half of the stairs in front of her. I was a bit annoyed but I moved on, I was having thoughts of finding a security guard and getting someone to check on her or move her on to somewhere safer out of the way because I don't think sitting on stairs in front of a busy entrance is such a good idea especially when your trolley is blocking half the steps and in the case where the centre needs to be evacuated, it's not a good idea either.

I got my lunch and flag down a cleaner, I tell her there's an old lady sitting on the steps with her trolley blocking half of the entrance steps. I got told "she's just waiting for someone". Wasn't happy with that so then I made the run down two sets of escalators to the customer service desk, I tell them what the problem is and I see her get on the radio to security and I walk off. I go back to the food court to still see her waiting there, shopping cart still blocking the stairs. After 5 minuets her ride arrived. Security still hadn't shown up. I waited another 10 minuets in the food court eating my lunch in case security comes and comes looking for the woman. No one shows in that next 10 minuets. After that I get annoyed and walk off from the food court.

There's CCTV cameras right there pointing at the steps. And yes before I get told "They can't be everywhere at once" or it's not a big "priority" may I remind you that I was at the same shopping centre last week (It's my hometown one actually) and I went past security so many times in the food court and all over the place. Today I couldn't even find one.

I'm sure they wouldn't like it if I sat on the stairs blocking the entrance with my cart. Honestly she would've been better off sitting in the chairs in the food court closely to the entrance (most of them were empty because mid-day and 2-pm it isn't that busy in the food court) that way she could see her ride pull up and not be blocking the stairwell for 15+ minuets.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift

Post by Swift »

The elderly are extremely selfish and use their "status" for their own ends. Nobody will dare question MEEEE even if I am doing something wrong.
I had one get on my bus who casually stuck her stuff on the front seat blocking anyone else from sitting there and from getting aboard and then comes back to the front to pay before finally sitting down. She got irate when I said others have to get somewhere today.
As little miss entitled aristocrat went to get off in the city, she gave me the spiel of respecting the elderly instead of ever considering apologising for her selfish behaviour.
She said when you're 88 like me you'll understand.
I left her speechless when I said back to her I doubt I'll make it to 88!! She didn't say another thing after that.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Opening a cash register till to merely exchange some 5 dollar notes for a 20 officially being declared an official nation wide terrorism threat!
scott

Post by scott »

Yes, I was going to have my hair cut at one of those places where you stick $10 in the machine, and it spits out a ticket, then they hack at your hair and they spit you out, anyway I had $10 in coins and they would not exchange it for a $10 note, they used to have a lunchbox under the counter, where they would exchange money but not anymore, went to the customer service desk, the young lady was very nice but no $10 notes in the till, ended up going to a bank, and they swapped it.
Bus Suggestions
Favourite Vehicle: Something with a ZF Ecomat

Post by Bus Suggestions »

Swift wrote:The elderly are extremely selfish and use their "status" for their own ends.
Well, today I was on a bus, and the driver was doing her job. An old lady was pressing a button that wouldn't set off the 'Next Stop' buzzer. She said 'Stop please!' to the driver but she didn't hear. In the end, a man sitting across from her pressed the button, but it had passed her stop. As she got off, this conversation followed:
Old lady: Why you no stop inside?
Driver: Sorry, where?
Old lady: [points to the other stop] INSIDE!
Driver: I didn't hear the buzzer go off.
Man: Nah, she was pressing the button but it didn't go off, so I pressed it for her.
Old lady: [FINALLY got off, made rude hand gesture to the driver]
This was a Volgren bus, not a Custom with 'insipid tiny round buttons'. The buttons are slightly harder to press but they work fine. And where she was sitting, there were 4 buttons within her reach. If one doesn't work, go press another one. Shouldn't be hard.
I'd post any important, bus-related links I had, but they're outdated anyways.
Swift

Post by Swift »

The elderly make some of the rudest bus passengers bar none. Extremely aggressive verbally.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Not to get on the whole bandwagon but I recall watching one bus enthusiast who got called a rude (Bas... you can guess the rest it's even on the description of the video) by an elderly person. Turns out the old man boarded the bus but just stood there giving the bus filmer a blank stare, filmer offers the guy he's seat old mean says he "wants to sit there" and ends up calling the filmer the word I somewhat mentioned above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRuxdWMiCds

To be honest, I did have 2 nice elderly couples stick up for me once when I pushed the button before my stop and the driver ended up partly skipping my stop I wanted to get off at (only when I ran up the front to tell him he's just about missed my stop) I don't remember what happened but driver claimed I didn't give him enough notice. I pushed the button two houses before the roundabout and if you continue straight through it in the direction this bus was going, the stop I wanted to get off at was 3-4 houses after the roundabout so there was plenty of notice. When I caught that bus I'd use the two houses before the roundabout as a signal to push the button to get ready to hop off. Never had trouble with any other drivers when I caught the same bus route and did the same thing.

