Nightride changes from March 2018

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Stu

Re: Nightride changes from March 2018

Post by Stu »

^ The question towards TfNSW should ask why is the scope for the size of the bus limited? Maybe the reason for standard size buses only is to create an even playing ground for the tender process as not all bus operatives have artic buses or 14.5m rigid buses.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Because I guess its all about saving as much money as possible. I think it should also be considered that again, night services already have higher operating costs to run. But oh sure, you somehow found all that money for that farcical orange rebranding we never needed, oops sorry not going OT :D

Actually though on second thought, deckers might not be the best idea. You have to factor in that the stairs are narrow, I dont really like the idea of drunk kids falling down the narrow stairs. But then again, London has deckers going all night on its NightRide...
kypros1992

Post by kypros1992 »

Fleet Lists wrote:N10 and N11 from City to Cronulla and Sutherland currently Punchbowl I think.
N90 City to Hornsby via Chatswood - Transdev. Will they retain N80 to Hornsby via Strathfield?
N91 - What is this new route?

With this new route, does this mean the foreshadowed review of Nightride services is to take place in March?
Full route
Macquarie Centre Stand B
Lane Cove Rd After Waterloo Rd
Delhi Rd Opp North Ryde Station
Chatswood Station Railway St Stand H
Artarmon Station Hampden St
St Leonards Station Pacific Hwy Stand A
Pacific Hwy After Falcon St
Pacific Hwy At West St
Pacific Hwy At Walker St
Wynyard Station York St Stand K
Town Hall Station Park St Stand H
Kings Cross Station Bayswater Rd Stand C
Edgecliff Station New South Head Rd Stand P
Bondi Junction Station Stand G
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

New route markers now up for N90 and N91
swtt

Post by swtt »

Xplorer wrote:New route markers now up for N90 and N91

Any official news about it yet? Whilst not doubting the information provided here, nevertheless the official announcement would be a good thing to have.
Geo101

Post by Geo101 »

Route N81 Parramatta to City via Sydney Olympic Park and Wentworth Point (Thursday-Saturday only)

https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/newsro ... us-bonanza

Any reason why this won't be operating 7 days a week? Any confirmation that it will be a part of the March 2018 changes?
iamthouth

Post by iamthouth »

Tomorrow is two weeks from the start date of N81 and the timetable will be in Transport Info. The route is actually there already, but it states timetables are not yet available because Transport Info only looks 14 days in advance. I had thought it would be available today, but perhaps because the services start Thursday evening into Friday night, it might only become available tommorrow.

Oddly, N91 with the same start date is available, perhaps because it is a 7 day service?
https://transportnsw.info/documents/tim ... 180301.pdf
swtt

Post by swtt »

N81 has also been "loaded" on, but without the PDF TT.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

I’ve found the new route maps and uploaded for anyone who wants a sneak peak - enjoy!

https://imgur.com/a/CDM1a
swtt

Post by swtt »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:I’ve found the new route maps and uploaded for anyone who wants a sneak peak - enjoy!

https://imgur.com/a/CDM1a
hahaha N81 is essentially marrying up the 461, 458, 533, 525!
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

What a convoluted route from Strathfield to Parramatta !!
swtt

Post by swtt »

burrumbus wrote:What a convoluted route from Strathfield to Parramatta !!
I guess the design of that route is actually the Victoria Road corridor and also Rhodes/Wentworth Point as opposed to a more direct service.
gilberations

Post by gilberations »

Consider the fact of the mass high density housing it passes and the route makes sense
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

Was surprised to see with the extended N20 that it doesn’t stop at Domestic Terminals but only at the Qantas Jetbase & International. It just popped into my mind the N20 is soon to be Punchbowl Bus Company only night ride route.
Geo101

Post by Geo101 »

Yep, I suppose it takes in the tradition of the Night Ride network.

I'm pretty happy there is finally a route through Olympic Park, but I suppose a bit disappointed that it's only Thurs-Sat night.

