CDC Victoria News 2018

Post by Mercedes »

Welcome to 2018!
Proud 0305G x2 and 0405 x1 owner
Thebusofdoom
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Re: CDC Victoria News 2018

Post by Thebusofdoom »

CDC Melbourne (Oakleigh) has taken delivery of a new Scania K310UB (Volgren 'Optimus'). Numbered #147 it was spotted yesterday running rail replacement at Oakleigh.

According to fleetlists Oakleigh is to receive another K310UB (numbered #146). Most of the other recent K310UB's and the K310IB Endura have been allocated to Geelong.
GeelongBuses
Favourite Vehicle: Into mostly of Mercs and Volvo

Post by GeelongBuses »

spotted CDC Geelong 155 a scania Volgren Endura on a school run
Subscribe to my youtube channel!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZBTOrRG2LiE_MUeRy54fbQ
GTZ I make Transport Videos and Gaming!
Craig

Post by Craig »

CDC Ballarat #130 has transfered to CDC Oakleigh for the upgraded 601/630 timetables from this week, now operating as CDC Oakleigh #133.

Meanwhile, CDC Ballarat #140 is on loan to CDC Wyndham, still operating as #140.

This adds to the earlier reports of new delivery CDC Geelong #154 ending up at CDC Oakleigh as their #149.

Kind Regards

Craig :-)
kadooment95
Favourite Vehicle: Scania K230UB/K280UB/K310UB

Post by kadooment95 »

CDC Oakleigh Denning/Cat single door #10 now at Wyndham Depot - spotted it while touring the depot today.
maxy54

Post by maxy54 »

kadooment95 wrote:CDC Oakleigh Denning/Cat single door #10 now at Wyndham Depot - spotted it while touring the depot today.
It has always been a Wyndham/Werribee bus since early 2015, It was only on loan to Oakleigh during December to assist with the Chadstone Staff shuttles.
PaxInfo

Post by PaxInfo »

Are you being served? Service aspects of public transport in Melbourne http://melbourneontransit.blogspot.com & MelbOnTransit on Twitter.
krustyklo

Post by krustyklo »

Unexpected~!
Not overly I would have thought.

"Go or grow" I suspect is alive and well as it makes it easier for the PTV / DoT to manage as well as greater leverage over a larger operator who has more to lose than a smaller one.

Look at the south east - one operator for all of the local-ish routes with another operator franchised to operate long distance routes.

Ditto the north east and the west with the minor exception of Panorama.

If anything, I'm surprised the north west has held out so long with multiple smaller operators.
Leyland B21
Favourite Vehicle: Former Perth B21 /#32

Post by Leyland B21 »

Ur referring to Ventura as the dominant operator here in the south east Krusty. Remember we have the smaller Pulitano family owned Cranbourne Transit too and i cant see them selling. Im well aware that offers have been put to them in the past.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
You can take the boy out of Armadale W.A but you cant take Armadale out of the boy!!!
krustyklo

Post by krustyklo »

Ur referring to Ventura as the dominant operator here in the south east Krusty. Remember we have the smaller Pulitano family owned Cranbourne Transit too and i cant see them selling. I'm well aware that offers have been put to them in the past.
True, I had forgotten about Pulitano. However, I wouldn't assume that if the price was right then they wouldn't sell. How is Northern Bus Lines going? :D Wikipedia also suggests they owned US Bus Lines as well - now part of Ventura.
Or is there some aspect of the Pulitano family holdings that explains the past sales whilst precluding future sales, especially if selling something in Victoria for a good price enabled future opportunities with better growth elsewhere, eg, with their Queensland operations?

Even so, it would be hard to argue against Ventura being the dominant operator in the east and south east.

The north has told the same story with a few hold out small operators such as Moonee Valley, although in the north east the most exotic we get is when a bus with East West branding runs the 518...
Thebusofdoom
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200

Post by Thebusofdoom »

CDC has ordered 50 new Euro 6 hybrid buses for it's Melbourne operations. They'll feature Volvo chassis with Volgren 'Optimus' bodies. The first will be delivered later this year.

https://www.busnews.com.au/industry-new ... -metro-cdc
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Thebusofdoom wrote:CDC has ordered 50 new Euro 6 hybrid buses for it's Melbourne operations. They'll feature Volvo chassis with Volgren 'Optimus' bodies. The first will be delivered later this year.

Latrobe Valley has ordered the same fully low-floor hybrid B5LH model. This is the first of theirs nearing completion:

josh01
Favourite Vehicle: Moorabbin Transit 553

Post by josh01 »

Inside looks like ventura 287
kadooment95

Leased Mercedes

Post by kadooment95 »

Hi all! At work today, I was told that CDC Oakleigh would be receiving a leased Mercedes of some sort. I can't see the demo Mercedes Citaro on the fleetlists anywhere(and I can't remember the rego) - maybe we're getting something newish to try out, or one of the O500LE's from Ballarat is being transferred?

Has anyone heard anything?
Leyland B21
Favourite Vehicle: Former Perth B21 /#32

Post by Leyland B21 »

Already reported in it's own thread
cal_t wrote:Strike coming up for all depots bar Tulla on coming Tues. No routes running.
Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
You can take the boy out of Armadale W.A but you cant take Armadale out of the boy!!!
Mitch
Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

Post by Mitch »

kadooment95 wrote:Hi all! At work today, I was told that CDC Oakleigh would be receiving a leased Mercedes of some sort. I can't see the demo Mercedes Citaro on the fleetlists anywhere(and I can't remember the rego) - maybe we're getting something newish to try out, or one of the O500LE's from Ballarat is being transferred?

Searching the VIN of the Citaro brings it up as registered in Victoria (1HD2YJ) and it has been since 2017 which is around the same time that it was withdrawn from the BT fleet. Whether it is still here or not is a different story.

Cheers,
Mitch :lol:
kadooment95

Post by kadooment95 »

Mitch wrote:
kadooment95 wrote:Hi all! At work today, I was told that CDC Oakleigh would be receiving a leased Mercedes of some sort. I can't see the demo Mercedes Citaro on the fleetlists anywhere(and I can't remember the rego) - maybe we're getting something newish to try out, or one of the O500LE's from Ballarat is being transferred?

Searching the VIN of the Citaro brings it up as registered in Victoria (1HD2YJ) and it has been since 2017 which is around the same time that it was withdrawn from the BT fleet. Whether it is still here or not is a different story.

Cheers,
Turns out its the Ex-CDC, Ex-Transdev, now CDC (again) Mercedes O500LE/BCI! Will now be Oakleigh #O136. :)
Mitch
Favourite Vehicle: VH-VUB

Post by Mitch »

Spotted today was CDC Geelong #138 (Volvo B7RLE, Volgren “CR228L”) on the back of a flatbed truck headed towards Melbourne. This could possibly be the same CR228L unit I saw disabled on Anakie Road in Bell Park last week, which had its route taken over by an older CR221L.

Cheers,
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

CDC's new fleet of Volvo B5LH low-floor diesel-electric hybrids (same model as those for Latrobe Valley that I've just posted on country observations):

Return to “Discussion - Melbourne / VIC”