[Nov/Dec 2017] SA Transport observations

Adelaide / South Australia Transport Discussion
Skexis

Re: [Nov/Dec 2017] SA Transport observations

Post by Skexis »

A few of the older buses have excessively loud indicator repeaters. What annoys me the most though are those that have the loud beep whenever the handbrake is released and I spend all day using the footbrake only.
TA3001
Favourite Vehicle: 1640. In service - 1738

Post by TA3001 »

busrider wrote:Maybe the indicator was accidentally wired to the reverse beeper?
Could be a possibility, but it's an example of Port's 'maintenance' overall. I heard from a driver that it's been doing this for at least a week, possibly causing headaches to drivers.

I'll be ringing the DPTI in regards to this depot tomorrow, for the second time regarding several things.
jibb

Post by jibb »

Another new Scania CB80(unregistered) at Custom Coaches today-deliveries seem to be slowing down!
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

Some Midis that were at Edinburgh North Depot for rail subs recently have returned to Morphettville Depot.

Most are parked in with the rest of the fleet but 1731 has been parked against the fence by Oaklands Rd. It's a bit weird seeing a bus with Torrens Transit on the sides, showing a SouthLink desto, in a Light-City Buses depot!
jibb

Post by jibb »

The latest addition to Adelaide's tram fleet 3(ex Madrid) Citadis trams arrived at the Outer Harbour today. Fitting out these trams to make them serviceable for Adelaide's tram tracks will cost around a million dollars each
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

Found another bug crawling over me on 1956 just now. Only seen this on buses from Port depot. Bloody disgraceful, that it's happened twice in a few months.
Skexis

Post by Skexis »

Care to elaborate? Which type of bug exactly?
busrider
Administrator
Favourite Vehicle: Maybe not my car...

Post by busrider »

Might have to send in a bug report...
softgrow

Post by softgrow »

According to a driver all OBahn buses except G40 and M44 are using the tunnel. Caught a M44 City to Klemzig, no tunnel, C2 back, achievement unlocked :)
Crispy!
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O405NH

Post by Crispy! »

The new BCI’s have arrived at Southlink Lonsdale and have been numbered 2620 and 2621.
BUSWAY EQUIPPED:
PLEASE CHECK GUIDEWHEELS
BEFORE DEPARTURE.
mmosca447
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202

Post by mmosca447 »

Crispy! wrote:The new BCI’s have arrived at Southlink Lonsdale and have been numbered 2620 and 2621.
Do you have any photos - would be great to have a look before I see them on the road :)
Crispy!
Favourite Vehicle: Mercedes Benz O405NH

Post by Crispy! »

Sorry my mistake Elizabeth Depot.
BUSWAY EQUIPPED:
PLEASE CHECK GUIDEWHEELS
BEFORE DEPARTURE.
Skexis

Post by Skexis »

Stop U2 in Vic Sq has had all the route numbers changed so as they are all white on dark blue. Pretty sure there used to be a colour variation. Also D2 in Grote St now has them all as white on maroon (except the freebie services).

Also has anyone else noticed that stupid new lane marking on the eastern side of King William Rd opposite the Festival Centre? I'll see if I can get a photo tomorrow but if you see it you'll know what I mean. Encourages all southbound traffic to make a swerve to the left. There'll be a mishap there before to long.
Tim Williams

Post by Tim Williams »

Well, the O-Bahn tunnel is out of action this evening - didn't last long in service, did it??

Is this just some unfinished construction business or is there a problem? We cannot ask the Transport and Infrastructure Minister as he seems to be fighting battles on all fronts!
Norman
Favourite Vehicle: Scania L94UB

Post by Norman »

Tim Williams wrote:Well, the O-Bahn tunnel is out of action this evening - didn't last long in service, did it??

