What gives you the S&#T's!?

Somewhere to discuss things that don't fit into other categories.

Moderator: busrider

Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Re: What gives you the S&#T's!?

Post by Swift »

These little minds just hate any change. It's still a work in progress and it's not going to please all of the people all of the time. They feel entitled for time to freeze and nothing to improve. Luckily they will eventually die off.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
Newcastle Flyer

Post by Newcastle Flyer »

https://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/pages ... -page.aspx

The Liberals wouldn't let Cracker's speak.
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
Newcastle Flyer

YOU STUPID IDIOTS CHANNEL TEN/WIN NEWS

CDC Victoria is NOT part of Keolis Downer Hunter so why bloomin' show a picture of a CDC Victoria bus.

• To those motoristS, a speed limit of 60 & 50 doesn't mean to go at about half those speeds - except for a very valid reason.

• Again, you SEVERAL drivers, repeat after me, me & me! "A green light/arrow means what if safe to do?
White lives matter too.
Australia Day 26th Jan, the most important day in Australia as is 19 April, Cook's discovery of eastern Australia
scott

Post by scott »

The promos for MKR super dinner parties during the Commonwealth Games.

Seven have lost the plot with that show, kick em all off I say.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

The fact Victoria is now home to an "epidemic" of flesh-eating ulcers.
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

eddie mcguire and his nightly game show.surely they could have found someone else to host it such as james brayshaw or ed phillips to make it that little bit more bearable.
Newcastle Flyer

For CRYING OUT LOUD Swansea MP, Yasmin Catley, how many more times do you need telling that you DON'T change at Mount Hutton & Charlestown from Swansea to Newcastle?
White lives matter too.
Daz
Favourite Vehicle: 4964F Heritage

Post by Daz »

Roadworks. Engineering the same bumps into the same road in the same spot in the new surface is a testament to modern technology.
Did you hear the scarecrow got an award? He was out standing in his field.
Merc1107
Favourite Vehicle: MAN 18.310, MB O405NH, L94

Post by Merc1107 »

Daz wrote:Roadworks. Engineering the same bumps into the same road in the same spot in the new surface is a testament to modern technology.
I guess its what happens when you asphalt right over the top of a degraded bit of road... At least it seems that's what they do sometimes.

The fact that some roads aren't right from the start is another thing. Take Forest Hwy. in W.A. South of Pinjarra Rd., the asphalt changes to the coarse, loud, rough stuff. What I suppose is the "pitch" of the road becomes steeper and rutting in the road becomes very obvious. Drive in the left lane, and the car leans significantly to the left. Change over to the right, and halfway through the manoeuvre, you're level. Once you're in the right lane, you're lopsided again.

Of all the highways I've travelled on (and driven on) here in W.A., the Forest Hwy would have to be the poorest to drive on. And its only 8.5yrs old.
Newcastle Flyer

Dedicated train buses (ie: 110) claiming they don't connect with trains (PS: What happened to the "110" bus marshalls that use to be there?)
• Route 273 bus drivers that leave just as the train is pulling into the station.
• Again, you motorist, if you went on the green arrow if safe, the bus driver wouldn't have had to wait for a second round of the lights.
White lives matter too.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

* The fact if I'm not carrying my DSLR camera with me something amazing always goes down Happened this week where after leaving Maitland I see PSC's Newly transferred EX Brisbane City Council Scania L94UB Volgren do a run to Maitland station on an emergency train replacement shuttle. Not only that, they also had FRIGGIN AUSTRALS out that i'd kill to get a photo of too and the recently delivered Marco Polo Audieces. The only bonus out of this is that I got my shopping done quick smart then caught the 180 back to Maitland just in time to get on board one of PSC's Volvo Endura's that is an ex Volvo Stock bus that's sign written about something to do with "Volvo Safety". One of my first Endura's I've ridden on and It left me happy. Never been on a CDC one since their exclusive to school routes and am yet to see one on RR. Later on while heading to an appointment in Thornton, I see Newcastle Transport buses also operating Rail replacement in Thornton way outta their zone. Would've made for a few cool photos had I had my DSLR on me. Fingers crossed the next time it happens I have my camera on me.

