New Coastal Liner website

Sydney / New South Wales Transport Discussion
Fleet Lists
Administrator

New Coastal Liner website

Post by Fleet Lists »

Coastal Liner have launched a new website http://www.coastalliner.com.au/
They had some timetable problems where the links for routes 10, 11, 12 and 13 did not work. I emailed them about that and within an hour I had a reply that they had removed the error links and will add new ones once they work out what is required. Personally I think the link to the pdf timetable should suffice.
Living in the Shire.
marcnut1996
Favourite Vehicle: Electric buses

Re: New Coastal Liner website

Post by marcnut1996 »

Their website says they operate services in "Outer Sydney Metropolitan Bus Service Region 11". I have never heard of a region 11 for outer metropolitan regions. I thought they were under Region 6.
Originally a Sydneysider, now a Melburnian
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Yes that seems to be another mistake.
Living in the Shire.
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

Not quite, Coastal Liner re-signed last year as OSMBSC Region 11, until 1 January 2018.
marcnut1996
Favourite Vehicle: Electric buses

Post by marcnut1996 »

Are there any other new OSMBSCs created? Where was that information from by the way?
Originally a Sydneysider, now a Melburnian
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

All the information about the bus regions seems to have disappeared from the Transport for NSW website and the four references to it from the wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Ou ... _Contracts all no longer work. But from what I can find in Transport info maps, Coastal liner seems to be the only one which has separated but there is no mention of a region number.
Living in the Shire.
burrumbus

Post by burrumbus »

Gents,Nortale Pty.Ltd,t/a Coastal Liner does in fact operate a separate contract for OMSBC 11.George Caruana did very well in getting a separate contract for his own operating area for his quality small medium operation.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

It is just intriging that they also still operate a few trips in the Busways region.
Living in the Shire.
Daniel
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz O405 / CC '510'

Post by Daniel »

It should also be noted that Dion's (Seapost Pty Ltd) was also separated into OMSBC 12.
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

Fleet Lists wrote:It is just intriging that they also still operate a few trips in the Busways region.
I was just going through some Busways Transport Info timetables including routes 91 and 98. I found that for both routes there are two lots of timetables and it now appears that one timetable for each route includes the Busways trips and the other the Coastal Liner trips.
For route 91 the suspected Coastal Liner timetable contains 4 Sunday round trips only while fore route 98 5 Saturday round trips only. They may contain more during school terms.
Living in the Shire.
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

Coastal Liner has one weekend shift: they do every second 78 and 98 on saturday, and all of 80 and 91 on sunday. on weekdays, they do one or two 78s and 98s
Fleet Lists
Administrator

Post by Fleet Lists »

That muddied the water even further - There is only one timetable for route 78 on Transport Info and one for route 80. The one for route 78 includes the weekday and Saturday timetable but no Sunday which is missing. On the other hand the route 80 is for Sunday only with no weekday or Saturday services which are missing.
The URL's for timetables have recently had a code added for operators and in some case a separate one for each region. In the case of the 91 and 98 timetables which look as though they contain the Coastal Liner trips, the code is 85 for Coastal Liner and the other two have 68 for Busways Central Coast.
But 78 and 80 both have 85 for Coastal Liner even though the 78 one contains the Busways information.
And the ones with the 85 code show as being operated by Coastal Liner.
Living in the Shire.

Return to “Discussion - Sydney / NSW”