New Years Eve services

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
hillsbus

New Years Eve services

Post by hillsbus »

Just looking on the AdMet site these overnight services have been advertised but timetables no released yet. Seems to be rather late to release timetables only a few days before NYE?
Torrens_5022

Re: New Years Eve services

Post by Torrens_5022 »

It's very annoying, as someone who has to work NYE it would be nice to know if I should drive or will a bus be available, I know they will run, but will it be a 262, N262, 263 or 265.
jibb

Post by jibb »

No "N" services on New Years Eve.You will find a 262 service will operate(no 265 or 263) which will operate at good frequencies till about 400am.
Torrens_5022

Post by Torrens_5022 »

Usually if I remember correctly it's a N262 on NYE - It might be labelled as a 262 but it runs via the N262 route which is via Glenelg and Sturt Road, it doesn't service Brighton station.
jibb

Post by jibb »

New Years Eve and morning "Special"timetables for all Public Transport services are now on-line at the Adelaide Metro website.
I Follow PAFC
Favourite Vehicle: Any low floor bus

Post by I Follow PAFC »

jibb wrote:New Years Eve and morning "Special"timetables for all Public Transport services are now on-line at the Adelaide Metro website.
Can't see the H1 bus.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Free Travel on all services on Sunday night for those attending BBL Strikers Match.
Extra Trams and Trains before and after the match.
No extra buses before and after the game,because all available resources will be rostered for New Years Eve/Morning services.That is bound to create problems after the game as only Sunday night services operating and they will be busy anyway and I cannot see normal services handling the crowds.
For example the O-Bahn normally has about 17 AO services(as far as Paradise).-with a normal 15 minute Currie and Grenfell Street service-that will be a problem?
Maybe Adelaide Metro thinks everyone will stay in town-kids as well?
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

jibb wrote:Free Travel on all services on Sunday night for those attending BBL Strikers Match.
Extra Trams and Trains before and after the match.
No extra buses before and after the game,because all available resources will be rostered for New Years Eve/Morning services.That is bound to create problems after the game as only Sunday night services operating and they will be busy anyway and I cannot see normal services handling the crowds.
For example the O-Bahn normally has about 17 AO services(as far as Paradise).-with a normal 15 minute Currie and Grenfell Street service-that will be a problem?
Maybe Adelaide Metro thinks everyone will stay in town-kids as well?
A lot of people stay at Adelaide Oval post-match for a free concert then stick around for the midnight fireworks, albeit many also leave after the concert at Adelaide Oval.
O-Bahn buses never operate at 15 minute frequencies on NYE. Usually 5 minutes or better. The NYE timetables online show that O-Bahn buses will be very frequent throughout the evening. Looks like a lot of Saturday-only trips are also operating on this Sunday night, including O-Bahn feeders as well as 202 & G10 services that normally operate on a Saturday night only.
jibb

Post by jibb »

I never said O-Bahn New Years Eve services ran at 15 minute intervals.What I did say if you read my comments referred to normal Sunday night service.
Not all families will stay in town.
Torrens_5022

Post by Torrens_5022 »

O'Bahn buses (C1T) Will be operating every 7mins (approx.) between 3.36pm and 1.53am then every half hour until 4.26am. Will they be using 6 carriage trains for the Seaford services? especially the 1230 one.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

Torrens_5022 wrote:O'Bahn buses (C1T) Will be operating every 7mins (approx.) between 3.36pm and 1.53am then every half hour until 4.26am. Will they be using 6 carriage trains for the Seaford services? especially the 1230 one.
They'll probably just make an excuse for some essential maintenance and use two car diesel sets on all services. At least it'll save a few bucks!
jibb

Post by jibb »

Which bus operator will be doing Railway Station to Wigley Reserve, and Railway Station to Maxwell Terrace Glenelg?
mmosca447
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202