Is this just some unfinished construction business or is there a problem? We cannot ask the Transport and Infrastructure Minister as he seems to be fighting battles on all fronts!
It won't be in full operation until Sunday. It has been open and closed at different intervals all week as final testing is completed.
Tim Williams

Post by Tim Williams »

Thanks for the reply, it will be good when finished!
mmosca447
Favourite Vehicle: MAN SL202

Post by mmosca447 »

Not really an AdMet observation but Henley Beach Rd's speed limit will be changed from 60 to 50 between Stephens Avenue and South Road as of the 17th of December.
TA3001

Post by TA3001 »

mmosca447 wrote:Not really an AdMet observation but Henley Beach Rd's speed limit will be changed from 60 to 50 between Stephens Avenue and South Road as of the 17th of December.
I've often thought that 60kph was a little excessive for this bumpy narrow section of rd that has heavy volumes of pedestrians. I just hope the DPTI doesn't add 3-5 minutes to the timetables to account for this.

It's not like buses ever get up to 60kph on Henley Beach Rd between South Rd and Roswell Rd anyway due to the loose timetables, frequent stops, and the quality of the road. Maybe if they deducted some time, the patronage would increase, hence more time being needed. Add more time to account for this, patronage decreases again. DPTI workers banging heads against wall :).
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

The Belair line will be closed from 27-29 December for essential maintenance with substitute bus route B1 operating instead.
https://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/Announ ... 9-December
They could have at least had a clockface timetable for bus services rather than the 22 & 56 minutes past each hour thing. Why schedule buses to run with timings designed for single line and passing loop train services? Would be much simpler to understand if the headways are even. Same with peak time, why have buses 10 & 20 minutes apart rather than an even 15 minutes? #facepalm

There is no planned maintenance listed on the maintenance calendar which is interesting... Another last minute decision to close a railway line...????
https://www.infrastructure.sa.gov.au/RR ... e_calendar
PD2/20

Post by PD2/20 »

Eagle Eye wrote:...

There is no planned maintenance listed on the maintenance calendar which is interesting... Another last minute decision to close a railway line...????
There have been mobile LED signs either side of of the level crossing on Cross Rd regarding the closure of Cross Rd for 27-29 Dec, so presumably level crossing work is being undertaken.
jibb

Post by jibb »

PD2/20 wrote:
Eagle Eye wrote:...

There have been mobile LED signs either side of of the level crossing on Cross Rd regarding the closure of Cross Rd for 27-29 Dec, so presumably level crossing work is being undertaken.
Those signs weren't switched on when I drove by this afternoon.
TT
Favourite Vehicle: Anything without SCANIA badge.

Post by TT »

All of the new stops in Currie and Grenfell Streets are being used from this morning. All the back plastic is off them, looking very fancy in their contractor colour coding (blue for Torrens, orange for Light City and green for Southlink Hills services) But no real time info being displayed, just a big sticker over the screen of each one showing the location of all the new stops. Perhaps there’s an official unveiling tomorrow?
Last edited by TT on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eagle Eye

Post by Eagle Eye »

TT wrote:All of the new stops in Currie and Grenfell Streets are being used from this morning. All the back plastic is off them, looking very fancy in their contractor colour coding (blue for Torrens, orange for Light City and green for Southlink Hills services) But no real time info being displayed, just a big sticker over the screen of each one showing the location of all the new stops. Perhaps there’s an official unveiling tomorrow?
The colours aren't contractor colour - it's orange for O-Bahn, blue for East-West and green for hills. That's why LCB's 235-239 and 271-273 services are in blue for East-West as they're not a part of the O-Bahn.
TT
Favourite Vehicle: Anything without SCANIA badge.

Post by TT »

I thought 235/9 and 271/3 were part of the inner North/south area like G10 and not east/west.
bigrobbo

[Nov/Dec 2017] SA Transport observations

Post by bigrobbo »

Cornflute signs are up along King William St. detours for services during the first two weeks of January. Looks like all services have one up.

Better than the confusion along Grenfell St at 9am this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by bigrobbo on Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Discussion - Adelaide / SA”