NSW Railway Observations - January to June 2018

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
swtt

Re: NSW Railway Observations - January to June 2018

Post by swtt »

I guess Opal data will tell us how many people will be travelling from C'town to Richmond during those hours :)
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

Maybe not many going all the way, but still three to Blacktown.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
andy_centralcoast

Post by andy_centralcoast »

Channel 7 news reporting up to 200 trains cancelled today/tonight due to "unexpected crew changes".
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

T1, T2, T3, T6, T7 and T8 all have alerts about reduced services
Details
Allow extra travel time as reduced services are running. Listen to announcements and check indicator boards.
So not much information,
Living in the Shire.
andy_centralcoast

Apparently a 4V BMT service was delayed long enough at Emu Plains tonight that the following 4V caught up to it and was joined together to continue together as a single 8V train. I guess that solves the problem if the first train didn't have a driver!
Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Post by Aurora »

andy_centralcoast wrote:Apparently a 4V BMT service was delayed long enough at Emu Plains tonight that the following 4V caught up to it and was joined together to continue together as a single 8V train. I guess that solves the problem if the first train didn't have a driver!
That one may have been due to the fatality at Penrith?
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
ScaniaGrenda
Favourite Vehicle: Scania,Volvo or Mercedes Buses

Post by ScaniaGrenda »

Endeavour Train 2813 apparently made it into the "Peter Rabbit Australian Trailer". Can't find the Australian trailer anywhere on Youtube at the moment so I may record the ad on my phone if you want and upload a link here. Just saw the Trailer and I thought "Hey wait, that's an Endeavour! what's that doing in the UK?". Alas it's not in the UK and is just the work of VFX (Or Visual FX)
Transport enthusiast & photographer / videographer since 2016, documenting & preserving our local Transport History through videos & photos.
Stonesourscotty
Favourite Vehicle: Wright Gemini 2 B9TL

Post by Stonesourscotty »

Just had the worst ever English announcement aboard a Leppington bound train. Change at Strathfield for a Circle court service. They really need to teach some of these conductors English to a acceptable level. There's some painful announcements that are not audible and some just wrong.

I have no Idea if he meant City Circle or Central coast service
TSE_SecretAni
Favourite Vehicle: Yutong E12, Bustech VST, Orana

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

Redfern returns as a stop on Blue Mountains Line. Redfern will be added as a stop to three morning and afternoon peak services: 05:44 from Mount Victoria to Central, 06:14 Mount Victoria to Central and 06:45 Mount Victoria to Central on morning peak. Afternoon peak: 16:33 from Central to Katoomba, 17:03 Central to Katoomba and 17:33 Central to Katoomba. I'm not sure when the train timetable on Blue Mountains Line will be change...
andy_centralcoast

It was confirmed above that timetable changes will come into effect on March 12th but haven't yet seen any news about them so starting to question if that's right
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

As posted earlier this week new timetables are up on Transport Info as from 12/3 except for some as mentioned in my previous post, including a new timetable for Blue Mountains in answer to TSE_SecretAni.
They may not make any announcement as they did not make any when they made the 25th January changes.
Living in the Shire.
YoYo

Post by YoYo »

I sent Sydney trains a message requesting a confirmation and they advised that there would be an announcement tonight.

For those that would like confirmation you can look at the timetables dated 12 March 2018 http://transportnsw.info

Bit disappointed about losing 5 express services via the T3 line during the week as I'm close to the end of the line before it joins the T2 line and the trip without the express is just a bit too long. Boo.

At least it'll give them an opportunity to get on top of all the maintenance etc so hopefully that'll translate to less lost time due to various incidences that may pop up. So maybe it'll balance out overall. :)
TSE_SecretAni
Favourite Vehicle: Yutong E12, Bustech VST, Orana

Post by TSE_SecretAni »

Fleet Lists wrote:As posted earlier this week before new timetables are up on Transport Info as from 12/3 except for some as mentioned in my previous post, including a new timetable for Blue Mountains in answer to TSE_SecretAni.
They may not make any announcement as they did not make any when they made the 25th January changes.

Fleet List, read this http://www.bluemountainsgazette.com.au/ ... ains-line/
andy_centralcoast

It was on the 6 o'clock news tonight that the timetable changes were quietly introduced for Monday but the opposition is putting pressure on the government to make a proper announcement of the changes so people can plan.
Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Post by Aurora »

andy_centralcoast wrote:It was on the 6 o'clock news tonight that the timetable changes were quietly introduced for Monday but the opposition is putting pressure on the government to make a proper announcement of the changes so people can plan.
The idiot opposition can calm down. Mobile apps and trip planner are updated. People can already plan.
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
gilberations

Post by gilberations »

W567 on fire at Lawson
andy_centralcoast

Sydney Trains cuts services to reduce chance of network meltdown
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/syd ... 4z39g.html

Article says 94 services a week which will mainly affect the Northern, North Shore, Bankstown, Cumberland and Carlingford lines.

Howard has told the media that the services being cut were the ones that carry very few passengers (based on Opal data), and that for Berowra they will stop more CCN services there instead of running "duplicate services".
boronia
Favourite Vehicle: Ahrens Fox; GMC PD4107

Post by boronia »

gilberations wrote:W567 on fire at Lawson
The 07.24 Central to Mt Vic service this morning was built up to 8 cars (not sure where the extra set came from, but was in the platform when the regular 4V ex Lithgow arrived). Guard said it was "because of the fire". Seemed a bit late to be sending a replacement set up there.
Preserving fire service history
@ The Museum of Fire.
MLVD

Post by MLVD »

PIDs have returned to Westfield Parramatta... almost:
IMG_20180308_121201a.jpg
sunnyyan
Favourite Vehicle: MB OC500LE CC CB60 CNG

Post by sunnyyan »

With the blue mountains fire, the Daily Telegraph seem to have mixed up the transport operators, saying the service was operated by Translink.
sd1800

Post by sd1800 »

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/50- ... 4z3e2.html

Old mate Constance:
"They certainly don’t provide ... a comfortable journey for our passengers."

Let's stick him on an OSCAR to Newcastle shall we?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

sd1800 wrote:https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/50- ... 4z3e2.html

Old mate Constance:
"They certainly don’t provide ... a comfortable journey for our passengers."

Let's stick him on an OSCAR to Newcastle shall we?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
I presume that's a V set with the fire. Impossible to see in the photo. Constance would never have travelled in a train. He would be surprised to learn that the Vs are still the most comfortable trains in the NSW fleet.
Tonymercury

Post by Tonymercury »

sunnyyan wrote:With the blue mountains fire, the Daily Telegraph seem to have mixed up the transport operators, saying the service was operated by Translink.
And this still surprises you?
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote:The 12th March timetables are now up on Transport Info except for Eastern Suburbs/Illawarra, Olympic Park, Blue Mountains, South Coast and Southern Highlands. New ones are expected for the first two as the current ones finish on 11/3.
Still no new T4 or T7 timetables on Transport Info with the old ones expiring on Sunday.
Living in the Shire.
swtt

Post by swtt »

Fleet Lists wrote:
Fleet Lists wrote:The 12th March timetables are now up on Transport Info except for Eastern Suburbs/Illawarra, Olympic Park, Blue Mountains, South Coast and Southern Highlands. New ones are expected for the first two as the current ones finish on 11/3.
Still no new T4 or T7 timetables on Transport Info with the old ones expiring on Sunday.
What's worse is no summary or actual list of services being cut which helps people plan!

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”