Post by mmosca447 »

jibb wrote:Which bus operator will be doing Railway Station to Wigley Reserve, and Railway Station to Maxwell Terrace Glenelg?
I imagine it would be Torrens Transit but I am not sure? This is only based on the fact that they operate most of the Glenelg to City routes.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Not correct-LCB run 262/263/265 services from Glenelg to City and vice versa. Torrens Transit are already busy doing Outer Harbour/Grange Rail subs.
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

Fairly sure LCB has run these tram supplement services in the past?
steve146951bg
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL200 Volvo B59

Post by steve146951bg »

Tram shuttles on NYE are Light City services - I'm going to be celebrating the new year behind the wheel this time around haha.
Steve B - Bus Operator - Light City Buses - St. Agnes Depot - Bald n Fat - Cat Owner(x2) - Holden Driver
hillsbus

Post by hillsbus »

Anyone else noticed how the NYE special timetable appears to have the M44 and 544 going via King William St as per their old route some years ago?
jibb

Post by jibb »

hillsbus wrote:Anyone else noticed how the NYE special timetable appears to have the M44 and 544 going via King William St as per their old route some years ago?
Stop numbers are correct, street name incorrect.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Trams are running to a 7 minute frequency since early afternoon until about 330am between Entertainment Centre and Brighton Road Glenelg, supplemented with 2 bus services( 1 to Wigley Reserve Glenelg,the other Maxwell Terrace Glenelg, alongside tram terminus.) O-Bahn from City to TTP every 3-4 minutes.
Most bus services(till after midnight) are running hourly services.)
Trains till midnight hourly. Earlier in the afternoon Seaford trains were so full that they ran non-stop from Oaklands Park to Adelaide Railway Station.
I saw a City bound train around 1000pm crossing Brighton Road headed to the City packed.
mmosca447
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202

Post by mmosca447 »

Happy new year everyone. Hope it brings many positive times in the transport world and for the year to come :D
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

jibb wrote:Trains till midnight hourly. Earlier in the afternoon Seaford trains were so full that they ran non-stop from Oaklands Park to Adelaide Railway Station.
I saw a City bound train around 1000pm crossing Brighton Road headed to the City packed.
All trains and train subs were running half hourly (except Grange and Tonsley) until approx. 2am then hourly after that.
There were two extra trains from Brighton leaving shortly after Seaford services (which were full) around 5:00 and 5:30pm. Not surprisingly both of those were full standing loads before Adelaide. There were also two extra services from Salisbury at similar times. Why are Adelaide Metro so reluctant to run extra trains or put extra capacity on? There were no 6-car Seaford trains at busy times that I saw - all 3 cars. I know there are a couple of platforms that are a bit short but on such busy days there's no reason not to increase capacity and frequency. Having two essentially backup services is not my idea of extra services. Pretty disappointing the same thing happens year after year.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Seems to me if you were using the tram or O-Bahn after midnight(even in the late afternoon and evening) you were very well catered for with very frequent services.
Most other bus routes didn't fare as well with many services overloaded and lots of people left behind. Complaints to Adelaide Metro and the media-I'm sure we will hear more about this.
Torrens_5022

Post by Torrens_5022 »

The train at Brighton at 10pm would be packed because the fireworks were at 930pm and everyone rushes for the next train, it happens every time, they should have had a extra train sitting at Brighton platform 2/3 waiting for the rush.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

From my obs, every O'bahn service leaving F2 after midnight was an artic with a full standing load. I was even thinking of catching 1276 on an M44 about 6PM that would (presumably) return to Marion just to see how full it would be!
jibb

Post by jibb »

TA3001 wrote:From my obs, every O'bahn service leaving F2 after midnight was an artic with a full standing load. I was even thinking of catching 1276 on an M44 about 6PM that would (presumably) return to Marion just to see how full it would be!
Despite a press release from Acting Transport Minister Susan Close that articulated buses would be used wherever possible to increase capacity on services I noticed that Light-City Buses didn't use many on their non-OBahn routes(ie North-South services as well as 271-273-235 routes).

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”