The elderly couple said I pushed it before the roundabout and it was definitely enough time and notice for the driver to get off at the next stop.

Anyway enough of that, I'm under a lot of stress at the moment and it's making me sick and not well to be honest, personal issues to say the least but never fun to deal with. I'm working today so I'm hoping I can work through things just fine.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Swift

Post by Swift »

ScaniaGrenda wrote:Not to get on the whole bandwagon but I recall watching one bus enthusiast who got called a rude (Bas... you can guess the rest it's even on the description of the video) by an elderly person. Turns out the old man boarded the bus but just stood there giving the bus filmer a blank stare, filmer offers the guy he's seat old mean says he "wants to sit there" and ends up calling the filmer the word I somewhat mentioned above.

That is the perfect example of elderly entitlement and aggression on buses. They think it's their personal limo.
Moving over for this invader wasn't good enough. He wanted the whole two person seat to himself as he probably gets normally. There was no justification for how he spoke to the lad. He must have been quite the charmer in his youth.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Swift wrote:
ScaniaGrenda wrote:Not to get on the whole bandwagon but I recall watching one bus enthusiast who got called a rude (Bas... you can guess the rest it's even on the description of the video) by an elderly person. Turns out the old man boarded the bus but just stood there giving the bus filmer a blank stare, filmer offers the guy he's seat old mean says he "wants to sit there" and ends up calling the filmer the word I somewhat mentioned above.

That is the perfect example of elderly entitlement and aggression on buses. They think it's their personal limo.
Moving over for this invader wasn't good enough. He wanted the whole two person seat to himself as he probably gets normally. There was no justification for how he spoke to the lad. He must have been quite the charmer in his youth.
I'm happy to give my own seat up when I can but I'm definitely not going to give it up to someone who's rude, arrogant or does what the old man did in the video I linked above. Sorry but death stares are what I say is an "emotion" not verbal like talking or speaking so how am I to know you want the seat?

You want the seat then speak nicely to me about it and I may offer it if there's another suitable seat near-by I can sit in. I sit up the front if it's available 90% of the time as I like to get a look at the dashboard and the instruments of the dashboard + when it comes time to get off, I can be off within 5-10 seconds of the bus stopping and the doors opening.
Swift

Post by Swift »

The way he spoke to that guy was disgusting and not becoming of an elderly "gent", and more like a wayward anti social juvenile. It was probably a legal offence for the way he used foul language in full earshot as an aggravating tool to get back at the youngster in his own imagined battle. Then e does the classic virtue signalling by being super polite to the driver, who didn't fall for his performance. :lol:
He's also an attention seeker.
Campbelltown busboy

Post by Campbelltown busboy »

This anti public transport privatisation advertisement from the NSW greens that doesn’t explain much about anything witch started popping up on Facebook in the past two days if the NSW greens think they will get a like from me then that will be a no from me
https://www.facebook.com/24495551981/po ... 424591982/
scott

Post by scott »

Ferals treating supermarket staff like dirt.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 4zwu3.html

Also someone who was in the process of scribbling graffiti on the bus I was travelling on yesterday, got caught out by the driver who pointed out CCTV was recording his every move, when he got off, he hurled abuse at the driver calling him a barrage of expletives. You do the crime, you do the time.

Attitudes of people are really giving me the s**ts at the moment.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Yep, left wing policies at work. Victoria is a mad house. It deserves better.
Newcastle Flyer

* Passengers that get on trains about 5 minutes AFTER the train is DUE to leave. Should leave them behind (valid reasons excepted)

* Passengers who don't cover their mouth or nose when they cough &/or sneeze, especially after when you tell them at least four times! No wonder Australia has a cold U&/or flu problem.
White lives matter too.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:
* Passengers who don't cover their mouth or nose when they cough &/or sneeze, especially after when you tell them at least four times! No wonder Australia has a cold U&/or flu problem.
This has appeared in this thread several times now, but this annoys the hell out of me too. 19/20 blokes are clueless in regards to how to undertake such a simple action from my obs.

There's this fella who catches a service I was catching weekly who always sat in the seat right in front of me (on that PITA of a seat that is directly adjacent to the rear door), and had a tendency to cough heavily without even once covering his mouth. I always covered my nose for a few seconds so as not to inhale that toxic air. But it's very common with most males regardless of age. Less so with women.

Return to “The Lunch Room”