* Rare buses or rarely seen buses come out when I'm not around. It took forever for me to get a few shots of m/o 3406 from Newcastle Transport and same goes for m/o 5515. Then Newcastle Transport operates their B10B Custom Coaches 238 buses on service routes when I'm not around. I only have 1 photo of a B10B but would like to catch all (3?) operating in service and the only chance I have of seeing them in service again is to get lucky they are operating service routes when I'm in Newcastle again or see if it's operated on a school route.
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Newcastle Flyer

And again, because several motorists over a few days parked in the bus zone, the bus driverS couldn't stop in the bus zone, and had to stop in the middle of the street, and the other day, due to this, the bus driver had to stop forward of the bus stop. If he stopped any further away, the Opal machine would not have been able to tap off.

Oh well, at least I took photos of it.
White lives matter too.
scott

Post by scott »

Perfectly good houses being knocked down, to be replaced by ugly king size mansions. We have one that was done last year, another ugly mansion just being completed and another house tore down this weekend. They don't fit into the streetscape and stand out like sore thumbs.

One of the mansions is now occupied by four families.
Swift

Post by Swift »

scott wrote:
Hmm, and I'm betting they are not white caucasians.
scott

Post by scott »

You are correct.

Our neighbourhood is not quite the same anymore, many residents have moved away, getting absolutely massive prices at auction, even on houses that are dumps.
Last edited by scott on Tue May 08, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newcastle Flyer

Swift wrote:
scott wrote:
Hmm, and I'm betting they are not white caucasians.
And?
White lives matter too.
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

troublemakers on cruise ships.mostly of the middle eastern variety although we do have some indians too.
Swift

Post by Swift »

Telstra's silly ad with a family doing cartwheels and backflips like it's routine. Indulgent tripe. Guess who pays for them.
Newcastle Flyer

Swift wrote:Telstra's silly ad with a family doing cartwheels and backflips like it's routine.
Well backflips were routine for "Back Flip Barry", and now it's "Aunt Gladys" turn of back flipping - Fe Fi Fo Fum do I smelle thy election-ith?
White lives matter too.
Newcastle Flyer

Just because you have a disabled sticker on your car gives YOU ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT TO STOP IN THE BUS BAY at Kotara, you b. If I didn't say anything, she (& he for the car in front) would've held the two buses up.

Two motorists parked their car in the bus bay at Kotara. Their should be a "NO ENTRY, BUSES ONLY" not that will stop them.
White lives matter too.
scott

Post by scott »

That biopic on Olivia Newton John last night. It was awful, only watched a few minutes before switching it off in disgust. I find it tacky doing a biopic on someone who is still alive.

Did not do well in the ratings apparently.
Swift

Post by Swift »

scott wrote:That biopic on Olivia Newton John last night. It was awful, only watched a few minutes before switching it off in disgust. I find it tacky doing a biopic on someone who is still alive.

Did not do well in the ratings apparently.
Wasn't there another one done with a different actress only recently?
It looks like it was all made mainly as a homage to Delta Goodrem!
Newcastle Flyer

So how many more times? (Let's just say he/she found a note on his windscreen)
White lives matter too.
homer9000

Post by homer9000 »

people picking up and dropping off in bus zones.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

All too common in the Adelaide CBD. At night, it's the headlights that are annoying whilst I'm looking out for a bus I'm waiting for. They often sit there idling from anything between 3 and10 minutes.

I just haven't been able to identify that sign that says 'Bus zone - Free 24/7 parking for cars and vans only!'. But apparently motorists seem to have no trouble with at least envisaging it!

Return to “The Lunch Room”