2017-8 NSW State Budget - Buses

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Xplorer

Re: 2017-8 NSW State Budget - Buses

Post by Xplorer »

if the 352 one meant adding weekend services and later evening services, then that one has been done
extra 914 services were added a while ago
the 859 one sounds like route 850 of the present day
swtt

Post by swtt »

Xplorer wrote:if the 352 one meant adding weekend services and later evening services, then that one has been done

Updated again: http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... 5#p1020265

I wonder what the 461 and M52 change are though.

461 to have frequencies that align with the original metrobus frequencies? It is a designated Rapid route! (The AM peak currently 10 min from Burwood, 30 min off peak, which is pretty atrocious)

M52 to take over all route 500 services ex Top Ryde and operate as short runners? Or all 500 converted to M52 and extended into Parramatta?
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

If I'm correct the 392/X92 has a few more earlier morning trips & a couple more trips in the peaks. Also 2 evening trips now extend to La Perouse.
Update: Not to sure if this was the case previously there are 2 evening peak 324 short-workings from Edgecliff.
simonl

Post by simonl »

swtt wrote:
Xplorer wrote:if the 352 one meant adding weekend services and later evening services, then that one has been done

Updated again: http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... 5#p1020265

I wonder what the 461 and M52 change are though.

461 to have frequencies that align with the original metrobus frequencies? It is a designated Rapid route! (The AM peak currently 10 min from Burwood, 30 min off peak, which is pretty atrocious)

M52 to take over all route 500 services ex Top Ryde and operate as short runners? Or all 500 converted to M52 and extended into Parramatta?
Why wouldn't they fulfill some of their overdue promises from Sydney's bus future? That was 10 minute peak and interpeak, 15 minute weekend frequencies IIRC for both the M52 and 461. Not sure about evenings. M52 was also to become limited stops all the way to Parramatta and 461 was to become limited stops. Wouldn't be holding my breath for those upgrades though.

EDIT: Looks like the 461 is to go to 20 minutes weekdays interpeak, no other upgrades are obvious to the 461 or M52 outside peak.
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

simonl wrote: Why wouldn't they fulfill some of their overdue promises from Sydney's bus future? That was 10 minute peak and interpeak, 15 minute weekend frequencies IIRC for both the M52 and 461. Not sure about evenings. M52 was also to become limited stops all the way to Parramatta and 461 was to become limited stops. Wouldn't be holding my breath for those upgrades though.

EDIT: Looks like the 461 is to go to 20 minutes weekdays interpeak, no other upgrades are obvious to the 461 or M52 outside peak.
M52 will most likely be the next candidate for B-Line.
swtt

Post by swtt »

mandonov wrote: M52 will most likely be the next candidate for B-Line.
The conspiracy theorist in me says if that's the case, its full implementation will be by December 2018 - just in time for the March 2019 state election! :lol:
simonl

Post by simonl »

Sounds like a good idea but they haven't said anything about it yet.
swtt

Post by swtt »

simonl wrote:Why wouldn't they fulfill some of their overdue promises from Sydney's bus future? That was 10 minute peak and interpeak, 15 minute weekend frequencies IIRC for both the M52 and 461. Not sure about evenings. M52 was also to become limited stops all the way to Parramatta and 461 was to become limited stops. Wouldn't be holding my breath for those upgrades though.

I would like them to fulfill Sydney's Bus Future plans ASAP myself - but almost every time there have been major changes to each region they have seemingly just been tweaks here and there without major increases in frequencies. Hillsbus excepted - 610X/M61/607X have seen huge increases over the past years.

I was also wrong about 461 being 30 min off peak - it is already 20 min weekdays interpeak and 30 off peak.
pgt
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202/MB O305G/Volvo B10M

Post by pgt »

swtt wrote:
mandonov wrote: M52 will most likely be the next candidate for B-Line.
The conspiracy theorist in me says if that's the case, its full implementation will be by December 2018 - just in time for the March 2019 state election! :lol:
The theorist in me says that this, coupled with the sighting of a B-Line double deck bus at Northmead (http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewt ... 5#p1020691), means that if the M52 were indeed converted to B-Line, they'd have to revert to the old L20 stopping pattern to make it work - ie. limited stops all the way to Parramatta, at which point you'd need a similar all stops bus a-la 199 running parallel for part of the route (oh, say, Top Ryde to Parramatta, being the current all-stops section).

I would assume said buses would clear the 4.5m rail underpass at West Ryde?
"It's my way or the (side of the) highway".
Might be a way to lead life, but more like the way that some people drive.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

swtt wrote: I would like them to fulfill Sydney's Bus Future plans ASAP myself - but almost every time there have been major changes to each region they have seemingly just been tweaks here and there without major increases in frequencies. Hillsbus excepted - 610X/M61/607X have seen huge increases over the past years.
I agree but that plan is starting to get out of date and I have a horrible feeling that most of what was planned there will never see the light of day. Budget constraints would be given as the reason for that.
Living in the Shire.
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

Fleet Lists wrote: I agree but that plan is starting to get out of date and I have a horrible feeling that most of what was planned there will never see the light of day. Budget constraints would be given as the reason for that.
I'm hoping that the hold up is just due to the slow progress of the corridor rationalisations, but that hope dwindles as the months tick by.

Though I did find it interesting that the T80 is now recently being promoted as a rapid route by Transit Systems.
Tonymercury

Post by Tonymercury »

Fleet Lists wrote: I agree but that plan is starting to get out of date and I have a horrible feeling that most of what was planned there will never see the light of day.
Probably confirming it was more of the 'Never mind the quality - feel the width" campaign.

The easiest thing to achieve is the reduction in the number of stops and this seems to only have one person working on it on a part time basis.

The second most easily achieved bus improvement must be traffic light priority, and there is no sign of anyone being really serious about that.
Last edited by Tonymercury on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
swtt

Post by swtt »

Fleet Lists wrote:
swtt wrote: I would like them to fulfill Sydney's Bus Future plans ASAP myself - but almost every time there have been major changes to each region they have seemingly just been tweaks here and there without major increases in frequencies. Hillsbus excepted - 610X/M61/607X have seen huge increases over the past years.
I agree but that plan is starting to get out of date and I have a horrible feeling that most of what was planned there will never see the light of day. Budget constraints would be given as the reason for that.
Actually, the appendices to the M61 and M41 bus stop rationalisation submission reports still refer to them as Rapid Route 10 and Rapid Route 6!

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
swtt

Post by swtt »

mandonov wrote:I made the list of changes easier to read:
Sydney Metropolitan

More than 1,600 additional services on the following routes:
Route 461 Burwood to City via Parramatta Road;

New, extended or enhanced all-night services on the following routes:
Route 400 Burwood to Bondi Junction via Sydney Airport;
Route 423 Kingsgrove to City via Earlwood and Newtown;
Hey, before this 2018 budget swings around, these haven't been done yet!!!!
Tonymercury

Post by Tonymercury »

swtt wrote:
Hey, before this 2018 budget swings around, these haven't been done yet!!!!
There's still three weeks until the end of the financial year!

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”