Anyhow, all good things to those who wait!!
swtt

Post by swtt »

It's still hush hush from the government. Wouldn't they want to announce this good news quickly?
J_Busworth
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Post by J_Busworth »

swtt wrote:It's still hush hush from the government. Wouldn't they want to announce this good news quickly?
Given how many days notice some of the other timetables changes have got recently through Transport Info, maybe 3 or 4 days before it happens.
https://transportnswblog.com
RIP STA L113s 28/01/93 - 12/01/22
neilrex

Post by neilrex »

There needs to be better signage at railway stations as to where the nightride bus stops are. The ones I have used were obscure and hard to find.
ed24

Post by ed24 »

I am guessing the N90 will reduce from once per half hour to hourly on weekends with the N91 taking over the truncated Gordon N90 service? If not, the N91 should have skipped Artarmon or even expressed down the freeway further to avoid some duplication.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

ed24 wrote:I am guessing the N90 will reduce from once per half hour to hourly on weekends with the N91 taking over the truncated Gordon N90 service? If not, the N91 should have skipped Artarmon or even expressed down the freeway further to avoid some duplication.
I reckon you're right. I doubt they'd run a Nightride 3x an hour on the lower North Shore corridor - thats more than anyone else. Not counting 151 which runs about 3x an hour on weekends (has different intervals, its a bit weird) and then has the 188 supplementing it

EDIT actually oops, sorry, had a blind moment there, just forgot about all those NightRides on Parramatta Road, so in theory it is possible, remains to be seen. I hope so, personally.
neilrex wrote:There needs to be better signage at railway stations as to where the nightride bus stops are. The ones I have used were obscure and hard to find.
The Hop Branding was actually meant to be helping you?? ha ha ha... Well, not being biased, Labors exit signage didn't point you to where the NightRide was either, so theres that.

But Labor's NightRide bus stops did have their own logo - a circle with a silhouette of Sydney inside + a bus, on a midnight blue background. The Libs have gotten rid of that and merged it with the light blue B stops, forcing you to find out for yourself in the dark or your use your phone so not good really.

On the other hand - the Libs' signage DOES, off the top of my head, say what Bus Stands (but not ROUTES) are near this exit, something Labors signage didn't do either (it was just "Buses"). Your phone (with the appropriate app) then tells you which stand the Nightride leaves from.
Geo101

Post by Geo101 »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:
ed24 wrote: On the other hand - the Libs' signage DOES, off the top of my head, say what Bus Stands (but not ROUTES) are near this exit, something Labors signage didn't do either (it was just "Buses"). Your phone (with the appropriate app) then tells you which stand the Nightride leaves from.
I recall when I first moved to Melbourne, and Spencer Street station was undergoing major renovations.

The signage was excellent, but those lines painted on the floor really did help out.

Follow blue to etc, follow yellow to, etc.

As a newcomer to Melbourne, it certainly helped me navigate from A-B.

Doubt any app would have been as efficient from a punter's point of view!!
aussieboy

Post by aussieboy »

Now that Nightride buses are doing more than just train replacement, is it time to produce a proper night network map, bringing in all the other 24 hour bus services? Makes no sense that you can catch a 3xx or 1xx to get to Sydney's nice suburbs at 4am, but you have to catch an Nxx to go anywhere else.
kypros1992

Post by kypros1992 »

aussieboy wrote:Now that Nightride buses are doing more than just train replacement, is it time to produce a proper night network map, bringing in all the other 24 hour bus services?
Only a proposed night map from Hassle Free Nights ever existed.
https://web.archive.org/web/20110216021 ... 803FA3.pdf
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

iamthouth wrote:Tomorrow is two weeks from the start date of N81 and the timetable will be in Transport Info. The route is actually there already, but it states timetables are not yet available because Transport Info only looks 14 days in advance. I had thought it would be available today, but perhaps because the services start Thursday evening into Friday night, it might only become available tommorrow.

Oddly, N91 with the same start date is available, perhaps because it is a 7 day service?
https://transportnsw.info/documents/tim ... 180301.pdf
I am just back from just over a week away and the link in this post does not seem to work.
Living in the Shire.
swtt

Post by swtt »

Seems to have been removed now. It did work before.

Its existence however, on TfNSW is still not removed.

https://transportnsw.info/routes/detail ... /n91/26N91

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”