Newcastle Transport

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Newcastle Flyer

Re: Newcastle Transport

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

Since the Watt & Scott Sts "works" are finished, why are the buses only going to & from Newcastle Station/Customs House, instead of Queens Wharf?
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
1whoknows

Post by 1whoknows »

Perhaps awaiting the July timetable changes??
"Inside Every Progressive Is A Totalitarian Screaming To Get Out"
David Horowitz.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

According to https://transportnsw.info/news/2018/new ... us-changes things should return to normal next Monday 18th.
Living in the Shire.
Newcastle Flyer

I know that, but the Watt & Scott Sts intersection has been re-opened & other buses including Keolis Downer buses are using the Wharf Rd & Watt St Roundabout & via Whard Rd where Queens Wharf is, so I'm still wondering why the 11, 13 & 14 buses need to start/terminate at Newcastle Station/Customs House.
Last edited by Newcastle Flyer on Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Newcastle Flyer

Yellow painted lines in kerbs in front of bus stops?

Would anyone know why the yellow lines have been painted on the kerbs in front of some bus stops?

EG: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nbmwvb874Z8MAqsq9
White lives matter too.
iamthouth

Re: Yellow painted lines in kerbs in front of bus stops?

Post by iamthouth »

Newcastle Flyer wrote:Would anyone know why the yellow lines have been painted on the kerbs in front of some bus stops?

EG: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nbmwvb874Z8MAqsq9
Likely the location for a hop signage installation/replacement.
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Some councils put these markings down so contractors know where to erect the signs.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
Newcastle Flyer

NO QUOTING WHOLE POST PLEASE - especailly when it's the previous post.

Re not going to/from Queens Wharf in my posts above: I'm wondering if their has a been a complaint about buses going around Centenary St/Av to return & are now prevented going to/from Queens Wharf, as the Watt & Scott Sts "works" intersection has finished. We'll see on Monday.
Simlar to why only two bus routes only ended up on the previous network going to Newcastle East.
White lives matter too.
moa999

Post by moa999 »

ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I Think from what I could see NT buses were still terminating at old Newcastle Station bus parking lot today. I didn't spend a lot of time around here due to wet weather so couldn't really observe too much but I got off a route 13 bus and instead of heading off towards Wharf Road, it parked / terminated at Newcastle station.

And apparently the BCI Citirider 12's without a rear door are fitted with seatbealts I was on m/o 5490 and it has seatbealts but the ones with the rear doors aren't, at least when I last went on them which was the time I filmed a video of riding it.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
LB608

Post by LB608 »

are passengers wearing the seat belts?
Newcastle Flyer

^^ ScaniaGrenda, I have a feeling that NT buses (& any other company's buses) that are meant to start/terminate) have been prevented from doing so, due to a possible complaint. But that Queens Wharf stop helps with access to parts of areas where the bus stops maybe too far away.

Customs House/Newcastle Station as a terminus was meant to end yesterday. I'd doubt I'd get an answer form the transport hub.
White lives matter too.
kypros1992

Post by kypros1992 »

1whoknows wrote:Perhaps awaiting the July timetable changes??
The original article has been amended - says new timetables start July 29
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

LB608 wrote:are passengers wearing the seat belts?
I would be amazed if they were !!!
Newcastle Flyer

Queens Wharf: While the PDF has routes 11, 13 & 14 stil has Queens Wharf as a stop, the Transport Planner still show these routes starting/terminating at Customs House/Newcastle Station.

Seems a lot of people (including here) are quiet about it.

Hopefully the 29 July are improvements on the existing network.
White lives matter too.
Newcastle Flyer

Newcastle transport bus drives possibly gagged?

Okay so the reason IS due to complaints in Centenary Rd. Queens Wharf bus stops will now longer be used, except for the 110.
Was that so hard to mention, unless . . .?
White lives matter too.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

What was the basis of the complaints?
The 11, 13 and 14 timetables still sow these routes as operating to and from Queens Wharf but the dynamic maps such as at https://transportnsw.info/routes/detail ... k/14/73014 for route 14 show them as operating to/from Customs House (not in heading).
Living in the Shire.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Looking back at the article which advised of the changes in June to routes 11, 13 and 14 https://transportnsw.info/news/2018/new ... us-changes and map http://newcastletransport.info/uploads/ ... EGULAR.PDF there is no mention that these routes would no longer go via Queens Wharf at any time so this is a separate change from the one advised and appears to have been snuck in without any advice.
Living in the Shire.
Newcastle Flyer

Keolis Downer Hunter MISLEADING passengers

Fleet Lists wrote:What was the basis of the complaints?
Something about because Centenary Rd is one way & the buses are making it hard as they turn(ed) around there: But here is Centenary Rd. As you can see, it's two way.

Yes the Transport Planner & most similar whatever you call them, show only to/from Customs House.
You can see on the NT webpage that they were meant to return to/from Queens Wharf last Monday.

Only SOME 11, 13 & 14's are showing CUSTOMS HOUSE, but if a bus shows the destination of QUEENS WHARF (or any XYZ destination for that matter), & you're going to Queens Wharf (or XYZ destination), then I believe the driver can't order you off, the driver has to take you to the destination shown, if that's where you going. Is that correct?
White lives matter too.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

I'm by no means a resident of Newcastle & not down there every day of the week (despite my Youtube name and freuqentings of the Newcastle area) so I only observe what I see and definitely know about (if I don't then that's why I ask) so that's one of the reasons why I'm silent on the buses not going to QW matter or whatever is going on.

There's probably a lot of other things happening Transport wise in Newie that I'm either aware of or not aware of and don't have much to say on it, party due to it not affecting me or having much to say on it :P

Anyway m/o 1606 running with a broken opal reader at the front of the bus, a majority of the PAX didn't even bother to tap on using the middle reader that was working and treated it like it was a free bus.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
ScaniaGrenda

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Hopped on a 110 only to hear from the Drivers 2 way radio that the Hamilton depot was in Lockdown and that Drivers were NOT TO RETURN TO THE DEPOT even if they finished their shift until further notice (You could hear the fire alarm bells in the background of the 2-way). Another report came through the 2 way 2 minuets up the road again saying not to return to the Depot but a Fire sprinkler had been activated (never heard where about in the Depot on the 2 way) I went to check on Hamilton 10 minuets after the report was made and by the time I got there everything was All clear and buses were entering and leaving the Depot again. The Fire department hadn't arrived when I got there.

Sounds either like a false alarm or something tripped the sprinklers. Hope no Buses or Employees were harmed
kypros1992

Post by kypros1992 »

https://www.nbnnews.com.au/2018/07/03/t ... m-july-29/

Two snapshots of the proposed new network show some of the proposed changes with more routes servicing Charlestown, less focus on terminating buses at Belmont and removal of buses to Queens Wharf.

edit: Image
Newcastle Flyer

July Timetables & maps now up on Newcastle Transport websites.

Edit: 29 July 2018 timetables & maps here: https://www.newcastletransport.info/the-new-way
White lives matter too.
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

What they didn’t mention is that 29 now goes to Swansea North, replacing 45, which has been discontinued.
45 becomes the first casualty
11/13/14 officially terminate at former interchange
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

What is the "former" interchange?
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”