'The Hop' Branding Rollout

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
homebush

Re: 'The Hop' Branding Rollout

Post by homebush »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:Some stations that never had (Hop) platform-wayfinding before the new timetable have gotten this recently since the new timetable.
IMG_9957.jpg
Mascot. First Airport Link station I've seen with this kind of sign.
IMG_9975.jpg
IMG_9976.jpg
Redfern has been given back platform information too which was wrongly removed when the station underwent Hop treatment.
IMG_9977.jpg
They forgot one for platform 12??? Looks pretty half baked to me
Imo the city branding is more confusing. Instead, they should list the lines and the directions it travels in
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

TfNSW's irritating circlejerk of "if it works well or its a good thing then its bad and needs to go" strikes yet again.

The new signs at Redfern already all got taken down... yea thanks TfNSW I actually liked relying on them to tell me which platform T2 Inner West was on as im an infrequent user of the station and already forgot.
jake_s_258

Post by jake_s_258 »

Miranda station getting new signage and furniture last week
Miranda
Miranda
20180201_140235.jpg (249.15 KiB) Viewed 13597 times
Stu

Post by Stu »

The bus shelter facing inbound on the corner of George St & Quay St, Railway Sq has finally been removed after the bus stop was moved a little back further West for the CSELR & CBD bus network changes. The dumb part of this is not the tardiness factor, more so the fact that the bus stop was re-branded into HOP livery. The rebrand also happened a few months after the 04/10/2015 bus network changes.
iamthouth

Post by iamthouth »

Email from TfNSW today that Digital bus stop displays are to be installed this Wednesday at QVB Stand B and Park St Stand K.
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Stu wrote:The bus shelter facing inbound on the corner of George St & Quay St, Railway Sq has finally been removed after the bus stop was moved a little back further West for the CSELR & CBD bus network changes. The dumb part of this is not the tardiness factor, more so the fact that the bus stop was re-branded into HOP livery. The rebrand also happened a few months after the 04/10/2015 bus network changes.
Interesting they took that long. 431's abandoned section in The Rocks, they sure were very quick to remove the shelters and stops/poles, perhaps signifying they've already decided that the bus (sadly) isn't coming back after the Light Rail construction is complete.

I wonder why they took so long to remove that shelter (I know which one you're talking about) at Central Station, or better yet, even bother rebranding it in the first place. Imagine if The Hop designed a new design of shelter for the inner city stops, and this stop at central received it - only for it to become obsolete shortly later.

While we're at it, they are covering up mistakes/change-of-mind signage at the stations with cardboard, how cheap, like the next-stop signage on the platforms at Parramatta or the former wide gate at Redfern Gibson St exit. Why install signage which is so hard to change if something at the station changes (removing gates at Redfern) or if you clearly stuffed up (Next Station signage at Parramatta). More incompetence and mismanagement from this government. These signs are all black slabs of aluminium, nailed onto another piece of aluminium, with the white text permanently printed on top. Of course changing it will be a nightmare. At least Labors signage, which was just basically large plastic stickers stuck on walls, could just be stickered over with new signage when appropriate. Easy.
iamthouth wrote:Email from TfNSW today that Digital bus stop displays are to be installed this Wednesday at QVB Stand B and Park St Stand K.
I'm very glad to hear this is now making its way outside of B-Line. One of the easily best things about B-Line, these stop displays, and so glad to see unlike the hopeless Labor administration, they didn't restrict a key selling point from their bus project (in their case; automatic stop announcements on Metrobus) and flush it down the loo.
gld59

Post by gld59 »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:I wonder why they took so long to remove that shelter
Probably poorly written contracts. I suspect the contracts are normally written with only the primary purpose in mind (advertising signs), with no provision for the secondary purpose (shelter at a bus stop). The stop can move wherever it wants, but the advertising sign stays put.

gld
moa999

Post by moa999 »

iamthouth wrote:Email from TfNSW today that Digital bus stop displays are to be installed this Wednesday at QVB Stand B and Park St Stand K.
Why a separate display though?

Just build it into the top 10-15cm of the digital ad board in the shelter (think most of the CBD ones are digital now)

Win.win.
No additional infrastructure door TfNSW.
People actually look at the ads.

You could even go further and alternate the ads with route maps, or even live positioning.
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

Because a lot of stops, especially in the CBD, are under awnings without a dedicated shelter and advertising space. Also the B-Line stile indicator is quite high up and visible from farther away than a 6ft high ad board.
TheOpalUser

Post by TheOpalUser »

Here's a photo: https://m.imgur.com/a/tOmEi
Posts and comments made here are my own personal opinions, and not on behalf of my employer.
swtt

Post by swtt »

BeauGiles wrote:
Here's a photo: https://m.imgur.com/a/tOmEi
Wow I thought it was something more like the B line stop displays! This is turning the paper into a screen!

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Today in conjunction with the new Nightride timetables, the N11 stop towards the City was moved about 10 meters East with a new stand type I had not seen before.
On the other hand the stop towards Cronulla was still the old stand with grubby plastic although there was a new timetable inside, with a piece of paper tied on above advising that State Transit was taking ove N10 and N11 as from today.
Attachments
IMG_1586.JPG
IMG_1586.JPG (133.2 KiB) Viewed 12726 times
IMG_1585.JPG
IMG_1585.JPG (127.7 KiB) Viewed 12726 times
IMG_1584.JPG
IMG_1584.JPG (161.66 KiB) Viewed 12726 times
Living in the Shire.
mandonov

Post by mandonov »

mattyc

Post by mattyc »

Olympic Park is getting Hop signage with these appearing on Friday afternoon. The round orange T signs have also appeared on the wooden structures either side of the entrance at ANZ stadium (western) end, with workers starting to replace the signs above the gates on the eastern side Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jurassic_Joke

Post by Jurassic_Joke »

Well, glad to see. It shouldn't have been exempt from the rebrand in the first place, or rather, taken them this long to repaint it when every other adjacent station has been rebranded now up to two years ago already. After all, the point of this costly project was to "unify" the network.

I note as well the Airport Line stations were among the last to get rebranded and even then theres still many of the original signs in place. Curious to see if Olympic Park will keep its unique signs inside the station.
J_Busworth
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Post by J_Busworth »

I wouldn't trust TfNSW to do anything right, so expect as few mistakes and old signs left behind. I have noticed that at some stations all but the last signs on either end of the platform have been changed, which seems silly if not a little odd.
https://transportnswblog.com
RIP STA L113s 28/01/93 - 12/01/22
Swift
Favourite Vehicle: Porshe 911 Carerra

Post by Swift »

A more fitting name should be Transport for Vested Interests.
NSW, the state that embraces mediocrity.
mattyc

'The Hop' Branding Rollout

Post by mattyc »

Jurassic_Joke wrote:Well, glad to see. It shouldn't have been exempt from the rebrand in the first place, or rather, taken them this long to repaint it when every other adjacent station has been rebranded now up to two years ago already. After all, the point of this costly project was to "unify" the network.

I note as well the Airport Line stations were among the last to get rebranded and even then theres still many of the original signs in place. Curious to see if Olympic Park will keep its unique signs inside the station.
They’re replacing the ‘unique’ signs inside the station. Only platform 4 had been done on Saturday ... didn’t notice tonight when I got off coming home, but I’ll check tomorrow morning on my commute to work to see if they’ve done any other platforms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MLVD

Post by MLVD »

Is Granville the only interchange that uses that station board style sign in bus blue?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (251.21 KiB) Viewed 11134 times
Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Woy Woy is getting done.

Gosford still has the 90s version with the red line colour so surely it can't be too far off.
gilberations

Post by gilberations »

MLVD wrote:Is Granville the only interchange that uses that station board style sign in bus blue?
Capture.PNG

No, Blacktown, Parramatta, Circular Quay at least also have it from what I’ve seen. Ferri s have it in green and light rail in r d
Ranger82

Post by Ranger82 »

City Stations

90s Signage Left
Panania

Blue 00s Signage Left
Eskinville (Half Replaced), St Peters (Half Replaced), Carlton, Penthurst (Half Replaced)

Does anyone know if they have Started to do the Intercity Stations Yet
Ranger82

Post by Ranger82 »

gilberations wrote:
MLVD wrote:Is Granville the only interchange that uses that station board style sign in bus blue?
Capture.PNG

No, Blacktown, Parramatta, Circular Quay at least also have it from what I’ve seen. Ferri s have it in green and light rail in r d
B Line Stop have them
Aurora
Favourite Vehicle: C set

Post by Aurora »

Ranger82 wrote:Blue 00s Signage Left
Eskinville (Half Replaced), St Peters (Half Replaced), Carlton, Penthurst (Half Replaced)
Harris Park also with CityRail blue and white. I presume they'll be replaced once the station upgrade has been completed.

Flemington was recently done with some signs having their own stands rather than using the nearby lighting poles.
An asset of NSW. All opinions/comments are strictly my own.
M 5885.
J_Busworth
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L113TRB Ansair Orana

Post by J_Busworth »

Capture.PNG
Bondi Junction Interchange also has them
https://transportnswblog.com
RIP STA L113s 28/01/93 - 12/01/22

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”